Eurofighter typhoon vs Dassault Rafale

sunny27 said:
^^^The MIG 21 is a good aircraft ruined by low quality spares brought in by corrupt congress defence ministers. The Mig 21 is an aircraft which according to Prof.R Pant of IIT Mumbai's Aero engg dept(a person i have met many times and someone who has been instrumental in the design of Dhruv and LCA) one aircraft which relies heavily on the skill/talent of the pilot rather than the sophisticated skulduggery which is present in most modern aircraft. Also most pilots who fly the MiG 21 do so after coming directly off the simulators/AJTs which are a lot different from what the real Mig 21 offers.

There have been crashes for the other Mig aircraft i.e. Mig 27/29 in the recent years.
Problem is mig fighter is true as you described and its more to what comes to us.

When Russian soviet union broke down in 1990,along with its division, whole supply chain broke down.

As you may know how difficult is it to maintain supply chain for critical components of aircraft's,this broken supply chain lead to disaster that's known as flying coffin.

axis said:
Seriously! If a country of almost 1.2 Billion that produces almost a million engineering graduates OF QUESTIONABLE QUALITY per year cannot produce the defense equipment to defend itself, then it is better off as a slave of some country that can!

Re-phrased it properly for you and the part in bold is the answer to your question!

sunny27 said:
Re-phrased it properly for you and the part in bold is the answer to your question!

The questionable quality is what needs to be improved by investing more in Education and R&D. But more than money our education system need attention and a complete overhaul of the process of learning. But that's another discussion altogether.

jerryelvis said:

I saw some reports some time ago comparing The Sukhoi and the JSF in a dogfight. The Sukhoi left the JDF so far behind in air superiority, it was supposedly compared to clubbing baby seals.

Here is one link giving some information:

http://www.politicalforum.com/russi...n-clubbed-like-baby-seals-russian-su-35s.html

IMO, in times of war, it's not always the technologically superior aircraft that will win (In fact, a complicated fighter is more of a headache). Sheer numbers can also get the job done. Time tested designs and designs that are cheap to produce, easy to maintain and repair, quicker to train(you have to account for the death of many well trained pilots during war thus requiring young rookie pilots to quickly fill in their shoes) on with less complicated avionics are the need of the hour.

I went through some defense forums and it does seem JSF is more about promises then delivery. I hope the CCS decides to go for eurofighter. I think there is going to be no war India is involved in in next 15 years atleast. The eurofighter looks way cooler plus the kickbacks can be used to prolong the fledgling Gandhi Dynasty... After all accounts in Liechtenstein deserve equal attention to the ones in Switzerland and Monaco.

I think Euro fighter is a good choice, in web reviews its seems to be better than the Rafale. Also, with Rafale we go into the same kind of scenario as with Russia, such as we become kind of dependent on a single provider's whims. Whereas the Euro fighter is being used by more and more countries now.

aka911 said:
I think there is going to be no war India is involved in in next 15 years atleast. The eurofighter looks way cooler plus the kickbacks can be used to prolong the fledgling Gandhi Dynasty... After all accounts in Liechtenstein deserve equal attention to the ones in Switzerland and Monaco.

For the text in red - Pigs may fly!!

for the rest of the text - Meh! (I hope you were being sarcastic! As if the country hasn't had enough of pillaging done by those cretins!)

planes falling down would be mostly due to shoddy work and maintenance by the technicians.

a good aircraft ruined by low quality spares brought in by corrupt congress defence ministers

Couldn't agree more!

This probably accounts for most crashes that are reported from time to time. Fighter jets, helicopters etc..

At the end of the day, they simply call it a "technical snag" and move on. :|

sunny27 said:
For the text in red - Pigs may fly!!

for the rest of the text - Meh! (I hope you were being sarcastic! As if the country hasn't had enough of pillaging done by those cretins!)

Obviously I was being sarcastic. The worst thing is when these people belonging to a political dynasty start thinking of themselves as "Blue blooded". I hate it when Royals from UK and even other countries like Sweden and Bhutan are compared to Gandhi Scions. I mean come on,We are a democratic republic. I don't know what joy the media gets in such vis-a-vis comparisons.

Regarding wars,There can be only one,ie If India decides to send a PK force to Af. Other then that It's a bleak horizon. ;) . I don't think they will interfere in the Iran matter.

