English TV series discussion

Jekyll and Hyde is good.

Billions pilot was pretty decent. Download, dont watch it on TV, you might miss the first scene.

The Shannara Chronicles is pretty good too. Except its an MTV show, so emo ripped youngsters. But the premise seems nice enough. The graphics are pretty good. Its a bit similar to Lord of the Rings.

Making a Murder - Documentary cum show by Netflix. Just mad stuff. The style is completely documentary style and based on a real story of a guy falsely accused and sent to jail for a sex crime for 32 years. And release after 16 when evidence is found to the contrary.

The Magicians - The pilot was okay till it reaches the end. Then it becomes I-N-S-A-N-E.

Galavant - You'll love it or you'll hate it. I love it. Its ridiculously light. Most awesome show intro ever. (this and True Blood)

Last edited:
Done with Fargo S1. Gave goosebumps few times :)

Is there any watchable Sherlock style "detective" series, besides Elementary & Castle?

Not many at the moment. Have you tried watching any of the classics?

Agatha Christie's Poirot
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

There's 2013's Endeavour too. A prequel to a old tv series (Inspector Morse) but stands well on its own.

There are some European series in the vein of Fargo too.
The Killing
Broadchurch
Wallander

The Magicians - The pilot was okay till it reaches the end. Then it becomes I-N-S-A-N-E.

Galavant - You'll love it or you'll hate it. I love it. Its ridiculously light. Most awesome show intro ever. (this and True Blood)

Not yet decided on The Magicians. It seems too much like Harry Potter but the books seem to have got some acclaim so I'll watch a few more episodes to see where it goes.

I would have enjoyed a series with a light hearted middle-age setting Galavant a lot if not for the singing. The 10th Kingdom is probably the only thing that matches that description.

Anyone watches Orange Is The New Black? That show I felt is quite amazing and there are a lot of problems the show creators address in a funny and amusing light. I thought it was one of the best shows around. You can find it on Netflix. Happy Watching!

Finally got done with HoC s4 and I have to say it was brilliant, relentless and gripping from start to finish, best season of the show so far, tv drama at its very best.

@swatkats Lol how could you jump to conclusions like that w/o watching the season beforehand ? S5 can't come any sooner after that ending.
Also I don't recall seeing any OP phones at all but damn were Samsung phones everywhere, guess they paid more for product placement.
I'm more interested in seeing what videogames they show him playing each season, First season he was excited to see the psp and played CoD a lot, then it was Monument Valley and Stanley Parable and this time it was Agar.io, he's become a casual gamer lol

Back