Encounter with Noobs !!!!

i met a person while traveling in train. Started some conversation about movies. During which he said he had bought so many original Moserbaer VCDs of movies but never get good quality in movies. I told him for better quality and resolution he should buy DVD or Blu ray movies.

In reply the guy the said : "But I am paying for original movie then I should get good quality in VCD too..."..:S

I said in my mind : "Itne paise main itna hi milega.."

Metalspree said:
His answer : I don't want my ex-roomie ( the one who left to India) misuse the wifi connection .I was like shoot me this instant i would be happy to die :2guns::death:.
may be he is from future where wifi ranges are ~60000 km :bleh:

During my school days in the Pentium III era, NFS II was the hot game going on. One of my friend wanted to play on his computer and was asking how to install the game when another friend said he has the game in his computer and he will get the game in a floppy. We said you cannot copy the enitre NFS in a single floppy but he confidently said he could and asked us to wait for the next day when he brought a floppy saying the game is now copied.

We went to my friends home to check out what he has done and found to our great amusement that the guy has copied the exe (and that too only a shortcut to the exe from desktop) thinking that it is the entire game. Me and my friend had a great laugh that day :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

vpraveenis said:
During my school days in the Pentium III era, NFS II was the hot game going on. One of my friend wanted to play on his computer and was asking how to install the game when another friend said he has the game in his computer and he will get the game in a floppy. We said you cannot copy the enitre NFS in a single floppy but he confidently said he could and asked us to wait for the next day when he brought a floppy saying the game is now copied.

We went to my friends home to check out what he has done and found to our great amusement that the guy has copied the exe (and that too only a shortcut to the exe from desktop) thinking that it is the entire game. Me and my friend had a great laugh that day :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
ya this was a common phenomena in that days........lols......:bleh:
i wonder hope microsoft dint had such exe & shortcuts.........else we wud had heard that "i copied whole windows in my floppy" :rofl:

ronit said:
i wonder hope microsoft dint had such exe & shortcuts.........else we wud had heard that "i copied whole windows in my floppy" :rofl:

Oh worse.. a guy (who still stays in my society) said, I don't need this Windows folder, can I delete it to make space for songs ??? or Program Files maybe :|

ronit said:
ya this was a common phenomena in that days........lols......:bleh:
TBH i was also one of them, as i didn't had access to TE :p

Although nothing noobie, but at the time when floppies were online medium of transferring data from one computer to another, we had this 1.44 MB floppy disks. But there was this DOS based software available (mostly written in C or C++) which somehow managed to change the size of disk to 1.72 MB (volume). That software was like god send for us just because of that extra ~250 kB that we got :D

It even somehow manage to repair the sector 0 (dont remember exactly) error caused in floppy disks.

This nearly made me go nutz :S

a friend of mine wanted to buy a GPU, to play games after where he saw Crysis , Stalker @ my place
he lost his mind, and he took me to his place to see as why his PC couldn't handle such games, and i found out
that it had an on board chipset ,and i said him all you need is a GPU. he agreed and he bought a 9500 GT
with my guidance after great difficulty.
after which i went to his place to install the GPU .

Noob Question 1 : right after i opened his cab side panel , he was astonished , and started asking me lame question,
My my, imagine all the components , now this answer the electricity bills :/ .
He looked at the RAM sticks asked me what are they ? I and told him those are RAM, Noob : acha RAM hey tho supporters hae na ?
Me supporters ?? wat'd u mean ? He said that RAM are like pillars that support the mobo.
Next he looked at Heatsink fan, n side 120mm fan ( with a GRIM look on his face, he looked @ me n said )
these bastards are responsible for the unexplained electricity bills ... Take out these 2 fans .... I was like WTF ?

2nd GODLY Noob Question : :p Guys this ones the best, I left his place in a hurry without installing the GPU driver, after 30 mins he calls me and yells
Macha WTF ? all of a sudden my MONITOR BECAME BIG ? ... Me : WHAT ? , Noob : YES RA, that shopkeeper ch**d tricked us, he gave us a broken card.
Me : tell me what happend. Noob : the monitor became BIIIG . the my computer logo , Recycle bin logo became BIG . My eyes are paining . there is too much power from the monitor :rofl:
Me : with a big face-palm, realized that his Display resolution came down from 1400*900 to 800*600 :p ... i couldn't control my self , laughed out loud .... :bleh:

hector19 said:
This nearly made me go nutz :S

a friend of mine wanted to buy a GPU, to play games after where he saw Crysis , Stalker @ my place

he lost his mind, and he took me to his place to see as why his PC couldn't handle such games, and i found out

that it had an on board chipset ,and i said him all you need is a GPU. he agreed and he bought a 9500 GT

with my guidance after great difficulty.

after which i went to his place to install the GPU .

Noob Question 1 : right after i opened his cab side panel , he was astonished , and started asking me lame question,

My my, imagine all the components , now this answer the electricity bills :/ .

He looked at the RAM sticks asked me what are they ? I and told him those are RAM, Noob : acha RAM hey tho supporters hae na ?

Me supporters ?? wat'd u mean ? He said that RAM are like pillars that support the mobo.

