ebay.in set to become expensive

FLIPKART will soon become India's amazon. they were already doing very well in books, now they sell mobiles also, exactly like amazon started with selling books online

senwrite1 said:
looking amazon to enter in India, i think amazon only compete with ebay.in in India
amazon alone will find it difficult to starts operations without local help.
Even Ebay.in came to indian markets by buying Bazee so everything from infrastructure to reputation was already in place.

connect said:
eBay Fee changes for Shops, Features, Technology Categories & Wholesale Lots

guys read this

in 2nd para its wriiten " in the last 2 years we have given coupons and promotions on regular basis"

does this also mean we wont get any coupons from now on or the frequency and amount of coupons gonna decrease like ebay.com where coupons are far and few,

also listing fee has also increased as mentioned by OP
this means that the prices will be competitive else ebay will be dead soon, dead.

gauviz said:
FLIPKART will soon become India's amazon. they were already doing very well in books, now they sell mobiles also, exactly like amazon started with selling books online

seeing the kind of growth & response, its possible

malhotraraul said:
we both different type of individuals with different sets of experience, NOW HOW DO I EXPLAIN ????
Start by trying harder.

You made a simple statement, usually examples are what is used elaborate on why you happen to have this particular point of view.

Though anecdotal might give some inkling as to whether your earlier statement is valid or not.

Different to ebay isn't that important, course they are, but its this flexible bit that would be more interesting to understand.

blr_p said:
Start by trying harder.

You made a simple statement, usually examples are what is used. Though anecdotal might give some inkling as to whether your earlier statement is valid or not.
there is nothing to try or to do, rather wait & watch, then we'll talk.

do yourself a favor, register amazon & buy a product & then see how the quantity doubles every time you would wanna checkout & stop bugging me with your own assumptions.

ebay and amazon are 2 very different concepts ..

Ebay provides a platform for sellers and buyers ..Just a middlemen and charges commission..All they have is a website and a team to handle dispute cases/customer care ..

Amazon on the other hand largely buy their own goods and have large warehouses and manage it all ...so takes more time and investment to set up ...

After this hike in prices i wont buy anything from ebay unless they give some crazy coupons :p . I find dealers here on TE better than ebay. Here you can actually communicate with the dealers and most of them are very good in communication and reply to most of the queries

malhotraraul said:
do yourself a favor, register amazon & buy a product & then see how the quantity doubles every time you would wanna checkout.
Anyone have an idea what he's on about :huh:

malhotraraul said:
& stop bugging me with your own assumptions.
I've noticed that your posts usually tend to have zero insight in them.

I bought an electronic good some days back from ebay using a coupon. Got 500 bucks discount. When it reached home, i had to shed 250 bucks as octroi fees to the courier guy. The govt should be promoting commerce. I googled for "octroi" and this is what it says on wiki:
As of 2008, octroi is levied in Ethiopia and in only one state of India, (Maharashtra). Maharashtra will abolish octroi soon.
That "soon" is yet to come. I have to go to lamington road and sneak in the goods in my backpack just to avoid octroi. GoI needs lessons in basic of economics.

Here i've assumed that the hike thing has something to do with GoI. I could be wrong. Be gentle.

^ nah, octroi was made optional in a budget few years back, 2007 i think. almost all states removed it in favour of vat and some other tax. maybe maharashtra is too poor to let go of this tax when its asking for vat too. bmc must be raking in crores from octroi every year. super greedy state imo. wonder where the money goes...

Amazon is not only for stuff they themselves sell.

Others and even individuals can sell their stuff through amazon.

With amazon, if you are log into your account and add the item in your cart, then the item you added in your cart stays in your cart unless you remove it. Maybe this is what malhortaraul wanted to say.

Its not really inconvenience as you do get confirmation page before you are taken to checkout.

Even big shops like buy.com, tigerdirect etc sell through amazon. This is really beneficial to someone like me who do use mail forwarding services. Shops like buy.com / tiregerdirect do not accept Indian CC directly through their portals. But you can buy though them using amazon and use your indian cc and get the item delivered anywhere in the usa or directly to you if its non electronic item.

If amazon comes to India, nothing like it. But there is no news at all about future possibility of this from Amazon.

Ebay Indian is bonkers to do this revision in FvF pricing. This could backfire in a big way. They either need to go back to old system or reduce paisapay fees. This will basically mean that ebay pricing of items will be wayyy off from real street pricing. They have been on the higher side, but now it will be stupendously high.

blr_p said:
I've noticed that your posts usually tend to have zero insight in them.
LOL I second that! Each time I see his post, I laugh at them at the expense of his avatar.

:rofl:

Back