CPU/Mobo E-4300 in India ?

If u plan to OC or not .. the E4300 will definitely be ur first choice , as if u do OC , u'll not need very fast RAM (i.e. >= ddr2-800) to OC it .. infact to get the E6300 to the speeds the E4300 should reach , u'll have to invest a lot more on the RAM too .. the diff. between the two at stock is under 3% ...

Sorry for bumping this one...

But does anyone what's the current price of this processor now, specially in New Delhi. I intend to make one core2duo rig soon, with this procc.

Sheriff said:
Sorry for bumping this one...
But does anyone what's the current price of this processor now, specially in New Delhi. I intend to make one core2duo rig soon, with this procc.

Got e4300 on 9th feb at SMC for 8.5k all incl

For the E4300 , i'd always suggest the Gigabyte DS3P ... and infact with normal Zion or Transcend DDR2-667 ram , u should easily hit 3 GHz (but only with this particular board :D ) ...

super_saiyan said:
pardon my ignorance ...

but a

e4300 + el-cheapo ram clocks better

than a e6300 + same el-cheapo ram ??

Doesnt clock better, it would be *easier* to overclock it with less capable mobo's cause of the higher multiplier.

Moreover with an 800Mhz FSB, your DDR2 ram at stock CPU clocks would be only 400Mhz 1:1 . That gives you more headroom while still keeping mem ratios 1:1.

And for that u'll also need a mobo that lets u force dd2-400 :D .. my mobo doesn't :(

If u plan to OC , E4300 anyday .. u'll surely hit 3 GHz (333*9) , while the E6300 at the same FSB will hit only ~2.2 GHz :( .. u can give VT a miss anyday .. and this with just ddr2-667 RAM ... :p ... now imagine what the E4400 will do with 10x multi .. there u'll hit 2.66 GHz even with ddr2-533 ram. ...

Back