My Guess is that all depends on kickbacks, Who ever is offering good kickbacks, will get the deal.

Once the kickbacks are received, no one will even bother to see if the aircrafts.

As long as the deal is completed when there is a sort of Anna hazare craze in the country, there are less chances of kickbacks, but then the money will be routed directly to one of the swiss banks :sigh:

Actually only hope is that its done during AK Antony is the minister.

He isnt that much greedy. One of the reasons why he is Defence Minister. less corruption allegations.

m-jeri said:
Actually only hope is that its done during AK Antony is the minister.

He isnt that much greedy. One of the reasons why he is Defence Minister. less corruption allegations.

Unfortunately there is only ONE person holding all Powers in Congress -every body knows who wields it!- Manmohan Singh, A.K. Antony et al are just pawns, and are moved only by the Supreme Power !, and all decisions and monies are routed there.

Is there anything worth defending here ?, the poor in the slums and the hungry and the homeless without a positive future.
Instead of flaunting each other's peens this amnt can be of help to millions.
But that ain't gonna happen thanks to our awesome politicians and China acting like a bully spending millions on military infrastructure near our borders.

vijayshimla said:
Unfortunately there is only ONE person holding all Powers in Congress -every body knows who wields it!- Manmohan Singh, A.K. Antony et al are just pawns, and are moved only by the Supreme Power !, and all decisions and monies are routed there.

I thought it was sonia gandhi holding the whip to run this circus.

^^

Amen to that.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

psyph3r said:
Is there anything worth defending here ?, the poor in the slums and the hungry and the homeless without a positive future.

Instead of flaunting each other's peens this amnt can be of help to millions.

But that ain't gonna happen thanks to our awesome politicians and China acting like a bully spending millions on military infrastructure near our borders.

We can sing that song a lot. But without efficient national defense, the most populous country in the world cannot sustain. We cannot give into bullying now, can we?

^Absolutely.

Anyway, with the first round of commercial bidding over, the Rafale is ~5% cheaper than the Typhoon on flyaway cost. Waiting for the full TOT and lifecycle costs to be determined, this process is underway.

Stupid US trying to muddy the waters with teh JSF -> they should be happy with the P8I, C17 and mostly the AH64D purchases we are undertaking.

^^

I want Rafale to win. but chances are high it will be Euro fighter.

Rafale got more payload capacity and range if i am not mistaken. And a good looking jet. :D.

Rafale + Brahmos Air version means all the border arms buildup by chinese and pakis can kiss their ass good bye. :p.

No way they have time to run from that. Nor knowing that the fire is coming baby. Hope this stupid politicians get the job done.

4.5 gen jets by 2025 is pathetic.

and what the hell 11bn$ deal is now 20bn$? what?

Regarding JSF. No idea why everyone is saying chirpy about that. Stealth is not what we require for this stage. Anyways u put a small extra tank for fuel outside and whamooo... no stealth. And good luck getting the full details for the jet via TOT.

The L1 UK not getting the access to source till now.. hehehhe... :D. JSF is not F22. Its just the hype of F22. :p

I have no idea on war planes, but following article was on discussion:

"The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program aimed to replace several aircraft from three major military services with a fifth-generation model capable of short-takeoff and vertical-landing while maintaining the capability of sustained supersonic flight — all while staying affordable. The project has finally gotten some test points validated, but after a decade in development and numerous cost and schedule overruns, it faces an uphill fight against budget reductions. Bloomberg has an interesting story about the program's troubled past. Quoting: 'Ten years and $66 billion later, the aircraft is still in development, five years behind schedule and 64 percent over cost estimates. The Obama administration may cancel some models and also cut the Pentagon’s orders. The plane, envisioned as the affordable stealth fighter for the U.S. and allies, has turned into a budget target. "I’d blame the program’s setbacks on the fact that we lived in a rich man’s world," said Jacques Gansler, a former Pentagon chief weapons buyer in the Clinton administration and now a professor at the University of Maryland at College Park. "There has been less emphasis on cost over the past 10 years," he said.'"

Lockheed

Big NO to JSF, it is more of a ground attack aircraft than an air superiority one like F-22 and the stealth capacities are hyped.

Back