Linux Endeavour OS: switching from Debian 12 Bookworm

I've also always had problems with Fedora and Nvidia GPU, if you want to stick with Fedora, you can give Nobara a try, it's based on Fedora, just comes with a lot of tweaks, and for me atleast it works pretty flawlessly with my Nvidia GPU.

As for your original post, I have used Endeavour for a pretty long time, I've never faced any issues with it or even arch in general. I think it adds some pretty good qol stuff on top of arch. While people do say "arch is unstable", in my experience it's mostly fine, although being on the bleeding edge version of everything does come with it's discomforts sometimes. My major issue on arch has been mirrors, you might need to update them pretty often in India especially. Although you can just set up a service for it. Being on arch does have its perks too, like the AUR and the extensive community support for any issues if they aren't already mentioned on the arch wiki. You could also give cachy-os a try, although in my experience it wasn't as snappy as endeavour, even if it's more gaming ready out of the box. Feel free to ask any more questions
Pretty impressive. Should give Nobara a spin
bro go with nixOS you will have stability of debian and bleeding edge software of arch.
you might see the whole config thing you will never need to touch it if you don't want to everything can be done with terminal also

give it it a try

ps; have been using it for 3 yr now
Done! Nobara is the weekend agenda

Debian doesn't give problems, but is boring.
Windows user here but sometimes use live ubuntu for troubleshooting stuff. How exactly is debian "boring" because I thought every linux version can be customized much more than any windows install by way of system themes/colours/wallpapers/widgets etc?

Windows user here but sometimes use live ubuntu for troubleshooting stuff. How exactly is debian "boring" because I thought every linux version can be customized much more than any windows install by way of system themes/colours/wallpapers/widgets etc?
You are right my friend. It can be customized as per your wish. Not really a bad thing to be "stable" as debian is- it is just that the packages are a bit dated. For example- nvidia 535 is installed by default for my 2050 graphics card, while on Arch/EndeavourOS I get 560. Other side of argument is that with newer packages, you get vulnerabilities.

PS- using Endeavour OS as of now.

Back