English TV series discussion

Any more suggestions in Mystery / Thriller ? [I don't want horror / fantasy / vampire stuff ]

There's one more I can remember from a while back. It's called Harper's Island. Just lasted one season, but was pretty decent in my opinion. Also try Person's Unknown.

Been quite busy watching my collection :head2:. Time for a small update:

- Finished Nip/Tuck all 6 Seasons: Really nice masala type show. Quite thought-provoking in some episodes. Amazing acting from the 2 leads.

- Dexter S7: Much better than S6. Slightly better than S5. This show has definitely improved.

I really thought that after Isaac's death the season was over, but boy was I wrong. Really nice twists towards the end

- Started with S1 of Monk - Really nice quirky detective series. Wanted something light after Dexter and Nip/Tuck

@TheIndian
I found it quite good. Not the most historically accurate depiction but it's definitely worth a watch. Production values are fantastic. Go ahead with it !

Last edited by a moderator:
TheIndian
I found it quite good. Not the most historically accurate depiction but it's definitely worth a watch. Production values are fantastic. Go ahead with it !

I have seen it, more than once. The suggestion was for others to see something different from the usual. As doe historical accuracy it does throw up some interesting ideas :D

Has anyone seen Rome?

One of my favorite series, right up with Generation Kill. Gets more amazing with every rewatch. Awesome acting, specially by the leading characters. Fantastic acting, fantastic sets, fantastic cinematography.
Oh, and Titus Pulo was the boss ! :hail:

Edit: Removed spoilers, because the spoiler tags don't work. :|

Dexter's final part-season returns this summer! A new series from Homeland debuts the same time - Ray Donovan starring Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth/Victor Creed from X:Men Origins: Wolverine), Jon Voight and Paula Malcomson.

In other news, Homeland wins the Golden Globes for best drama, best actor (Damien Lewis) and best actress (Claire Danes) wining 3 out of the 4 categories in which the series was nominated. :eek:hyeah:

Argo wins the best picture (drama), Les Misérables for best picture (musical/comedy), DDL for best actor - drama (Lincoln), Jessica Chastain for best actress - drama (Zero Dark Thirty). More on the wiki link here - 70th Golden Globe Awards - Wiki

Again? It was 2 episodes before that, that there was a 3 weeks gap.

Yeah but that was the usual christmas break...
dunno why this break is for...
any way not bothered...since i reached till ep5...
and yet to start with this season mentalist,castle,walking dead
will take atleast a month for me anyway

too many backlogs left to cover...
tv shows, movies, gaming...
and too less time :(

Back