Earphones for iPod

felix

Disciple
Hey everybody

I've been looking around the net for something to replace the default iPod earphones and have basically decided on either of two models; the sennhesier c300 or the shure e2c...Between the two I think I'd prefer the senns just cuz they are way cheaper...

There's two things I'd like to ask:

a. Where are these available in bangalore ? (The senns are available in apple showrooms but are way too overpriced). And if not blore, in chennai maybe ? And if yes, for how much ?

b. Are there any other headphones (cheaper obviously :p) I might want to consider ? I'll be using them while travelling in buses. So there'll be a lot of external noise.

thx

Are sure e2c available in india??? What price??

Anyway try out Sennheiser MX500 earbuds (Rs1500). Haven't used it myself but many people seem to love them.

BTW, any particular reason you bought an ipod?? Were you looking for gapless playback or support for audiobooks from sites like audible.com??

Whatever h/p you decide to buy and i do not know whether you already know this or which model ipod you have but anyways ....
1) the audio pinouts of the 5G ipod video (which i have) is reversed as compared to a normal mini steroeo pinouts. i.e. the right and left channels are reversed in the 5G ipod video, hence you will have to interchange the h/p modules ( L / R channels) to get correct audio output.

hey...

thx for all the replies.

@arrow055: I bought an ipod cuz i have all my music sorted, rated and tagged in iTunes (I use seperate utilities for tagging and normalizing). So i don't really have any issues with using iTunes to sync to my iPod, which BTW seems to be the standard gripe against the iPod..and since i've bought the 30 gb one I don't intend to do too much syncing except when i get new stuff. And no, i don't much care for gapless playback, audiobooks, games or even playing video...But I am truly in love with the navigation and I know the sound quality is good cuz i've heard them when connected to MX5021s. Scanning through 6000 songs isn't too hard :) And as for waiting for the Zune, personally, the finish looks like cheap and plasticky(from the screenshots) and the wifi capability seems overrated. Creative's seem too bulky and bout iRivers, I have no clue. Personal opinion, people..so no flames :D.

@chaos: Where could i find the shure e2c s for 5k ? And would the PX100 suffice, given the noise in the bus ?

Also, regarding the MX500/550 s, they might be good but Id still have to turn the volume up all the way because of external noise...and I'm not particularly enthusiastic at losing my hearing when I reach 50 :p But yes, if i don't find anything else I'll probably end up giving them a try.

hey...thanks everybody for all the replies. and btw does anybody know where i can get Creative EP630 headphones in blore (i can't afford the senns anymore after having bought meself a spanking new mx5021 :D)...i did try speaking to a guy at cyberstar infocomm but the guy had no clue about these headphones :(

Back