English TV series discussion

i like them coz they provide decent 480p quality on a very reasonable size, the source they use are generally 720p , clearly mentioned on their nfo

My point was the scene groups do the real work, these guys just lazily re-encode and upload.
Also, those scene groups don't just do 720p, a standard def rip follows shortly (and yes they can be found on public trackers) but yea you can still save a few MB's more grabbing 480 off p2p due to the lower bitrate.

yeah, they work hard, spend a lot of time in downloading, encoding and give away for free. they should be given due credit

Definitely not hard work, 2 mins to download and 1 min to upload and not like you have to monitor while it's encoding.
Trust me i knw a few guys in the warez scene, and here we are getting FUP'ed every month.

That may be fine, but its not right to just dismiss their work as "lazy". They never claim to do lofty work. There is a certain amount of effort involved and for that, i am sure many are thankful.

i like them coz they provide decent 480p quality on a very reasonable size, the source they use are generally 720p , clearly mentioned on their nfo
glory be to them coz they save me a ton of space,are often peered and they download easily on my 1MBPS plan :)
and also coz of the fact that there aren't any 480p TV scene rips available on Public trackers....

And Lets not start on axxo/yify controversy again!!

Try HEVC rips then x265
720p in 150mb - 42 min

U mean the Psa ones right? Those are 10 bit encodings, wont play on Mxplayer :(

Nah, not that big. I usually download 1080p mkvs which are usually in the range of 1.5-2GB.
These days I watch on my 51" Plasma and frankly I can't see a difference between 720p and 1080p on a screen that size due to the viewing distance. I can, however, see the difference when watching on my laptop.
For GoT, I have those 5.5GB 1080i episodes and even for Top Gear I have the same quality rips, though around 3.5-4GB each.

Nah, not that big. I usually download 1080p mkvs which are usually in the range of 1.5-2GB.
These days I watch on my 51" Plasma and frankly I can't see a difference between 720p and 1080p on a screen that size due to the viewing distance. I can, however, see the difference when watching on my laptop.
For GoT, I have those 5.5GB 1080i episodes and even for Top Gear I have the same quality rips, though around 3.5-4GB each.
Which plasma exactly? I thought there weren't any (or rather many) hardware which can play h265

I use my laptop connected to my Plasma. Sorry for confusing you. Also I don't have h265 files, just the regular mkvs. Most of my files are 1080p Web-DL.
oh ok. In any case, I too tried some h264 coded files last year (series called Grimm) on my LG LED. Frankly it looked gorgeous with its color reproudction compared to laptop (it has native 1388x768 resolution so not exactly hd). But nowadays its completely hogged by family members for their serial viewing.

oh ok. In any case, I too tried some h264 coded files last year (series called Grimm) on my LG LED. Frankly it looked gorgeous with its color reproudction compared to laptop (it has native 1388x768 resolution so not exactly hd). But nowadays its completely hogged by family members for their serial viewing.

Haha. Same here mate. I rarely get to watch on my Plasma but thankfully my parents watch Star World a lot, so slowly I'll turn them onto watching downloaded shows than live TV. They are currently watching House and The Blacklist. I only get to watch on it on the weekends and then too I prefer live football than TV shows. This is one of the reasons I haven't really downloaded anything for a long time now. They don't let me use the Plasma that long and I am kinda adamant that after spending 75k I won't watch on my laptop.

Back