English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

log 1 = 0 said:
Although tastes may vary,

TSCC beats chuck anyday..

Obviously you have horrible tastes.

Party Monger said:
Trash? hello? The last episode of TSCC was up there with the best..It was one of the best episodes ever aired..Many of us here hav watched it many a times:mad:

Oh please, it was as if the writers got a day's notice about it being the series finale and desperately tried to wrap up every sub plot which was ridiculously dragged on and on and on and most some of them didn't even make sense.

Party Monger said:
Trash? hello? The last episode of TSCC was up there with the best..It was one of the best episodes ever aired..Many of us here hav watched it many a times:mad:

We are talking about series here, not a single episode. Everyone knows your love for the TSCC Finale, but it needs to be viewed alongwith the entire 2 seasons.
Complete season wise, Chuck was been awesome, too much of fun.

log 1 = 0 said:
Surely better than yours..

How is TSCC ANYDAY better than Chuck?

Ever since the first season got over, there has been serious doubts that it would have a 2nd season.In the 2nd season the writers tried too hard to branch out on different subplots for the show, but couldn't keep it consistent enough for the viewers to understand what the hell was going on.I'm a huge Terminator fan and I would honestly be the last one to say that a TV show dedicated to my all time favorite movie was abysmal.

Chuck is by far the most popular NBC show, its one of the most viewed shows on Hulu and NBC.com, its nothing like you've ever seen before in any tv series and its the first show in history to have an episode completely shot in 3d.

F|0ccY said:
Obviously you have horrible tastes.

IGN: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 2 Review

9.2/10

Perhaps you need to be more open minded instead of going after peoples tastes..

Whatever the writers did, i wasnt predicting the story or trying to become a writer myself, but it was fun and nowhere near as bad as you make it sound..

Hell it was awesome most of the time except 2 eps in the middle..

And just for your info, they've wrapped up nothing..infact they've laid solid ground for the next season..

alsiladka said:
We are talking about series here, not a single episode. Everyone knows your love for the TSCC Finale, but it needs to be viewed alongwith the entire 2 seasons.
Complete season wise, Chuck was been awesome, too much of fun.

Have you seen TSCC? I know your love for Chuck too but notice i didnt comment on it..Next time speak when you've seen it and not just for the sake of promoting your new found fav serial..:mad:

I just find Chuck totally childish and nonsensical without being funny. Its totally a different conversation if you like it for that sole reason.

Well you might be loving it for actress (even shes average at best) and as its shot in 3d and all...But those criteria don't matter much to me. So even though story line of TSCC was crap, I find it better than Chuck.

I didn't say TSCC is the best show this year. Its deteriorated no doubt but still given the choice i would prefer it over Chuck. Infact I wouldn't watch it at all. Looks and acting wise I don't like the main actor chuck, not even his gf. Hence my statement...

Anyone here who has not watched 'The Wire' is missing out on what is arguably THE BEST SHOW on TV. EVER.

I just finished with the season finale for the 5th season which was also unfortunately, the series finale :|

In terms of character development and how deeply the story absorbs the viewer into it, there cannot have been a better series than this.

I just find Chuck totally childish and nonsensical without being funny. Its totally a different conversation if you like it for that sole reason.

Well you might be loving it for actress (even shes average at best) and as its shot in 3d and all...But those criteria don't matter much to me. So even though story line of TSCC was crap, I find it better than Chuck.

I didn't say TSCC is the best show this year. Its deteriorated no doubt but still given the choice i would prefer it over Chuck. Infact I wouldn't watch it at all. Looks and acting wise I don't like the main actor chuck, not even his gf. Hence my statement...

Nah, I prefer Chuck too over TSCC. TSCC seemed very corny to me, Sarah Connor trying to play a tough as nut mom, giving absolutely trash dialogues.

Chuck you might find a lil childish, but its much more fun. Besides the acting quality, and production values are way better then TSCC. Basically Sarah Connor turned me off from TSCC, her acting is pathetic, dialogue delivery is worse, and the whole world is doomed story is presented in an extremely corny manner (a similar theme (world is doomed) is presented in Battlestar galactica and they have done a brilliant job out of it.).

The current shows which I really enjoy are:

1. Chuck

2. Reaper

3. Scrubs

4. TBBT

5. HIMYM.. (provided Barney gets more then 10 mins screen time).

stalker said:
Anyone here who has not watched 'The Wire' is missing out on what is arguably THE BEST SHOW on TV. EVER.

I just finished with the season finale for the 5th season which was also unfortunately, the series finale :|

In terms of character development and how deeply the story absorbs the viewer into it, there cannot have been a better series than this.
wow , 9.7 rating on IMDb , should check it out

Just completed the 20th Episode of The Big Bang Theory. Friggin' hilarious. Thankfully, this show has been very consistent with it's humour. I couldn't find a single dull moment in any episode. ;)

No Sopranos fan here? Sopranos is argubally the best drama TV series ever. You should especially check it out if you like crime/mafia movies like "The Godfather".

Bluffmaster said:
No Sopranos fan here? Sopranos is argubally the best drama TV series ever. You should especially check it out if you like crime/mafia movies like "The Godfather".

Definitely..

Sopranos, Oz, Wire, Six Feet Under are some of the best series :D

There was another gritty drama, that i cannot recall write now :S
But as expected even it was from either HBO or Showtime.

Btw I started d/ldin 'I Dream of Jeannie' from its very 1st episode.. Any fans ? :bleh:

^^
Watched the 1st season a month back...

I'd say its not bad, one time watch.. May be because I enjoy Historical drama with old English accent and attire and all..

Acting is decent.. Try out 1st 2-3 eps and see if it clicks..

Hey guys,

I just downloaded Battlestar Galactica Season 1 and when i started the 1st episode, it said previously on Battlestar :S

Is this actually a continuation of some other series? If yes, will I be able to follow the series without watching the other seasons.

You need to watch the battlestar galactica, mini series first. I was confused too. You an google it, its out there.

Back