Encounter with Noobs !!!!

you are not going to discuss computer networking 101 with someone batting their eyelids at you. being a nub doesn't matter in this case.

pr0ing said:
you are not going to discuss computer networking 101 with someone batting their eyelids at you. being a nub doesn't matter in this case.

Haha true.. That female has a reputation of batting eyelids and getting her work done... and after that no batting; not even a glance at u.. which explains my actions..

BTW over lunch today, 2 of my team mates were having a argument weather Katrina Kaif would be able to deploy an Microsoft Exchange Server setup if she was given the hardware and step by step documentation of how to install Exchange. Weird times these are.. :S

djmykey said:
That female has a reputation of batting eyelids and getting her work done... and after that no batting; not even a glance at u.. which explains my actions..

^ Am I missing something? I though she batted her eyelids after you resolved her issue... :facepalm: :no:

A great man once said, the road travels both ways. If you don't know how to "Go", you'll never know how to "Come". :p

Start walking my friends, like right now, otherwise you'll just keep discussing & dreaming about Katrina Kaif deploying Exchange Server. :rofl:

This Happened back in the days people still used floppy disks. A friend of mine is told by someone that his floppy has a virus, He walks up to me and says, please remove the virus in this floppy, so i told him to install an antivirus etc.. but he is to scared to put it in his comp, so he says - " Yaar too isko khol ke nahi kar sakta kya, ek baar khol ke dekh to sahi kahan hai virus saala" (Please remove virus by opening the floppy disk, and finding and physically removing the f***ing virus)

Yeah she batted eyelids after he solved her issue, then it was something positive from her side, but our Hero didnt get it :p
iGo said:
^ Am I missing something? I though she batted her eyelids after you resolved her issue... :facepalm: :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

What means f***ing in the Hindi statement??? :bleh: ;)
amathur2k said:
" Yaar too isko khol ke nahi kar sakta kya, ek baar khol ke dekh to sahi kahan hai virus saala" (Please remove virus by opening the floppy disk, and finding and physically removing the f***ing virus)

@djmykey

what we heard was..

1. She had an issue.

She could not understand a technical problem

2. You resolved her issue.

3. She batted her eye lids (she had no more issues)

4. You rejected.

She again could not understand your problem.

Now whoz the noob who rejected some boob ?

madnav said:
@djmykey

3. She batted her eye lids (she had no more issues)

4. You rejected.

She again could not understand your problem.

Now whoz the noob who rejected some boob ?

Aaah.. some background for the batting eyelids is that, her manager (another big time noob) was bashing all the people in his way to get the darn thing working. He also bashed me.. but the female was spared all through this because, yes, she is a female. She batted her eyes so that I do not report to her manager that it was her fault that the issue was there in the first place, because it was her highness who put in the wrong IP address... wait IP address with a tail :bleh:

Her trick did work.. I did not report her.

And after it started working her manager decided its not important to check what a great job I did, but just go on with the demo to his client :|

And to be honest, she has no b00b... at all !!!

djmykey said:
Aaah.. some background for the batting eyelids is that, her manager (another big time noob) was bashing all the people in his way to get the darn thing working. He also bashed me.. but the female was spared all through this because, yes, she is a female. She batted her eyes so that I do not report to her manager that it was her fault that the issue was there in the first place, because it was her highness who put in the wrong IP address... wait IP address with a tail :bleh:

Her trick did work.. I did not report her.

And after it started working her manager decided its not important to check what a great job I did, but just go on with the demo to his client :|

And to be honest, she has no b00b... at all !!!

You just don't feel confident enough to develop on that project. :p

Why the need to work on an already developed software dood? :bleh:

A friend of mine is rock/metal fan. One day in college, he saw a topper sharing songs with another and asked,"kaunsa songs hai re? (What songs you have got?)
The topper replied,"English hai, tuze nahi samjhega. (It's English song, you won't understand)"
My friend, being around 6', just peeked at his cell and saw that the 'English songs' were that of Justin Babyier...he was like :facepalm:

More than being noobs, most (not all) of the people at higher positions simply feel that it is not their job to troubleshoot any kind of I.T. issue.

I've been called many times for stupid things like -

1. "The light on the printer used to be on and now nothing. I can't get the damn thing to print". The printer's switch was OFF! And the person I am talking about is a GM in the company. :\

2. "I switched on the LCD, but there is no picture coming from the laptop to the LCD. Please configure it.." The VGA cable was not connected to the laptop. Even the client, to whom the BA was giving a presentation pointed it out. :\

3. " The printer is showing out of paper error." Yes, I have been called once for this too. A big stack of A4 paper was lying next to the printer. :(

4. "I'm trying to access the shared folder of A (person sitting next to her; who was absent that day) but cannot access." The damn PC was turned off..

The best part is when project managers tell me that because of some issue (usually brought on by their team itself) which took 2-3 hours to resolve, their business worth 10s of lakhs has been lost... :p

Oh wait I forgot...
I am chatting with a user over OCS. Now OCS has a feature of sharing the desktop.. So I have to see his screen and I say, can you please share your desktop..
User replies within a second... but how can I share my desktop... I have a laptop :facepalm:

3. " The printer is showing out of paper error." Yes, I have been called once for this too. A big stack of A4 paper was lying next to the printer.

Actually in my organization, I got reprimanded for doing basic IT stuff by myself. So now I just act like a noob and call IT for simple reasons :p

Company has a very strict non-admin usage on comps, so I just use the admin log in and install any apps (even firefox, chrome is not allowed, imagine working 10 hrs on IE 7 :O). And yep the admin password, is those very basic guess work password which a couple of us guessed :) So now every time some IT guy finds out non authorized software on my comp. I just look dumb and say it must be some virus, you should see those guy's faces cursing a noob like me

^^ Naa, you should say, it came pre-installed the PC.. :bleh:
Admin password guessing is easy actually.. disabling the account on the other hand is a PITA :|

Back