Car & Bike Enlivening an old dream..Yamaha RX135 !

Shakensoul

Skilled
I am planning to buy a used Yamaha RX100 as a backup ride to shuttle between my house and the pan wala :eek:hyeah: , wander around in my colony and for minor errands, I prefer using a bike more than a car for these small things , and plus I'm saving fuel and saving the world :bleh:

And yeah I'm looking only for a RX100, nothing else, it was a legend in its time:hap2: . So wanted to know from the bike gurus, what to look for in second hand bike and what to avoid , any tips would be helpful.

TIA.

Shakensoul said:
I am planning to buy a used Yamaha RX100 as a backup ride to shuttle between my house and the pan wala :eek:hyeah: , wander around in my colony and for minor errands, I prefer using a bike more than a car for these small things , and plus I'm saving fuel and saving the world :bleh:

And yeah I'm looking only for a RX100, nothing else, it was a legend in its time:hap2: . So wanted to know from the bike gurus, what to look for in second hand bike and what to avoid , any tips would be helpful.

TIA.

Shakensoul said:
Do you think I'm worried about FE :bleh:

contadiction???

rx100 is a good bike, one of the bikes in my fav's list...the only problem you may encounter is finding a bike in decent condition...these bikes are hard to find in good condition...most of them are good from outside only...i.e cosmetics

then why not the car?
bleh.gif

EDIT: Archish beat me to it...:)

Shakensoul said:

TIA.

RX100 as fuel saver.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Made my day! :clap:

~LT

hero puchs make such lovely noise :(

anyways he's buying seconds na...15K you'll get a splendor whicha brely moves :p

ask archish how much he's spending on his RX135 :p you'll swear you never buy those again :rofl:

What I meant by saving fuel was that, riding a bike rather than a car would save fuel, won't I ? :bleh:

And plus even if you have a car, I have felt the need of a 2-wheeler, hence my decision to go for a RX100.

And Hero Honda :no: , I'm not that type, i love the kick of the 2-stroke RX100 engine and the pickup, its like a motorcycle on steroids :jumpy:

I will be auditioning a rx100 today or tommorow, its a 1995 model, planning to completely nickel plate the rim, spokes, mudguard and all the metallic parts, make it look like new and restore the original and stock look :yahoo:

nickel plating? you see it rust and peel off just like all the TRUEs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i'd never buy a rebuilt bike :p most of the time, the painting and chroming happens to *hide* something :p like a bad accident or worn out parts.

Buy a RX135 between '98 and 00. RX100s have some voltage (6V and 12V) issues plus 135s give tad better mileage. more power too :p

SunnyBoi said:
nickel plating? you see it rust and peel off just like all the TRUEs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i'd never buy a rebuilt bike :p most of the time, the painting and chroming happens to *hide* something :p like a bad accident or worn out parts.

Buy a RX135 between '98 and 00. RX100s have some voltage (6V and 12V) issues plus 135s give tad better mileage. more power too :p

Yup get a 135 much much better.

~LT

i never understood why the rx100 was so popular - maybe coz of high reliability and cheap maintainance a la maruti 800 or something? back in college (around 1996-8) the suzuki shogun (110cc 14 bhp of free revving goodness with tacho) was the hotness for me :) loved the engine/exhaust note as well...

The RX series were definitely the best bikes from Yamaha in India. They do not have a good fuel efficiency though. I know as I have a RX 100 and a RX 135 (5 -speed) :p

Planning to re-build my bikes soon, might need some tips. They haven't been used since long :(

biosbhai has a modded ZMA and a swift D@ his house . He drives the Swift usually mostly because its cheaper :lol:

PS: dont buy the RXG. aint as good as the 100/135

Why the RX 100? damn straight acceleration,which even today's 150 cc rides cant match, rideablity, and that generous wide seat for Wide indian asses :p. I grew up on one . pity dad sold it :( he bout it for 18k in 1989 and sold it for 27k in 2003 :lol:

Some more PS: he used to get 40~45kmpl!

^^Ya the RXG was not good. RX 100, RX 135 (4 speed) , RXZ were good ones. The RD 350 owns though :D

My RX 135 (5 speed) gives me around 30 kmpl mileage :mad:

nope shogun aint that good man,,,,,so btr stick with RX100....u have to try hard to find a good condition bike,,,,,,no ones interested in selling those....buy only RX 135 if don have RX100 available

^^Lol. Mine also used to fluctuate. 30 kmpl is the best that I am able to extract out of it. Else its mostly in the range of 20-25 or so. But its so much fun to ride. You have done any mods on yours?

Back