English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Party Monger said:
Im going to watch it again in a few minutes..:)

I've been playing back the clip after Derek tells John he could "become famous", the part when "Cameron" walks into view and pets the dog... music is very nice in this part too :D

Dude Vishal, :mad: :mad: :mad: use the spoiler tags when you are posting spoilers!! Thank god I stopped when you said I liked....

vishalrao said:
I've been playing back the clip after Derek tells John he could "become famous", the part when "Cameron" walks into view and pets the dog... music is very nice in this part too :D

That music is in my mind since i first watched the ep..i've watched that particular scene soo many times that i've lost count..
Really really loved that part and the music there..Looking at summer glau and johns expressions really clicked somewhere in me heart..most awesome episode i've ever watched..anything and everything is miles behind..

First the drama of seeing derek back again, then at his own father, eyes wet, and then the music builds up soo high at summer glau moment, all this in a matter of one golden minute..
Its heart breaking to know that the show wont come back..:(

Party Monger said:
Its heart breaking to know that the show wont come back..:(

same here :mad: I hope some other channel pick's up the series.

For some reason i have a very strong feeling that this show is coming back, provided the movie is a big hit...the next season wil be around the time where the movie, if a big hit, will be at the peak of its fandom, and hence the best time to cash in on it..

Seeing the number of loose ends and a very big story leap, an immature end seems improbably..

I've read around too, except for the article which Spindoctor quoted, all else are just quoting the viewer ship data..

Fox will be better off giving this another chance than building a new series from ground up..

Just finished watching Serenity. It was cool that they actually concluded the series but the
reavers as experiment gone wrong story sort of sucked. Also would have been nice for a couple more members from the crew to be killed off at the end; esp. the mechanic girl.

Got TSCC on my comp but never felt the urge to check it out... mainly coz the action seemed to be pretty crappy when I forwarded through a couple of eps. Sort of reminded me of Last Train miniseries which was kinda ok.

I highly recommend some good pre 90's sitcom. Very entertaining and some fresh material for you to enjoy.

First I would suggest
Family Ties - *ing Michael J Fox. This was the show that put him on the road to sucess.
Whos the Boss - One of the best shows to keep the audiences hooked to the romance angle between the lead stars.

Party Monger said:
For some reason i have a very strong feeling that this show is coming back, provided the movie is a big hit...the next season wil be around the time where the movie, if a big hit, will be at the peak of its fandom, and hence the best time to cash in on it..

Seeing the number of loose ends and a very big story leap, an immature end seems improbably..

I've read around too, except for the article which Spindoctor quoted, all else are just quoting the viewer ship data..

Fox will be better off giving this another chance than building a new series from ground up..

the reason there is no official confirmation of cancellation is because the show was still running. announcing beforehand that the show was cancelled would have killed the ratings for the last few episodes.

another similar example is the tnt show called trust me which just got cancelled after it's first season. even back in early march it was a known fact that the show was doing very poorly. the lead actor signed on with another show and tnt even started showing 2 episodes per night every week. everyone knew it was getting cancelled but official word only came a few days ago, about 10 days after the last episodes had aired.

i've also heard that terminator salvation might renew interest in the franchise and the show might hang on because of it, but there is enough proof that fox has canned it at this point. if tscc were to come back for season 3 now, it would have to be one of those miracle resurrections like the one jericho or american dad got.

SharekhaN said:
I highly recommend some good pre 90's sitcom. Very entertaining and some fresh material for you to enjoy.

Have you good folks seen Threes Company (1977) ? I loved watching this as a kid :D

edit: "Mind Your Language" I guess had already been mentioned and is/was showing on Zee Cafe recently...

Party Monger said:
That music is in my mind since i first watched the ep..i've watched that particular scene soo many times that i've lost count..

Yea, it was a bittersweet kind of moment:

Good acting too, the first flash of joy on John's face when Summer Glau walks into view followed by the realisation that this isnt Cameron rather Allision who also gives a look of non-recognition... touching

It's funny/silly... the series was actually pretty ordinary when I first checked it out... don't know how/why you get drawn into the storyline :)

vishalrao said:
Yea, it was a bittersweet kind of moment:

Good acting too, the first flash of joy on John's face when Summer Glau walks into view followed by the realisation that this isnt Cameron rather Allision who also gives a look of non-recognition... touching

It's funny/silly... the series was actually pretty ordinary when I first checked it out... don't know how/why you get drawn into the storyline :)

Totally agree to that,, the realization, and how the music flew with it was awesome..
Tell me abt it, at ep19 it was boring the shit out of me, last few episode were awesome..

Guys do try,

Better Off Ted - A 20 min new comedy.. I found it little different, lets say quirky. Science is used as premise so chances are Big Bang fans might enjoy, Watched first 3 eps, liked it...

My newest recommendation - I liked it very much.

"Castle" - has that firefly guy. Very nice Humour/Mystery!

^^ no Everybody Hates Chris, eh?

SharekhaN said:
My newest recommendation - I liked it very much.

"Castle" - has that firefly guy. Very nice Humour/Mystery!

The Unusuals seem to be better.

Don't forget Chuck, its just one of the most unique and fun shows ever made.I'm absolutely hooked on to it.

Jasku said:
how are they ??..worth dlaoding? with a 9 rating on imdb mus be worth it...well actually 30 rock..also had a very high rating on imdb, somehow it dint impress with the first couple episodes...have the entire season...just seen the first 2!!
Coupling is pretty good , havent still watched The IT Crowd

F|0ccY said:
Don't forget Chuck, its just one of the most unique and fun shows ever made.I'm absolutely hooked on to it.
Yeah it's getting interesting now since Orion's identity has been revealed. :)

chiron said:
^^ no Everybody Hates Chris, eh?

The Unusuals seem to be better.

I saw the first ep of Unusuals few days back, Didn't click that much with me. Though acting of couple of guys was good but overall story had only weak moments of humour and drama. And plot wasn't much entertaining either..

Back