Excitel now offers 300Mbps unlimited at ₹499 (If paid yearly)

Got the Excitel broadband for a year, till now no issues and the service and speed are good.
i pay around 3200 for three month hathway 150mbps plan. Excitel has recently been launched in my area. hathway comes with free router and this guy is charging 2000 more. Is it worth the switch and also is it better to buy a router from the market instead of him so that we can use it with some other provider? WIth Hathway being 13K per annum and this guy 7K plus router, seems like decent saving but Hathway being a listed large corporate may offer better reliability. Need to learn more about how large excitel is as a corporate.

I live in bangalore.

Just checked with my nephews in Hyd where prices are similar and they are happy with the connection. Assuming I go with 300 mbps please let me know what is the best modem/router I can buy from the market
Router is optional, but you need a fibre to RJ45 converter, which will be 750/- refundable. Router and converter = 2K
I am using a Mi router 3G with 100mbps connection. Since this is a gigabit router have no issues with speed, getting 106 -108mbps and ping 0 - 1msec in speed test.
Location is Bangalore.

Last edited:
Hi all,

before committing for a one year plan, I have taken a one month trial of Excitel. It works very well sometimes, but other times I see it has lots of issues. Also weirdly if ethernet works, wifi doesnt and vice versa. Only good thing is that they seem to have outsourced the work to local cable guys . So the local cable guy who installed has told me that he will personally look into it and solve and asked me not to raise any case with Excitel as its more cumbersome.

The problem I feel is with the router. They have given me an unknown brand dual band router which only has two ethernet ports. I have many desktops and NAS server and hence I have bought a TP link 8 port Ethernet extender. I somehow feel that instead of paying him 2K as deposit for his router, I can as well buy a router around 2K myself. Please suggest few routers from Amazon. This is a fiber connection and his cable is connected to a small white box and another cable connects it to the modem/router.

I want suggestions both for (a) Skipping both his white box and router and (b) I keep the white box but buy the router/modem.

Will these routers/modems with 4 star rating work and if so whether for (a) or (b) above?

I am paying Rs.1260 per month for a 250Mbps and 3300GB connection from ACT. Probably I may use around 700 or maximum 1000GB per month (which is very rare). Do I need to move to some other providers offering better plans than ACT? However, I do not have any complaints against ACT on their download and upload speeds. Also there has not been any downtime and it happens very rarely.

I am using Tachyon and there plan is going to expire in a month so will take 50mbps Excitel connection for a month to see how it goes. It looks like I should use my own router rather than the one provided by them but the sales guy was advertising to take there router so they can give promise speed.

I am paying Rs.1260 per month for a 250Mbps and 3300GB connection from ACT. Probably I may use around 700 or maximum 1000GB per month (which is very rare). Do I need to move to some other providers offering better plans than ACT? However, I do not have any complaints against ACT on their download and upload speeds. Also there has not been any downtime and it happens very rarely.
I am also using ACT but I take the half yearly plan (200Mbps@3.3Tb) in which I get 1 month free. Comes out to be 1011/month after factoring in the free month. Hardly any downtime and their service is consistent. Excitel on the other hand has variety of issues.

Hi all,

before committing for a one year plan, I have taken a one month trial of Excitel. It works very well sometimes, but other times I see it has lots of issues. Also weirdly if ethernet works, wifi doesnt and vice versa. Only good thing is that they seem to have outsourced the work to local cable guys . So the local cable guy who installed has told me that he will personally look into it and solve and asked me not to raise any case with Excitel as its more cumbersome.

The problem I feel is with the router. They have given me an unknown brand dual band router which only has two ethernet ports. I have many desktops and NAS server and hence I have bought a TP link 8 port Ethernet extender. I somehow feel that instead of paying him 2K as deposit for his router, I can as well buy a router around 2K myself. Please suggest few routers from Amazon. This is a fiber connection and his cable is connected to a small white box and another cable connects it to the modem/router.

I want suggestions both for (a) Skipping both his white box and router and (b) I keep the white box but buy the router/modem.

Will these routers/modems with 4 star rating work and if so whether for (a) or (b) above?

Both the routers are good, I am using Mi3g !
BTW you need to pay 750/- deposit for the white fiber device, which adaptor will fail often ( I am using stabilizer for the adaptor now).

