English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Chuck is actually getting brilliant now, love the lead actor's acting. Orion is the same guy who played captain in the last Star trek franchisee....

Aces170 said:
Chuck is actually getting brilliant now, love the lead actor's acting. Orion is the same guy who played captain in the last Star trek franchisee....

Ironically, the show MAY not be renewed for a new season.But I've sent like 50 mails to NBC telling them that Chuck is the best show on TV right now.

Honestly, season 2 was badly effected due to its timing.During the first 7 episodes, Chuck was airing along side Dancing with the stars which is the most viewed show in the U.S.That badly affected the viewing numbers, but immediately after the show was done, viewers for Chuck jumped to over 9 mill for around 3 episodes, before the show was again canceled for a week due to Obama's speech and then AGAIN when DWTS returned for its next season.That really really affected the viewing numbers then.

The show really really deserves a 3rd season, there is so much more the show is capable of.

Another good new show on the block, absolutely hilarious - Krod Mandoom and the flaming sword of fire - on comedy central. Two episodes out right now. Brought back memories of Monty Python and the Holy Grail :D

So, should I start watching Chuck from in between? When does it start to get good? I was somewhat indifferent to the first season eps. that came on axn last year.

^ Chuck can only be watched by those who adore Yvonne Strahovski :p

I have watched the show in fits, and honestly it isn't anything great. The story drags, and the lead pair keep breaking up and oohing and aahing for each other. For a comedy - action thriller, there is too much too much angst in my opinion. But the upside - you get to see Yvonne in different lovely costumes or without them :p

mallik said:
Another good new show on the block, absolutely hilarious - Krod Mandoom and the flaming sword of fire - on comedy central. Two episodes out right now. Brought back memories of Monty Python and the Holy Grail :D

true :) that is some good stuff :)

chiron said:
So, should I start watching Chuck from in between? When does it start to get good? I was somewhat indifferent to the first season eps. that came on axn last year.
You won't connect with the storyline if you don't watch it from the first episode.

i like chuck as well but lets face it, it's really only for yvonne. the show doesn't have a lot of merit otherwise and i'm not surprised that it's up for cancellation.

another new show that started up last week is harper's island. the kind of promotion this has been getting in the states is ridiculous... basically, there's an island off the coast of seattle i believe where there were a number of murders a few years ago by a serial killer (who was killed subsequently). now there's a marriage party which is returning to the island for a wedding and the murders start up again. the characters on the show are fairly cliched - rich girl marrying poor boy, disapproving father, a girl who left the island all those years ago returning for the first time etc. the thrills are from the 'i know what you did last summer/scream movies' school of horror. the drama is hindi movie style :p. it has high production values and it shows... really expensive production, lovely camera work (especially of the island itself). actors are unknown but there's a lot of eye candy ;). it's a 13 episode uninterrupted season... check it out if you're interested.

Am i the only one who likes Chuck's sis too? Man she is hot....

And how can you guys discuss Chuck without mentioned Buy More, Morgon & Co! Love their antics too!

To me, chuck has been more exiting and interesting than heroes the entire season.

I would have liked another episode with his Dad still staying with them. Can't wait to see what happens to Orion now. If he is not killed and rather saved, they can't let him fade into obscurity nor would him working with the government make much sense.

^I just adore Sarah Lancaster. She is super cute. But let's face it, Yvonne is HAWT! :p

Watched latest ep of 24..

As usual with their theme, Everything that can go wrong goes wrong :bleh:

Though, Elisha Cuthbert (the only cute blond :clap: ) made a brief appearance...

47Shailesh said:
today 17-Apr-09 9:00PM EDT FOX to broadcast,
Prison Break Season 4 ep 17 "The Mother Lode"
:hap2:

i dint know that the timings were changed for the last 6 eps of pb

stormblast said:
i dint know that the timings were changed for the last 6 eps of pb

the time change is only for this week because they will be showing 2 back to back episodes. next week onwards it's back to the old time.

Back