Ear phones for smartphone & mp3 player (~1k)

Hi guys ,
I'm looking to buy earphones for smartphone (prolly nexus 5) and also use the same for my mp3 player and ipod,etc . Not going to plug it in the PC/laptop .
I'm not an audiophile and have never invested in a good quality earphones.
I'll be mainly using it to listen to audio books , watch videos on my phone and general music.
Budget is ~1k . Preferably within 1k.

Please suggest me the best within 1k

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys , does this have noise isolation too? I'll be wearing it in the gym and there will be gym music playing , if I listen through this , will it isolate outer noises / music?
I can extend my budget till 1.5k if this does'nt have noise isolation :)

Thanks guys , does this have noise isolation too? I'll be wearing it in the gym and there will be gym music playing , if I listen through this , will it isolate outer noises / music?
Isolation is somewhat average but for gym you are definitely gonna need more than that (unless you highly increase the volume which I wouldn't suggest)

MP-21?

It used to retail for 1300..i had purchased it 1.5 years ago for 800 in a deal.. Working Fine till now..

It has better isolation than es18 ? I can't think of any iem within 1.5k which gives significant increase in isolation over it

I use the earphones at 50% windows volume... And 30-40% vlc media player volume.. And i can't hear anything outside.. Cant tell u about isolation.. Has a mic too..

On ES-18, keep a correct sized buds and noise isolation is great. I cannot hear anything unless the volume is down or the song has stopped playing.
For the price, it is great. I used it at Gym too, and It was comfortable. Atleast It is better than PL11, dont know much about the MP21 or PL21 in this regard

^^ - Thanks , will look them out . I researched online and every article is saying SM E10 is the best . But it's like 1.8k . Is it worth it when ES-18 is like 700 bucks?
They all look the same to me o_O

E-10 is wonderful, it's I think one of the few SoundMagic IEMs in this price range with a decent build quality. If you can extend your budget then it's a pretty good option.

ES-18 is good in it's own price range.

E-10 has amazing SQ and sound stage without sacrificing on low frequency. I got it for 1.4K( some offer on Snapdeal 4 months back) a few months back for a friend and I loved it.

Last edited:
I love my creative ep630 and would recommend you to buy it and save some money. Priced 900/-
It's over 2 years now and it's giving me the same great performance. Love it.

sorry for hijacking the thread but i have exactly same requirement.
need an iem for watching movies/music on laptop while in bus/train.
so comfort and noise isolation are essential.
price should be below 1k. es18 ~650, pl11~750, ep630~900
dont have an option of listening to any of them. which ones do you think will be best?

sorry for hijacking the thread but i have exactly same requirement.
need an iem for watching movies/music on laptop while in bus/train.
so comfort and noise isolation are essential.
price should be below 1k. es18 ~650, pl11~750, ep630~900
dont have an option of listening to any of them. which ones do you think will be best?
ES18 is the best amongst these. I had it for a year and it outshines every other IEM under 1k.

Yeah ... the ear phone is darn good .. I can hear even the lows and all background musics very clearly .. Simply awesome .
But it comes with 3 ear buds sizes and I can't find the right fit for me .
I tried medium and it was a bit loose . I tried big , it looked like it would fit tightly , but after I insert it , it loosens up after 5 secs too . Have'nt tried small.
I mean when ur wearing it and u push it a bit inside with ur hands , the sound is so perfect with lots of noise isolation too , but as soon as you take your hand off after shoving them inside your ear , it loosens up a little bit and it's not like when u have your hand pressing it in ..
( I'm sorry if this is a noob question , I have'nt used ear phones before and don't know how to find my right size ).
What do I do ?

@GODMODE09 It appears that buds provided are not fitting properly. This was case with me in my previous IEMs but however I had retained buds from my Sony Ericsson phone which were of perfect fit. Option I can suggest you is trying to find out unused buds from any of your friends which are of better fit than yours. Sound quality does vary on bud size/quality.

EDIT: Alternatively local mobile shops do have buds.

Back