English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Bluffmaster said:
^Your post lost all credibility when you compared LOST with Heroes. Heroes has to be the most over-rated and over-hyped show there is, a show which changes its plot according to the TRP. From my experience, a casual TV viewer will probably dislike LOST because of its complexity but if you stick with it, its a highly rewarding show. And I don't think that LOST is even in the same genre as PB, Dexter or Heroes, IMO its much more then just another thriller show.

I agree with everything except the highly rewarding part. I'll eventually catch up on the series once some really tiny rips come out.

Bluffmaster said:
Tell me how many shows have you seen where come 5th season references are being made to season 1. How many shows have you watched where after watching the 5th season your total viewpoint of looking at the very first season will completely change. Thats the beauty of LOST and for that I really admire it.
i hate getting into the tired debate about the show but i will say that this is also the only show that introduces some new mystery, and instead of resolving it, will keep introducing them in the hope that the previous ones are forgotten. the beauty of this is, that if they actually do work in the resolution of some long forgotten question, fans jump all over it and say that it's brilliant writing. and if they don't, then it's just something you have to accept.

any explanations about the sentient smoke monster? or the island that disappears? these are unexplained and will remain unexplained even after the last season is over. you just have to accept them. and there must be more that i've simply forgotten.

call me old fashioned but leaving holes in the plot to be filled in by the fans themselves is not good story telling.

Bluffmaster said:
It took me atleast 5 sittings to complete the first episode of carnival. I never touched it after that, is it worth the effort? And what about Rome? Is it also slow or does it have some fast paced action?
Yeah ,CarNivale is kinda slow. :)
RoMe is not like that,it has some fast paced action .
It has Indira Verma as the Hero's wife ,its a good one ,start of with the 1st Episode ,see if u like it ?

Ny one watchin CaliForNicatioN ?

spindoctor said:
any explanations about the sentient smoke monster? or the island that disappears?

The smoke monster is supposed to guard the temple. We will know more about it in the next season. I don't think its been forgotten about. The hydrogen bomb in the season finale was kept in the temple, and the temple is connected with the smoke.

The island disappeared because it was moved back in time .

i read that the smoke monster would be important next season. yep, we've only waited 5 years to find out what this smoke monster is. i'd like to know how it's sentient.

and i know that the island moved back in time. i'm asking why? how does moving a small wooden wheel suddenly displace time itself? or is it just something i should accept?

i read sometime last season that the producers mentioned that not all questions will be answered by the end. which is just lovely. because it means you can keep on making up bullshit in the story when you don't actually have to explain anything. they had decided this before season 6 even went into production. they're about to pull of a bsg style finale in which they just leave things hanging.

one particular gem that came from the producers... they want their audience to think and agonize over what happens in the show. yep, they actually used the word agonize. what brilliant writers/storytellers they are.

damn i hate getting dragged into debates about this pos show :(

^You hate LOST, we love LOST, end of topic. What's the point in debating? You are trying to make sense out of a Supernatural/Sci-fi show that in itself is a pretty stupid thing to do. The genre is such that we do have to just accept some things the way they are. As far as the writers are concerned, one has to be a fool to not acknowledge their supreme talent. I only posted my views as a pointer to the people who are yet to watch LOST.

Are easy yaar, everyone has different tastes.. Now I liked Lost S1 and Heroes S1 and after that both the series sucked for me.. On the other hand, I am a die hard fan of Prison Break (All seasons)...

So doesn't matter... :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Seconded. Can't wait for it's next season to begin.

third that.. awesome show.. i was stunt with the graphic nudity while watching the pilot episode.. but it keeps the plot relatively engaging..

regards
neo

Bluffmaster said:
^You hate LOST, we love LOST, end of topic. What's the point in debating? You are trying to make sense out of a Supernatural/Sci-fi show that in itself is a pretty stupid thing to do. The genre is such that we do have to just accept some things the way they are. As far as the writers are concerned, one has to be a fool to not acknowledge their supreme talent. I only posted my views as a pointer to the people who are yet to watch LOST.

yea in 2 lines you called me stupid and a fool. this is why i hate debates about lost. eventually, logic gets thrown out of the window, and the personal insults start.

spindoctor said:
i read sometime last season that the producers mentioned that not all questions will be answered by the end. which is just lovely. because it means you can keep on making up bullshit in the story when you don't actually have to explain anything.

In this year's Comic Con which took place around a month back, the writers said that everything that "matters" would be answered. So I am assuming that the mysteries surrounding the important aspects of the story which completes the central plot will be answered.

recent ones worth watching -

Defying Gravity

Castle

Harper's Island

Royal Pains

Hung

Drop Dead Diva

10Things I hate about you

I am just finishing up on Southpark once again. this shit dosent get boring at all no matter how many times you see this.

You guys can also give "Moonlighting" a try. It has Bruce Willis in the lead.

Back