Next he looked at Heatsink fan, n side 120mm fan ( with a GRIM look on his face, he looked @ me n said )

these bastards are responsible for the unexplained electricity bills ... Take out these 2 fans .... I was like WTF ?

2nd GODLY Noob Question : :p Guys this ones the best, I left his place in a hurry without installing the GPU driver, after 30 mins he calls me and yells

Macha WTF ? all of a sudden my MONITOR BECAME BIG ? ... Me : WHAT ? , Noob : YES RA, that shopkeeper ch**d tricked us, he gave us a broken card.

Me : tell me what happend. Noob : the monitor became BIIIG . the my computer logo , Recycle bin logo became BIG . My eyes are paining . there is too much power from the monitor :rofl:

Me : with a big face-palm, realized that his Display resolution came down from 1400*900 to 800*600 :p ... i couldn't control my self , laughed out loud .... :bleh:

LMAO!!! Who is this guy? is he on techenclave.

One of my College lecturer was total nuts. He knew only bookish knowledge, so obviously was practically zero.

In his quest to show off that he is technically sound, he started using Linux. Obviously all he knew was how to open terminal and type ls on it.

Moving on, during our 3rd year mini projects, one of my friend's group did not complete their mini project.

So, couple of hours before submission, someone advices him - Make something stupid in Linux so that he gets bamboozled, you'll get good marks.

Bingo!, he found out a dusted floppy which always showed up with unable to format error on Windows, but was detected fine and formatted well on Linux. [ Do not ask reason, as it is not imp ].

Both the guys wrote a total junk assembly code, which did nothing just moved values here and there.

They told lecturer -

Sir, this is a bad floppy, very very bad floppy. See if we insert this, in Windows it throws error.

Lecturer : Oh yes, bad bad floppy.

Students: Sir, see now I am rebooting into Linux and running my super fundoo program. This will fix this floppy magically.

Students: Now we enter the floppy and run our code. Now I can format the floppy.

Lecturer [ Hoodwinked and drooling ] : Awesome, I hereby award you the best project of TE Comp Sc Award. As a bonus you both get max marks.

Students : Lulz... Yay!

blufox said:
One of my College lecturer was total nuts. He knew only bookish knowledge, so obviously was practically zero.

In his quest to show off that he is technically sound, he started using Linux. Obviously all he knew was how to open terminal and type ls on it.

Moving on, during our 3rd year mini projects, one of my friend's group did not complete their mini project.

So, couple of hours before submission, someone advices him - Make something stupid in Linux so that he gets bamboozled, you'll get good marks.

Bingo!, he found out a dusted floppy which always showed up with unable to format error on Windows, but was detected fine and formatted well on Linux. [ Do not ask reason, as it is not imp ].

Both the guys wrote a total junk assembly code, which did nothing just moved values here and there.

They told lecturer -

Sir, this is a bad floppy, very very bad floppy. See if we insert this, in Windows it throws error.

Students: Sir, see now I am rebooting into Linux and running my super fundoo program. This will fix this floppy magically.

Students: Now we enter the floppy and run our code. Now I can format the floppy.

Lecturer [ Hoodwinked and drooling ] : Awesome, I hereby award you the best project of TE Comp Sc Award. As a bonus you both get max marks.

I lol'd so hard :rofl:

But i am a linux noob :ashamed:

ROFL... awsome one.
hector19 said:

blufox said:

They told lecturer -
On the same note, I did my B.Sc. project, Networking between Windows and Linux.
The external examiner was stunned... how can they both work together, its impossible.
I said: Here it works...
He said: Get this photo (linux desktop wallpaper) to this windows PC. Samba was configured, I copied it.. viola.. Done !!

External examiner khush.. me got max marks in the class :bleh:

forum67 said:
lol.....reminds me of my college days(12th grade) in Computer Science.

First day in the practical classes,All the geeky girls where in the front row.Sir explaining about Mouse,keyboard,Windows etc.

At the end of the lecture,
Sir: " Now all of you shut down your computers "

Now all the front row girls bent and shut down the PC by turning off the POWER switch from behind..........LOL...LMAO.
All the 7-8 PC went Black in just 2-3 sec.
Sir:"OMG !!!!!....not like that"
OMG in 12th grade such things happened....
Sir had to explain what is mouse and keybord LOL

raksrules said:
Although nothing noobie, but at the time when floppies were online medium of transferring data from one computer to another, we had this 1.44 MB floppy disks. But there was this DOS based software available (mostly written in C or C++) which somehow managed to change the size of disk to 1.72 MB (volume). That software was like god send for us just because of that extra ~250 kB that we got :D

It even somehow manage to repair the sector 0 (dont remember exactly) error caused in floppy disks.
Yeah i know the name of that tool, its Maxformat. I used it a lot and use to repair everyones floppies and more to add, it even gave us an option to increase the floppies space in MBs. It was ma fav tool & use to detect every non-workable floppy disk. :)

Often encounter this situation, and never understood what to reply..

Friend (comp noob) on seeing that I have a fair knowledge of comp :::: Are yaar tere ko to bahut kuch aata hai computer main... main ek din aaunga, mujhe sab sikha dena...!!! :S

(Dude, you know quite enough things about comp; I will come one day, teach me all that stuff)

Back