English TV series discussion

There's barely anything worth watching unlike the old days, my tv calendar is empty right upto the final season premiere of Boardwalk Empire.
None of these newer and ongoing shows are appealing if you've followed these networks for the last decade or so, they are gonna end up like CN, MTV and Nick quality wise at this rate.

I finished Louie season 1 and some parts are absolutely hilarious. Best description ive read regarding louie c.k. is "brutally honest humour". It might be offensive to some, but the guy's a great standup comedian and his acting bits are pretty good as well.

That's the problem, pretty much seen everything that i've found interesting. The same thing has happened to anime as well.
I'm going through these plot synopses to grab a few pilot episodes but nothing interesting so far.

Ok what Genre you like and what have you seen in that genre ? We can may be suggest. Also if it is not a big task, please list down all the TV series you have seen. You never know you may have missed some gems. List also the ones you started and then stopped because of whatever reason.
In many cases season 1 is bad but the show is awesome after that. Couple of examples for that are The Office US and Parks & Rec.

The danish one. Not seen the english version. Saga Noren is on the level of Sarah Connor (from T2 that is) when it comes to badass female characters though.
Saga is a total badass!

Anyways I just completed the season 1 and I say its amazing. Really good. I did not like English version though. This is really good if you are looking for Crime/Drama/Thriller. I give 9/10 for season 1.

Saga is a total badass!

Anyways I just completed the season 1 and I say its amazing. Really good. I did not like English version though. This is really good if you are looking for Crime/Drama/Thriller. I give 9/10 for season 1.
Which Serial you guys are talking about ?

Ok what Genre you like and what have you seen in that genre ? We can may be suggest. Also if it is not a big task, please list down all the TV series you have seen. You never know you may have missed some gems. List also the ones you started and then stopped because of whatever reason.
In many cases season 1 is bad but the show is awesome after that. Couple of examples for that are The Office US and Parks & Rec.

Thanks for the help but like i said a decade's worth of tv shows is a lot to list here. If you are on tvtorrents.ro i've seen everything that has a rating above 3.5 stars in the 'recommend' list.
In the newer shows i've only liked Rick & Morty and Brooklyn-nine-nine. A friend recommended Blacklist, Da Vinci's demons, Orphan Black and Penny Dreadful but he said that Blacklist got repetitive too fast.
Penny Dreadful pretty much sounds like Victorian version of Supernatural. Not really intrigued by Da Vinci's plot but i might check out Orphan Black.
Also gave up on The Americans last year after the pilot since it came across as too corny.
I've seen the movie Fargo so not gonna bother with the show. Vikings had potential but got dull towards the end of season 1 so i never bothered with season 2, is it worth watching ?
Atm i'm grabbing Silicon Valley since i'm a fan of Mike Judge's work.
I remember the good times watching the pilots of Lost/BB/GoT/Dexter the next day after it aired w/o any recommendation or promos and being blown away. Those were the days when tv.com was the best site to check for such shows and eztv.it was the place to download em.

Done with The Walking Dead's season 4. Things were good up until episode 8 and then it all went haywire. It seemed like they needed some (read: a lot) of filler episodes to plug the gap till they reached the final one, which was again a let down. There were some good moments, but over-all it just lost focus and direction. Really disappointed.

Also completed Seinfeld's season 8 and halfway through season 9. Season 8 is now my most favourite one. The very first episode itself was fantastic. Kramer and his "Karate" pronunciation is now just stuck with me. Then the rooster episode, Elaine's bizarre dance moves and the Yada Yada episode; loved them all.

Will start Orphan Black's second season this weekend.

Started with Season 4 of Castle. Watching English TV series is kind of slow now as at home I have started watching older Hindi comedy shows on youtube.

Also completed Seinfeld's season 8 and halfway through season 9. Season 8 is now my most favourite one. The very first episode itself was fantastic. Kramer and his "Karate" pronunciation is now just stuck with me. Then the rooster episode, Elaine's bizarre dance moves and the Yada Yada episode; loved them all.

You will celebrate festivus soon enough. :D

Pilot of Constantine has leaked.

With Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (it has improved a little bit), Constantine, The Flash and Marvel's upcoming shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Hulk, Luke Cage, Ironfist, The Defenders), that is a lot of Superhero TV .

Flash's first EP was okay. A bit predictable.[DOUBLEPOST=1404130690][/DOUBLEPOST]Penny Dreadful is insanely awesome now. Love it. That scene when her mother comes in her room. Absolute insanity. :D

Halt and catch fire is going good.

Salem is meh. Witches that are lame, Hero with long hair and idiotic role.

Back