E3 2010 - consoles' exclusive thread!

^Wait until someone rips apart the 3DS to reveal the internals. I'm sure you'd be surprised. In any case, the Wii does not support HD output, not even 720p so the processor and GPU onboard isn't all that great.

WAT a Joke :rofl: Nitendo making powerful handhelds :rofl:

where they shud have made powerful console... :bleh:

b/w many of them have reported...extended gameplay on 3DS is giving them headache's, as will be the case with any extended play with 3D on.

Aman27deep said:
i dont think its possible for the 3DS to be more powerful than a Wii, makes little to no sense
Desecrator said:
^Wait until someone rips apart the 3DS to reveal the internals. I'm sure you'd be surprised. In any case, the Wii does not support HD output, not even 720p so the processor and GPU onboard isn't all that great.
Well Wii hardware is typical previous gen fare after all. The original XBOX had similar specs 10 years back and it was discontinued the same year Wii was introduced. A 729MHz Single core CPU and a 243MHz GPU (capabilities unknown) is portable device fare these days, so I don't think its impossible. What's interesting and surprising is Nintendo choosing to do such a major hardware overhaul and then releasing it as a revision of Nintendo DS rather than as an entirely new line of consoles.

Sony may have dropped a few details about Gran Turismo 5 (like a release date) at its E3 presentation, but it was saving the real news for an even bigger event: Cue random interview on the UK PlayStation site with Sony Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida.

In this interview, Yoshida casually confirms the existence of unannounced elements in the racing sim, including a track editor and go-karts. For every individual driver, Yoshida says there is " a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races."

Elsewhere in the interview (and just as nonchalantly), Yoshida references some " new game-enhancing graphical effects, such as damage, night racing and weather." Damage has already been confirmed and weather rumored.

Source: Gran Turismo 5 includes track editor, weather and go-karts | Joystiq

Desecrator said:
it isn't great for the big screen but it is more than great for a small screen handheld

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Lord Nemesis said:
Well Wii hardware is typical previous gen fare after all. The original XBOX had similar specs 10 years back and it was discontinued the same year Wii was introduced. A 729MHz Single core CPU and a 243MHz GPU (capabilities unknown) is portable device fare these days, so I don't think its impossible. What's interesting and surprising is Nintendo choosing to do such a major hardware overhaul and then releasing it as a revision of Nintendo DS rather than as an entirely new line of consoles.
didn't understand what you were saying?

Back