DualShock4 Repair Help

Great work here @joy.das.jd :)

I feel sorry that I destroyed 2 of my DS3s when they exhibited some sign of malfunction which could have been easily fixed by some cleaning. One I opened & never reassembled until parts got lost and in second case I knew the film was an issue and chose to clean it with nail polish remover. All contact point on film just got dissolved :sweatsmile:
I replaced the film and it worked okay went in storage, pulled it out a few days back and its dead. Might need a nudge to film/contact point but not feeling like doing it all over again. Have a 3rd working controller so PS3 again went back in storage.

Great work here @joy.das.jd :)

I feel sorry that I destroyed 2 of my DS3s when they exhibited some sign of malfunction which could have been easily fixed by some cleaning. One I opened & never reassembled until parts got lost and in second case I knew the film was an issue and chose to clean it with nail polish remover. All contact point on film just got dissolved :sweatsmile:
I replaced the film and it worked okay went in storage, pulled it out a few days back and its dead. Might need a nudge to film/contact point but not feeling like doing it all over again. Have a 3rd working controller so PS3 again went back in storage.

DS3 controller are quite difficult to repair. The main reason being shortage of parts.

And one of my reseller friend was able to arrange several fully working genuine DS3 controllers for fairly cheap [even rare ones]. Its lot cheaper and convenient to buy a working controller than to search for the parts.

BTW, are you are from Delhi / NCR ? If yes then, I can take a look at that faulty controller.

DS3 controller are quite difficult to repair. The main reason being shortage of parts.

And one of my reseller friend was able to arrange several fully working genuine DS3 controllers for fairly cheap [even rare ones]. Its lot cheaper and convenient to buy a working controller than to search for the parts.

BTW, are you are from Delhi / NCR ? If yes then, I can take a look at that faulty controller.
Thanks for the offer Joy. Won't bother you with it for now as it's only my laziness that's stopping me from working on fixing them up!
If I get on with it and get stuck then will ping you up (Maybe to help arrange a controller since fixing it up is actually *SOME TASK*)

Back