E61i or HTC Touch or Samsung i600

I remember seeing one ad in TOI a few days back where the DOPOD 600(OEM HTC 3400 or smthing)'s price was mentioned as 15k...if thats the official price gray market price must be at least a few thousands less...its a WM5 phone...not sure if firmware hacks are available to make it WM6....if it were then it does make all sense to even go for this one for a price of say 12-13k...and if u aren't a touchscreen fan then this one might be a good alternative....

i guess funky did a nice review(http://www.techenclave.com/forums/dopod-818pro-review-htc-prophet-oem-94485.html) abt a month back of Dopod 818Pro with almost similar specifications ( at least from h/w angle)....appeared to be quite a decent PDA phone....

I personally like the Touch...and wud love to have one now...but for the time being i'm happy with my w700 and as long as i stay away from the 'business user' tag i guess i can still continue with it for some more time..

I am using the HTC Tytn [not available in india yet] and i must say that once youve moved to windows mobile youll NEVER change back. You must remember that if you do buy the touch you would need to be a little more delicate with it than with any of the others you mentioned. One drop on concrete is enough to get your repair bill upto 10k!

Interesting you should bring that point up. I recently dropped a spankin new (read: less than 48 hours old) Touch on a solid slanting concrete slab from a height of about 4.5 ft. Not only did it just fall hard on one of the edges, it also skidded for about 2 feet... on the face!!!

What happened? Except for a nasty crater bruise on the silver lining of the housing and a completely ruined screen protector... it was fine. I got the screen protector changed (although the one I replaced it with is nowhere as thick as the one that HTC provides with the phone) and knocked off 1k off the price and sold it. (The Touch Housing sells for between $100 - $150)

After that fall... my faith in HTC External Build Quality realy has been reaffirmed. It's really great... If it had been my old Wizard or even my New Hermes... it would have definitely come apart and gotten completely ruined.

Here's to one of the most fantastic phone's i've ever used... The Touch

Just seen the Tytn II specs.

Looks to be freaking amazing

3.15Mp cam with auto foucs , GPS , Touch Flo, QWERTY .. (no FM though )

this is going to be an absolute stunner, just if they can keep the price to under 25k

Hope they tie up with airtel or any other service provider for this

^FM??? you really seem to love your FM. With such a plethora of options for music and news, i really don't see the point.

The major drool factor of the Kaiser is the new and enhanced Qualcomm 400 MHz processor with a dedicated graphics system + 128MB RAM and the built-in GPS.

Its just that i miss FM on my 6681 .

The MSM 7200 chipset from qualcomm definitely seems to be a power processor.

Qaulcomm will lead the way with the 7xxx and 8xxx series of processors in the coming days

Back