Encounter with Noobs !!!!

this about an incident that happened when nokia n8 was released. I was waiting for someone at my office. Two persons were talking to themselves.

When one person said "Other day i went to nokia showroom and had a look at nokia n8. I tried its camera and i found that quality of pictures were not good. Even my nokia 5130 2mp camera clicks better pictures than n8".

I almost fainted on listening this....:S

This happend today in our office:

AVP HR to IT guy : Please don't close my systems's monitor.

IT guy:- But why?

AVP HR- If you gonna close the monitor, then how I am going to use my system through remote login.

ankxxs said:
This happend today in our office:

AVP HR to IT guy : Please don't close my systems's monitor.

IT guy:- But why?

AVP HR- If you gonna close the monitor, then how I am going to use my system through remote login.

There's your problem :)

LOL at this guys :p ....

Many of us might be aware of the Airtel's mubo jambo, Their freakin FUP , TORRENT THROTTLING :(

Well i was on 2mbps plan, where torrents wont reach 10 kbps max & direct downloads would top 220+ :S, i raised a complaint & an Airtel Tech assist came by my place, checked it, after 20 mins he told me " Bhai sab ur are using pirated version of Utorrent, register it & u'll get Full speed :/ . at that movement i wish i had GUN so i can SHOOT MY SELF ! & let that poor soul live ! GOD !!!

hector19 said:

Many of us might be aware of the Airtel's mubo jambo, Their freakin FUP , TORRENT THROTTLING :(
Well i was on 2mbps plan, where torrents wont reach 10 kbps max & direct downloads would top 220+ :S, i raised a complaint & an Airtel Tech assist came by my place, checked it, after 20 mins he told me " Bhai sab ur are using pirated version of Utorrent, register it & u'll get Full speed :/ . at that movement i wish i had GUN so i can SHOOT MY SELF ! & let that poor soul live ! GOD !!!

Wow. So thats why I am getting "awesome" speeds of 1Mbps on my registered copy of uTorrent+. Thank you failtel. Will have to post this to utorrent forums too.

Dont worry mate, you can use my key if you want to ;)

hector19 said:

Even TOI had made a similar mistake a few days back

relevant part was "...developed a pirated software to..."

Im pursuing a BFA in animation degree, this classmate of mine walks over the other day, and says- " I wanna buy a PC!"

I say - What? Why? You bought a fairy high end one like an year back. (The Config - i7920 / Venomous X / 12Gb GSkill Rip jaws 1600 Mhz / 5870 / etc etc Everything top notch)

He replies - Yaar, i want it for rendering and stuff only. My budget is 80k (i nearly fell off the chair, because he had spent some 85 grand on the previous PC and added a very high end workstation graphics card a few months back)

I was like - you already have such a high end PC, why do you need a new one for rendering.??!! As is you barely do any modelling on it. Most of the modelling stuff is done at college and the rest , you use your PC to render out.!!

He Goes - Yaar wo RAm, ghis jayegi uski. And i dont want ki uski RAM ghis ke Khatam ho jaye.

And believe it or not, the guy literally meant it, when he said RAM Ghis Jayegi! I have a couple of more guys here who believe the same thing.

I told him this : I am use a Core 2 Q 9300 (Overclock to 3.5 Ghz) with 8GB 1200 Mhz GSkill RAM (OC'd tp 1230Mhz) , with a P5q Deluxe (Again with the North Bridge tweaked) and a GTX260 (recently changed to GTX 560) for the past 2 and a half years, and most of the time the machine is running 24/7. And after the type of Batch rendering i do, the system is running perfectly fine! Do you seriously think my RAM is going anywhere??

He just left with a straight face and hasn't bothered asking me for tech help since. Rumor has it, he is selling his Canon 500D for 24k (stock kit) and getting a 5d Mark II. Worst part, i can take better pictures than him, using my iPhone 4/Sensation/G2x/ Annnndddd my Ultra Cheapo Sony A200!.

hector19 said:

Best, ever read till yet :lol:

ViKiD said:
Im pursuing a BFA in animation degree, this classmate of mine walk over the other day, and say- " I wanna buy a PC!"

I say - What? Why? You bought a fairy high end one like an year back. (The Config - i7920 / Venomous X / 12Gb GSkill Rip jaws 1600 Mhz / 5870 / etc etc Everything top notch)

He replies - Yaar, i want it for rendering and stuff only. My budget is 80k (i nearly fell off the chair, because he had spent some 85 grand on the PC previous PC and added a very high end workstation graphics card a few months back)

I was like - you already have such a high end PC, why do you need a new one for rendering.??!! As is you barely do any modelling on it. Most of the modelling stuff is done at college and rest , you use your PC to render out.!!
He Goes - Yaar wo RAm, ghis jayegi uski. And i dont want ki uski RAM ghis ke Khatam ho jaye.

And believe it or not, the guy literally meant it, when he said RAM Ghis Jayegi! I have a couple of more guys here who believe the same thing.

I told him this : I am use a Core 2 Q 9300 (Overclock to 3.5 Ghz) with 8GB 1200 Mhz GSkill RAM (OC'd tp 1230Mhz) , with a P5q Deluxe (Again with the North Bridge tweaked) and a GTX260 (recently changed to GTX 560) for the past 2 and a half years, and most of the time the machine is running 24/7. And after the type of Batch rendering i do, the system is running perfectly fine! Do you seriously think my RAM is going anywhere??

He just left with a straight face and hasn't bothered asking me for tech help since. Rumor has it, he is selling his Canon 500D for 24k (stock kit) and getting a 5d Mark II. Worst part, i can take better pictures than him, using my iPhone 4/Sensation/G2x/ Annnndddd my Ultra Cheapo Sony A200!.

You can tell him "tere dimaag ke saath jo hua, woh RAM ke saath nahin hoga, don't worry :p"

^^^ lol the reply of vikid's classmate seems to suggest that he either comes from politician or government service family!!!

I have to encounter one noob every day - My team lead. He is the "Captain Obvious". Everytime he opens his mouth....I always go - No shit, Sherlock.

So, one of those days I was ordering Galaxy S (Vibrant/Captivate) from US. And it so happened that ordering two was proving cheaper. I asked my TL if he wanted one. He agreed. That was one big mistake.

The very 2nd day we recieve the phone he says to me - Yeh phone mein se ringtone delete/format kar diya hain? I cant find any ringtones. I asked - Did you go to settings and check? He says - Ismein set karta padta hain? yeh to smartphone hain na.

sam88 said:
^^^ lol the reply of vikid's classmate seems to suggest that he either comes from politician or government service family!!!

Lawl, Private business. Truck loads of money. His dad offered him a Zen/Alto or something to commute to and from college. He declined, instead he drives a pimped out Activa - WITH BlUE NEON LIGHTS! #AWESOME!!!

Back