eBay India Hot Deals and Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone bought directly from eBay.com from US?, I wanted to buy an item costs 5K, but not sure that it will take any custom duties/charges in India other than shipping cost. Seller says, they will sell it as gift and make lower value to avoid custom duties and never faced any issue,but they are not guaranteed. Can anyone comment ?

jijojose79 said:
Anyone bought directly from eBay.com from US?, I wanted to buy an item costs 5K, but not sure that it will take any custom duties/charges in India other than shipping cost. Seller says, they will sell it as gift and make lower value to avoid custom duties and never faced any issue,but they are not guaranteed. Can anyone comment ?
Customs duty depends on the type of item that you are importing and it is your responsibility - not seller's. For example duty on mobile phones is 1.03%, electronics and computer parts and accessories, laptops, ipads 15%, automobile accessories 27% and so on.

Regarding whether you will be charged customs duty or not depends on the mood of the Customs guys - does not depend on whether you declare it as gift or what the value is. I have been charged Rs 750 as duty for a sample of some IC provided by National which was valued zero and was declared as Free sample (market cost of the same is hardly 500 Rs.). In the contrary I was not charged anything for Rs. 10000 phone. So, it is your luck at the end.

archat68 said:
Customs duty depends on the type of item that you are importing and it is your responsibility - not seller's. For example duty on mobile phones is 1.03%, electronics and computer parts and accessories, laptops, ipads 15%, automobile accessories 27% and so on.

Regarding whether you will be charged customs duty or not depends on the mood of the Customs guys - does not depend on whether you declare it as gift or what the value is. I have been charged Rs 750 as duty for a sample of some IC provided by National which was valued zero and was declared as Free sample (market cost of the same is hardly 500 Rs.). In the contrary I was not charged anything for Rs. 10000 phone. So, it is your luck at the end.

Nice explanation.

Can anybody tell me where I can check the customs information.

100 off on 105 he is talking about on new accounts

Heard some people even bought a 24-25k worth laptop accumulating 100 off 105 coupon ! Imagine whole night 240~250 accounts ...shit ! Must say the guy has loads of patience and time :D

Supra said:
Heard some people even bought a 24-25k worth laptop accumulating 100 off 105 coupon ! Imagine whole night 240~250 accounts ...shit ! Must say the guy has loads of patience and time :D
I don't think that will work. Aren't the coupons account locked :S ? And how can one apply multiple coupons for single purchase ?

Supra said:

How is that possible

I don't think that will work. Aren't the coupons account locked ? And how can one apply multiple coupons for single purchase ?

LOL last week on creating new account a Rs 100 of 105 discount was provided :p.....tell the seller u will buy 230 of his Rs 105 items using 230 new accounts...job done :D

Of course the seller has to co-operate :)

Few ppl in desidime did this I heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back