English TV series discussion

ggt said:
ya i think the end to the series i gonna be a lot boring by your standards :p

no...there will surely be a cliffhanger...towards the end..

so i think it might get interesting in the last 3 episodes

^That is why I said its "my opinion". :p But seriously, the masala shows/movies definitely have a place in my library but I still feel that genuinely good shows/movies should be appreciated even if they do not receive commercial success. Most people after getting accustomed to watching tons and tons of crap which hollywood/bollywood churns out every now and then develop a certain taste and tend to avoid watching anything which falls under an unfamiliar territory. Unless such people start experimenting by watching the really good stuff, they will never know what they are missing out on.

Bluffmaster said:
...genuinely good shows/movies should be appreciated even if they do not receive commercial success....

I was damn sure i was gonna receive flak from bluffmaster :p

anti-masala movies(cinema) are ok.....but tv shows should be entertaining ...rather than some piece of art stuff

btw i never said it is bad...its just getting boring...they are turning it into a family drama...

who wants to see walt's wife whoring around(beneke and stuff)...show us some cartel action instead

Bluffmaster said:
People who consider Breaking Bad "boring" have absolutely no taste for a good TV show. (My opinion)

Well what can one do? Some people are just so used to watching generic stuff like socially awkward but genius doctor/detective/killer/scientist/person/blah blah blah or a person acting unbelievably stupid that they have forgotten the taste of the good stuff.

Breaking bad has an amazing plot. The acting is the better than anything else on TV. Production Values are extremely high. Cinematography gives you feel for the tension as it builds up. Characters are believable and the technical aspect of things( the chemistry) is spot on.

I believe for the past three years it's been repeatedly bagging various critcs choice awards.

Guys... can someone suggest me a TV serial to start with... i almost exhausted with my complete collection...

To give a rough idea abt my taste, here are the TV serials i watch/watched

Friends, HIMYM, House, Heroes, Prison break, Arrested Development, Supernatural, Misfits, Bigbangtheory, castle and Fringe

Started with seinfield recently, but felt it boring... TIA

Back