ebook Reader buying

UPDATE: Plan Changed.

cool_cat said:
Guys.. Ordered "Kindle Touch Wifi" at the End. not kindle fire.

Thank You All For the Suggestions.

UPDATE: I asked to change order to Kindle Touch Wifi+US adapter. :p

Here's the detail:

Order Total: $108.99
Delivery estimate: Nov. 30, 2011 - Dec. 5, 2011

My Kindle Touch eReader is reaching at last this week :) . It was delivered on Nov 28th in My Relatives address in US. Someone is carrying it to India now.

--

I forgot to order a LCD Protective Screen for Kindle Touch($9 as per amazon.com). ebay India has the same $9 worth LCD Protective Screen available for 1400 or So and are shipped from USA :(

Is there any other cheaper Option in India regarding LCD Screen Protector? Is it Really needed? and Kindle 3(Keyboard) LCD Screen Protector..will it fit Kindle Touch? I am also thinking if I can custom fit LCD Scratch Guard(Clear type) which may be available in Shopping Centres?

--

Another thing is, I want to buy a cover for Kindle Touch. Ebay has options. but, I am thinking if I may get good leather cover locally in Ernakulam(Penta Menaka) or Bangalore. Any Suggestions?

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/kindle-cover-185683.html

^^^ Ordering a Cover seems Good Idea. But, it may be the last option.

TIA+

Congratulations on your purchase.

Looking at the price it seems that you opted for the 'with special offers' ad-supported version. Exactly how are the ads shown and how obtrusive are they? Also, what are the service / support options in India for Kindle.

I am Yet to receive the thing Yaara...Desperations..of... India :ashamed: I have to collect it tomorrow or day after tomorrow from an address. I will surely update this thread with briefing.

I received Kindle Touch Today Evening along with US Adapter. I am new to eReaders and will need some time..

Guess this is the first Kindle Touch in TE Forum?

Here are some snaps taken from My Samsung Mobile(Sorry for the Quality of Photos :( ) :

[attachment=10481:17402.attach]

Attachments

• Photo0247.resized.jpg
    Photo0247.resized.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Photo0248.resized.jpg
    Photo0248.resized.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Photo0249.resized.jpg
    Photo0249.resized.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Photo0251.resized.jpg
    Photo0251.resized.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Photo0253.resized.jpg
    Photo0253.resized.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 133
I am novice user with this device. The Device came registered with the Original Amazon Account through which it was purchased? How to deregister through PC ?

Also, Is it really needed to register the device?

Thanks. I have a LCD Screen protector custom cut and fixed(Shop guy did that) on Kindle. That was meant for "Samsung Galaxy P1000" written in the cover. Looking OK.

BTW, I have a doubt whether Screen Scratch protector is really needed for kindle?

I saw a blackberry cover which perfectly fits this reader. asking price is Rs600.

update:

bought a case which is meant for galaxy tab costing Rs450 :( I was looted, guess. enough for some time.

currently worrying any way to tame the pdf issue with kindle. pdfs simply won't auto adjust fit the screen.. I was wondering if it is possible to edit pdfs to make it compatible to kindle screen? :S

cool_cat said:
update:

bought a case which is meant for galaxy tab costing Rs450 :( I was looted, guess. enough for some time.

currently worrying any way to tame the pdf issue with kindle. pdfs simply won't auto adjust fit the screen.. I was wondering if it is possible to edit pdfs to make it compatible to kindle screen? :S

You are in for a shock because Kindle is not meant to read PDF's. I have not seen anything which can help you.

Also there is no need for a screen protector as its non glossy.

cool_cat said:

Download Calibre or Mobipocket reader, and convert your pdf's to .mobi format and reupload them to your device.

calibre - Download calibre
Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.

As long as the pdfs are mainly text they should convert easily. If they've got lots of images or they don't convert well, then convert them to .epub format using Calibre, then "explode epub" to get a folder full of html files. Edit the files, and rebuild the epub. Convert to .mobi. Load to device. Read at leisure.

Calibre lets you convert epub files to html. (explode epub)
Once it's in html format, you use a text editor and edit the html files till you get the result you want.

I've already installed calibre and converted A Pdf Document(which contains diagrams) using Calibre. it is satisfactory. however, it is still uncomfortable looking at diagrams which is rendered small. and that trick with epub edit before converting to .mobi I will try.

Thanks for the info btw.

Back