English TV series discussion

Done with Seinfeld. This was definitely a very long comedic ride. I loathe the series finale episode. That wasn't how I thought it would end. However, over-all, I feel the show was really good, not 9 rating worthy, but definitely good comedy. It's a pity that the start wasn't strong, which definitely helps reel in newer audience, but for people willing to invest their time for a bit longer, it keeps getting better with every season. Though George was initially my favourite character, he soon got outclassed by Kramer. He was consistent with his style and always managed to make you laugh, no matter what the situation. It's hard to find a good woman who delivers on comedy, but Elaine pulled through brilliantly. Which leaves us with Jerry, well, I still don't find him to be a natural. Most of his expressions are overly exaggerated and end up feeling fake at times. But as a group, they do so well together. I'd definitely recommend the show.

Also, completed the second season of Orphan Black. A little messy compared to the first one and the story seems to be heading in the "wtf is going on?" territory. The first one ended on a very high note. Most of the episodes in this season, unfortunately weren't up to the mark. But one thing remains constant; Tatiana Maslany's remarkable acting. I can't imagine an actress having to go through so many different roles on one show and with such impeccable performance. It's insane. Would like to see how season 3 turns out.

Got the first season of Two and a Half Men for my office travel viewing and plan to complete Black Sails next week.

Did binge watching of "under the dome" this weekend. After 4-5 eps the series tears apart and goes into downhill. It would have been better if the creators had sticked to their original plan of keeping it as a minigseries of 13 eps.
Good concept of stephen king again goes to waste.

Finished Party Down , awesome show. Lizzy Caplan just made the Top 3 of my Celeb Crush list.

Funny and unafraid to be edgy when needed. The cast really sells the show, and guest actors for each episode are just a treat.

Much like the catering service, Party Down the show seems like a halfway house for actors who didn't quite make it big so needed a filler show their careers.

The gives-no-****s amoral attitude reminds you of Its Always Sunny .. but more laid back. There is a lot of pop culture referencing something I recommend for my fellow Community fans. A must watch.

Its got only two seasons, so the story keeps fresh.

Last edited:
Done with Seinfeld. This was definitely a very long comedic ride. I loathe the series finale episode. That wasn't how I thought it would end. However, over-all, I feel the show was really good, not 9 rating worthy, but definitely good comedy. It's a pity that the start wasn't strong, which definitely helps reel in newer audience, but for people willing to invest their time for a bit longer, it keeps getting better with every season. Though George was initially my favourite character, he soon got outclassed by Kramer. He was consistent with his style and always managed to make you laugh, no matter what the situation. It's hard to find a good woman who delivers on comedy, but Elaine pulled through brilliantly. Which leaves us with Jerry, well, I still don't find him to be a natural. Most of his expressions are overly exaggerated and end up feeling fake at times. But as a group, they do so well together. I'd definitely recommend the show.

Also, completed the second season of Orphan Black. A little messy compared to the first one and the story seems to be heading in the "wtf is going on?" territory. The first one ended on a very high note. Most of the episodes in this season, unfortunately weren't up to the mark. But one thing remains constant; Tatiana Maslany's remarkable acting. I can't imagine an actress having to go through so many different roles on one show and with such impeccable performance. It's insane. Would like to see how season 3 turns out.

Got the first season of Two and a Half Men for my office travel viewing and plan to complete Black Sails next week.
You are absolutely right. Elaine and Kramer are the best. I felt Elaine was too good. Also I felt the same about Jerry. He may be good in Standup Comedy, but not good in acting. Also I liked the small Standup acts of Jerry in the beginning and end of the shows in the initial seasons. I think they removed in the later seasons.

I finished Season 1 of hannibal and overall, i am not too impressed with this series

It just baffles me how Will is able to have hunches all the time as not only as to how the killer did it , but why he did, what were his motivations. Most of the stuff is not explained. Even the most important revelation when he finds out that Hannibal is the killer, in that scene also he just babbles one of us killed abigail. What the ! . Is he some ultra intuitive being or what . Mads mikkelsen is very impressive though. Lets see what season 2 holds. This incredulity is one of the reasons i gave up Fringe as well. Too much suspension of disbelief

Its called a Plot -- a basic unchanging premise on which any show progresses. For a psychological thriller that deals with the twisted psychosis of violent & intelligent serial killers, you need an equally incredulous protagonist. Yes -- Will Graham is ultra-intuitive because he can empathize with the most violent minds and yes for the sake of the 1 hr run time the process is sped up and dramatized through some brilliant cinematography & sound.

You will come to know in Season 2 how the mental condition of Will Graham deteriorated to the point of a collapse, Season 2 exapnds on the overall story and in better infact.

+1.Now skeptical to continue S02.
I finished Season 1 of hannibal and overall, i am not too impressed with this series

It just baffles me how Will is able to have hunches all the time as not only as to how the killer did it , but why he did, what were his motivations. Most of the stuff is not explained. Even the most important revelation when he finds out that Hannibal is the killer, in that scene also he just babbles one of us killed abigail. What the ! . Is he some ultra intuitive being or what . Mads mikkelsen is very impressive though. Lets see what season 2 holds. This incredulity is one of the reasons i gave up Fringe as well. Too much suspension of disbelief

Even though Hannibal S02 wasn't that great, but still its no disappointment. If I were to rate S01 8/10, I would S02 7/10.

Completed Firefly, and i totally get why it is so beloved. It basically is like Justified in space back when there were extremely few dramas that could straddle comedy-adventure without going overly camp.

Annnd now I want to see some banter between Raylan and Boyd as they await a horde of Reavers.

Also completed 'The Office" (UK) and "The Extras", excellent stuff, David brent is much more cringey than Michael Scott. And Stephen Merchants bits in both shows are brilliant.

Completed Firefly, and i totally get why it is so beloved. It basically is like Justified in space back when there were extremely few dramas that could straddle comedy-adventure without going overly camp.

Annnd now I want to see some banter between Raylan and Boyd as they await a horde of Reavers.

Also completed 'The Office" (UK) and "The Extras", excellent stuff, David brent is much more cringey than Michael Scott. And Stephen Merchants bits in both shows are brilliant.

Some episodes of extras were brilliant. I laughed so hard at the Daniel Radcliffe episode and the one with the down's syndrome kid :D . Again another example why british are so better at humour than stereotypical american humour

Back