English TV series discussion

Not exactly English - but definitely worth a watch - with subs or dubs - Bordertown on Netflix! Finnish Noir series but with some excellent acting and decent plots!

I highly recommend it and I hope they do another season

Watched Avatar a long back. A 10/10 show for me.
Btw, is it available on any platform ? Or need to go the old way :p :D
Its on netflix USA but not in netflix india. quite irritating. you have go the high seas way
Post automatically merged:

Not exactly English - but definitely worth a watch - with subs or dubs - Bordertown on Netflix! Finnish Noir series but with some excellent acting and decent plots!

I loved the bordertown too! but theres no news of another season :(

I have spoken
Screenshot_20200902-214723.jpg

I like Bordertown, the main lead is exceptional

Only 3 episodes are out.Checked it out over the weekend.
Visually its stunning but I have a bad feeling that Ridley Scott will go into the meaning-of-life/religion wankshow like the Prometheus.

But how's the story? This seems to be pretty extreme sci-fi. It's very rare for something this high profile.

I too feel both Prometheus and covenant kinda lost touch with the feel of the originals, but hey I'll take whatever i can get.

I still enjoyed Covenant. Prometheus was a shit show. Learned scientists doing shit like the ones shown - I know we are watching a scifi movie, but that was unbelievable.

Hope this turns out better. Is it on any streaming platforms or high seas ?

Typical HBO Max 1080p shit.

HBO does such good shows, and such piss poor streaming. No 4k or HDR, which I believe will be included once it;s out on bluray.

Even GoT has only 2 seasons in 4k - 1st and last. SMH.
This is one of the many, many reasons i don't bother with streaming services, and especially in India. Ditto regular TV. Heck, if i bought a tv I'd be using it as a monitor with a (mini)-pc.

But how's the story? This seems to be pretty extreme sci-fi. It's very rare for something this high profile.

I too feel both Prometheus and covenant kinda lost touch with the feel of the originals, but hey I'll take whatever i can get.

actually somehow I like it for what it attempts to present on the question of creation of life and existence and possibility of life on other planets and essentially possibilities. just like we see today with the whole lost timeline on the Egyptian and Azetic eras and their understanding of nature, Gods, religion, afterlife, science, technology, math, precision astronomy etc! The alternate theory is quite ok actually to pursue and interesting in a way.

This is one of the many, many reasons i don't bother with streaming services, and especially in India. Ditto regular TV. Heck, if i bought a tv I'd be using it as a monitor with a (mini)-pc.
But HBO exclusive shows even on high seas have the same issue since they are ripped from the same shitty source - HBO.

So unless you can wait for months for them to be picked up elsewhere or bluray to come out, you are stuck.

Back