Last edited:
I've been using excitel for over a year now. Service quality totally depends on local provider who handles it on excitel's behalf.
They gave me 2 options for a router
  1. An ONT device having 2 gigabit ports and no wifi for 750/-.
  2. An ONT cum router with dual band with 2 gigabit ports for 2000/- (Model is titanium 2122a).
The amount is refundable for both. I opted for ONT box at first since I already had an Archer A7. But I used to have issues with it at random. The local provider suggested to get the ONT with router to solve the issue. And issue was no longer there when I switched to their router. Now I have disabled wifi on their router (titanium one), and control all access points in home using my Archer A7.
Hope this helps you both @kartikoli and @arnprasad

Edit: If someone need help disabling their annoying SSID "www.excitel.com" on their router, let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @nitin_g3 The sales guy offered 2 options as you said above, ONT device that will cost 1k and ONT cum Router for 2k
Since I have Archer C6 I was wondering if to opt for first option but how is the quality for titanium router they provide? does it match the range of your Archer A7? also any disconnections in wifi

whats the downtime for there service and which city you are from?

Isn't the "white thing" a convertor?
which adaptor will fail often ( I am using stabilizer for the adaptor now).
This really surprised me. What's wrong with the adaptor?
But I used to have issues with it at random. The local provider suggested to get the ONT with router to solve the issue. And issue was no longer there when I switched to their router.
Could it be some problems with the settings? Someone mentioned that the fiber guys usually show disinterest in another router which is not their own (provided by the company) because they don't want to change the settings.

Could it be some problems with the settings? Someone mentioned that the fiber guys usually show disinterest in another router which is not their own (provided by the company) because they don't want to change the settings.
It could be, yes. They said that it's the MAC address of the ONT that they have trouble saving in the server, I used to face issue only when there's a power cut. But no issue in saving MAC address of the ONT cum router. I tried it for 15 days or so then switched to the "ONT cum router" device.
Thanks for the info @nitin_g3 The sales guy offered 2 options as you said above, ONT device that will cost 1k and ONT cum Router for 2k
Since I have Archer C6 I was wondering if to opt for first option but how is the quality for titanium router they provide? does it match the range of your Archer A7? also any disconnections in wifi

whats the downtime for there service and which city you are from?
I only opted for their titanium router because I had no other choice. and Actually I've turned off the wifi on it, and now it's serving as and ONT only. Using my archer A7 as primary device to route the network to other access points in the house.

From the time when I used the titanium router's wifi, It gave good range for both bands. But there's a serious security issue with the broadcast of an unwanted SSID "www.excitel.com" which you can't turn off from the router's menu. Anyone with the password to this SSID (which is same for all of these routers) can hack into your network. Somehow I managed to disable this SSID using telnet.

Last edited:
It could be, yes. They said that it's the MAC address of the ONT that they have trouble saving in the server, I used to face issue only when there's a power cut. But no issue in saving MAC address of the ONT cum router. I tried it for 15 days or so then switched the "ONT cum router" device.
MAC is saved once and that's all, if you change the device than only you need to modify it on server else it will be saved forever !

Selling routers makes sense because the sales guy clearly said that he can't guaranty the speed with customer router where as if we take there router then we will get promised speed.

I am planning to use 50 mbps connection for a month then switch to 100Mbps but thinking if I should opt for 300Mbps because once the plan is activated we can't change it, so if we opt for 100mbps and after 2 months decide to go for 300mbps then we will have to pay full money for the plan and you are losing the money paid for original 100mbps. An upgrade option would have made much more sense

Selling routers makes sense because the sales guy clearly said that he can't guaranty the speed with customer router where as if we take there router then we will get promised speed.

I am planning to use 50 mbps connection for a month then switch to 100Mbps but thinking if I should opt for 300Mbps because once the plan is activated we can't change it, so if we opt for 100mbps and after 2 months decide to go for 300mbps then we will have to pay full money for the plan and you are losing the money paid for original 100mbps. An upgrade option would have made much more sense
100mbps is good enough for home, if you are taking it for office than only 300mbps is recommended.

Don't. This is the best plan and experience.

Never buy services from any company who do not have control over their last mile user. Excitel is for timepass people.
100mbps is far more than enough for work from home and entertainment (streaming full HD movies).
Our 75mbps plan does the thing. Yes, 100mbps is more than enough for 2 users.

Back