iOS Esim

yes i am using postpaid connection. And no cal blockers either. Running stock android.
Maybe you’re not in a supported telecom circle? The page says supported circles are,
Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka, Punjab, UP East, Kerala, Kolkata, Chennai and Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Goa.

There’s nothing else I could think of. Try going to a physical store. I usually get my Jio eSIM changes done at a nearby Jio store.

Maybe you’re not in a supported telecom circle? The page says supported circles are,

There’s nothing else I could think of. Try going to a physical store. I usually get my Jio eSIM changes done at a nearby Jio store.
Kolkata & Delhi. Both are supported circles.

I guess i will have to go to a store. Most of the store people are clueless about this kind of thing. :grumpy:
How is the JIO Esim working? I guess instead of vodafone I can get the JIO sim into ESIM.

Does JIO support ESIM on prepaid?

I guess i will have to go to a store. Most of the store people are clueless about this kind of thing. :grumpy:
True, last time the store manager kept trying to convince me that my cellular connection on apple watch will stop working if I don’t use eSIM on my phone as well lol. For context, I was temporarily switching to physical SIM as I was planning to sell or exchange my phone to upgrade.

How is the JIO Esim working? I guess instead of vodafone I can get the JIO sim into ESIM.

Does JIO support ESIM on prepaid?
It works very well. Until recently the only way to get an eSIM was to go to their store but now that seems to have been fixed. And prepaid works too. Only Vi for some reason only allows postpaid users.

Well I did everything for converting the JIO SIM into ESIM. All the steps from 1 to 3 are complete.

Even got a confirmation email from JIO.

But now the JIO physical sim is disabled and [signal got disconnected] I have NOT received any activation code either on SMS or email.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-18 182950.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-18 182950.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 79
I have NOT received any activation code either on SMS or email.
Connect the pixel to WiFi and try going to your settings app. The place where you add eSIMs on your phone.

Apparently you get a notification saying eSIM data is ready to be downloaded or something similar on Apple and Google phones.

Considering jio vs airtel, which is easier to convert and manage? I use both network sims and yet to decide which one to convert to esim

JIO sim is easier to convert to ESIM.

VODAFONE for some weird reasons did not get converted to Esim in my case.

Either way its easier to manage Esim. Its just a toggle to enable / disable any esim.

May i know the reason?
In case the phone is broken unexpectedly, then it is easy if it's physical sim as we can easily change the sim to other phone.

This suggestion was based on personal experience. I had primary sim as esim and one sudden day on a long drive phone got switched off (iPhone Xr) even when it had enough juice. Usually I always charge only in car while using carplay. But that day for whatever reason, it didn't switch on at all :(.

If it was physical sim, I could have easily switched to my another phone had at that time.

Anyway phone was back to normal once i connected the original charger back home, but had to wait till next day.

In case the phone is broken unexpectedly, then it is easy if it's physical sim as we can easily change the sim to other phone.

This suggestion was based on personal experience. I had primary sim as esim and one sudden day on a long drive phone got switched off (iPhone Xr) even when it had enough juice. Usually I always charge only in car while using carplay. But that day for whatever reason, it didn't switch on at all :(.

If it was physical sim, I could have easily switched to my another phone had at that time.

Anyway phone was back to normal once i connected the original charger back home, but had to wait till next day.
This is a good reason.. On the other hand, people say like if phone gets lost/stolen, physical sim can be taken off and can be used for various purposes including UPI...So my frnd was saying,with esim it will be secure and nobody can steal...This is the reason I was confused

Back