Duck Tales in Hindi?

^^ I am telling you, we need to bring Sony and Apple under lokpal.

EDIT: DAMN.. Not all files playing via USB. Few are giving codec error.. :mad:

include Disney under lokpal as well now..

^^ Is your PS3 even working ? :p

On a serious note, any reasons why they aren't playing ? Indian DVDs should work on Indian PS3s, plain and simple ! :huh:

alekhkhanna said:
any reasons why they aren't playing ? Indian DVDs should work on Indian PS3s, plain and simple ! :huh:

Files are playing fine on the comp. Not on ps3/LCD usb option.

Has to be codec incompatibility with the latter case. I have an Indian ps3.

Every disc has 3 stories in 3 files. Most likely first file will play via usb but not the rest two.

@Ethan

Yup.

i) Discs episodes are not in Order. Disc named one doesnt contains start of the series

ii) Two connecting episodes are not on the same disk. Not only that, first episode of 2 part story carries on and overlaps other independent episode's file. :mad:

^^ Glad I cancelled the order when it was just about to get dispatched. :ashamed:

PS3 is my only video playing hathiyaar atm as lappy's drive is kaput. :mad:

Played it via DVD player on my 46". Looks awesome. Clear DVD Video and Audio ( 2.1 Channel Provided ) Wish it had 5.1 , Will be seeing it through that. Did not try on PS3 after reading space's comment.

♫ Zindagi toofani hai ... jahaan hai duck___ , Gaadiyan , laser , hawaii jahaaj , yeh hai duck ___ , rahasyaa suljhao , Itihaas bnaoooooo ..DUCKTALES . WOHOOoo ! ♫

By Joe ! it was a gr8 song . I saw 3-4 hindi eps on Youtube , though that was a year ago . Same with Talespin .
Any1 willing to play Santa Claus on this one ??

Spacescreamer said:
Files are playing fine on the comp. Not on ps3/LCD usb option.

Has to be codec incompatibility with the latter case. I have an Indian ps3.

Every disc has 3 stories in 3 files. Most likely first file will play via usb but not the rest two.

Well, from the look of it every file should properly play on all the tvs.

here is why:

1. video is encoded with mpeg1-2 which is standard dvd format. and audio is ac3 2 channel stereo.

2. the 3 episodes are in a single mpeg stream with chapter information. so if you are able to play the ifo file in your tv it should even show the dvd menu.

if you want each episode in a different vob file, try this:

download dvddecrypter

1. Select Mode->IFO

2. Tools->Settings->IFO Mode->File Splitting->By Chapter

now if you copy the dvd; it would create each episode a .vob file. I am not going to explain what to do next :p

IMO it should definitely be playable on any player, ps3 or tv. because my tv's spec (Samsung LA40C650) says that it supports mpeg1-2 in vob containers.

Spacescreamer said:
1) Hindi Dubbing is indeed the one which we have seen on DD.
2) Movies have got the problem of jagged edges/lines whenever there is fast movement of the characters. (refer to pics provided at the end and to booo's post below for resolving the issue on comp.)

3) Slim plastic cases looks good for the disc.
4) Not playing on ps3.
5) Discs episodes are not in Order. Disc named one doesnt contains start of the series
6) Two connecting episodes are not on the same disk. Not only that, first episode of 2 part story carries on and overlaps other independent episode's file. :mad:
7) EDIT Some files Playing fine via USB. No Jagged edges.
Others giving codec error DAMN.. .. :mad:

Are the discs made by disney or some nameless indian company?
Didnt expect such bad quality. The screen grabs and errors like wrong episodes itself shows not much thought was put into compiling the dvds.
Hope you put this info (except for images) on flipkart too.

Made by Sony DADC Manufacturing India pvt ltd, Mumbai.

Disc quality is not too high. Esp near the central ring you can see aberrations in few of the discs. Another has a very weird irregular ring/patch on the data area (much similar to what indicates unwritten/free space but irregular)

Side clamps prone to breakage, central clamp are permanently depressed in some. Disappointing cases.

Spacescreamer said:
Made by Sony DADC Manufacturing India pvt ltd, Mumbai.

Disc quality is not too high. Esp near the central ring you can see aberrations in few of the discs. Another has a very weird irregular ring/patch on the data area (much similar to what indicates unwritten/free space but irregular)

Side clamps prone to breakage, central clamp are permanently depressed in some. Disappointing cases.

Their company profile page says this

A truly global company, offering futuristic products and services of top most quality.

Founded in 1996 Sony DADC Manufacturing India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Sony Corporation.

R & D, product innovation and process perfection distinguish SONY group. Sony DADC Manufacturing India Pvt. Ltd. is a recognized leader in providing full-service solutions for optical media and pre-recorded audio cassettes. We can boast about a state of the art Manufacturing plant, serving the world with the best optical media, adhering to strict SONY quality norms!! We strive to offer superior quality with zero defects. We also have a fully equipped in house Glass Mastering and Stamper manufacturing facility, ensuring faster turn-around and prompt service.

Give the world top class and Indians the thrown off junk. Boycott these companies. :|

I have my episodes, got them yesterday
<

I didn't know an english version even existed when I first saw it on TV.
<

I would be interested in Duck Tales and Tale spin too. They were awesome.

Back