Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Discussion Thread

I honestly have no answer to that. There is so much irony going on here, that I can't really relate to any word you posted above. I have an honest request, and I'm trying to be as polite as possible here, if you feel so strongly about piracy and people pirating, then PM those members and express your concern. Report the post if you feel if it's offensive/contains pirated links or promotion of piracy. You have various ways to do that. Passing a half-arsed taunt/sarcasm in the middle of a game discussion is something which I loathe with a passion, as I feel it's totally uncalled for. So try and ditch those juvenile comments and contribute in some other way. The Mods aren't barbarians. If you have noticed the way this forum works, it has been very liberal with the discussions, while adhering to the stipulated rules & regulations. I have been on this forum for 5 years now and have adhered to those rules. If you think that you'll get a popsicle from the mods, every time you keep posting those "STOP PIRACY!" messages, then you're barking up the wrong tree. Just stick to regular discussions and you'll be fine.

One more thing; start to purchase everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) legitimately yourself before trying to rant about piracy. You're message would probably be heard, else you'll just be considered a closet pirate. :)

Unreal Engine will again screw the game on PS3 IMO.... :|

just like the tearing issues on Enslaved PS3 version....why can't they improvise on Havok Complete engine they used in Heavenly Sword, except for few framrate drops, nothing was tearing atleast in the Game....

xXx said:
Unreal Engine will again screw the game on PS3 IMO.... :|
just like the tearing issues on Enslaved PS3 version....why can't they improvise on Havok Complete engine they used in Heavenly Sword, except for few framrate drops, nothing was tearing atleast in the Game....
You might have played the demo right? If the performance was acceptable, then go for it. On the 360, I didn't find any technical issues like frame rates dipping or screen tearing. Motion Blur was noticeabe though. It was 30fps constantly.

Ethan_Hunt said:
You might have played the demo right? If the performance was acceptable, then go for it. On the 360, I didn't find any technical issues like frame rates dipping or screen tearing. Motion Blur was noticeabe though. It was 30fps constantly.

The performance on the gameplay was Okies...but still during explosions frame rate drops was observed n tearing was main issue during cutscenes...

neways will be renting it out, the rental store doesn't have the game yet...with them :D

xXx said:
The performance on the gameplay was Okies...but still during explosions frame rate drops was observed n tearing was main issue during cutscenes...
neways will be renting it out, the rental store doesn't have the game yet...with them :D
Just curious, which sequence did the demo have?

xXx said:
^the first chapter...monkey's escape from the prison/ship till she confronts him with the Slave HeadGear :p
Not bad. But it doesn't reflect even an inch of what the whole game has installed for you. Why do I get the feeling that Ninja Theory is somewhat obsessed with Nariko's character design? Trip, in this game, is like an alternate reflection of Nariko.

Quite surprising Ninja Theory actually developed a game which seemed to have been well received. After the flop show Heavenly Sword and the yet to be released DMC. :p

^Heavenly Sword was a technical marvel showcasing what PS3 can do....during times when 360 was eating in with GeOW.

Heavenly Sword was overshadowed by Uncharted released during same period n PS3's high price during the same phase :|

@ally...hence a Rental, and yea...she looks like Nariko ;)

This game actually pacified some of my rage down for Ninja Theory. :p

@Andy: Heavenly Sword was hardly a technical marvel. From a graphics stand point, it was average at the best. Fuzzy textures, poor frame rates, sub-par character animations and screen tearing issues. This is something which even Resistance: Fall of Man suffered from. Being a launch title, we could excuse it. PS3 was always capable of something much bigger and that's being proved right now. The only thing Heavenly Sword had going for it was the vast amount of on-screen enemies that it could project. Gameplay was horrible.

Desecrator said:
Quite a fail attempt rather. Sucky gameplay. :|
It was overall a better package, compared to what was offered @ that time, except for UC & Resistance :|

The Final Boss Fight was excellently Done :)

xXx said:
The Final Boss Fight was excellently Done :)
Fighting Bohan thrice over! Boy I bet that was a painful one. :\

Boss fights and instantly NGS comes into my mind. :fear:

Back