Excitel now offers 300Mbps unlimited at ₹499 (If paid yearly)

I've had very bad experience with Excitel, basically a bad nightmare. Completely unreliable for work/banking/payments etc. Connection has never been stable for more than 24 hours for me in over a period of 4 years of use. Yeah, I had no other choice sadly. Every other day the connection went down, something or the other went wrong with the line or power failures. Their ground team is so lazy and worse than MTNL/BSNL employees. Had "Lost service" as a reason attached pic below.
1616276367585.png

Just don't get this headache for yourself, there's a good reason it's that cheap because they never intend to give you that service for the full time period you paid for.
Better get ACT or Airtel, those are the best in service none to minimal downtime and they usually notify before they go down and try to do maintenance at late night times.

PS: those IP address are useless as they are not public.

I am facing lots of issues and posting from a thread from another forum. Any idea why this happens? as I copy this, I am waiting for a call from their engineer. Their customer service is useless. raising cases is useless as they close on their own without contacting you. Chatting is equally useless. Unlike hathway, they got no escalation mechanism - so if any issues occurs you are on your own. I have more or less made up my mind to continue with Hathway unless their engineer cooks up some magic today.

Hi all

as I have posted in my previous thread - I wanted to go for Excitel as they offering twice the speed of Hathway at half the price. Before committing for a whole year - which gives me the best bang for the buck - I wanted to test it for a month. Its been 25 days now and I have a peculiar problem. First 10-12 days seemed fine without any issue and after that i have noticed there is some kind of throttling happening every few hours. when I run the speedtest - it shows anything from 2 to 12 mbps and before completing the full test gives an error message. The resolution is simple - I just have to turn off and on and then its back to 300 mbps. In my area, it is my local cable who has the franchisee and every time I whatsapp him the speedtest error message - he responds immediately and tries to troubleshoot. So far he has changed something at his end, says he changed the fibre and inside my house - he has changed the router three times - but the error remains exactly the same.

He uses a TPON fibre modem/router which only has two ethernet posts due to which I had to buy a TP link 8 port extender. The problem is definitely not with this extender as even a PC directly connected to the Excitel router also has the same problem.

Any telecom experts on this forum who can understand and clarify this weird situation. One of the issues I thought could be reason is that I got too many gadgets accessing the internet. I have around 16-17 sonoff points where I use voice commands to turn off/on lights and fans. I have got 5 Echo dots/google mins, one WD EX 2 NAS server and three computers connected via LAN plus plenty of phones and tablets. I never have any issues with these on Hathway. In fact the last one month has been a parallel connection in my house (it was the last month of my Hathway prepaid and one month of Excitel). Time and again due to Excitel issues, I had to go back to Hathway to keep things running. Does Excitel or its router have some kind of limit on number of gadgets that can access internet that ACT and Hathway doesnt? Even if this is the case how come a switch off and on solves the issue?

Also sometimes I have noticed that when PCs are on, mobiles struggle to connect to wifi (stuck at obtaining IP address stage) and vice versa

This is my previous thread on limited ethernet ports.

Help needed in extending Ethernet ports

Hi..I have been a Hathway user for few years now and pay around 900 plus tax for 150mbps. Excitel has launched in my area and today I got it installed for a month to see if its good and if so, I will take the one year plan where 300mbps plan works out to 500 plus tax. While they have given me...
www.hifivision.com
www.hifivision.com

My Hathway ended today and one month Excitel will end in another 3-4 days. As it is, part of my expected savings from switching to Excitel has been spent buying this 8 port router. If I decide to continue with Hathway, then it is zero savings plus expenses on the extender!! :(

So jealous right now. I was a ACT user until I moved to another neighborhood and found out that it's a monopoly network and no services available other than Airwire. :(

What's more disappointing is not able to receive the full speed I'm paying for and they don't have the heart to understand the wfh situation.

Been using excitel for past 4 years. Their Ethernet based internet was shit, even moving the router slightly would cause dropped connections. But after fibre upgrade it has been rock solid. Uptime in days, even a week. Connection resets only by me due to some router issues needing restart.

The thing with excitel is that they don’t do last mile connectivity themselves. It’s handed over to Local Cable Operator (LCO). The lco can make or break your excitel experience. Most bad experiences are due to lco’s being shit and not responsive. I have a good rapport with my lco, don’t even need to contact excitel, gets fixed in few hours. (even excitel just forwards complaints to lco dashboard)

Prices are good and they say it’s truly unlimited(no 3.3tb cup mentioned in t&c), had crossed 3 tb for 2 consecutive months last year, no issue. (But there are some testimonials of excitel suspending connection for ‘commercial use’ with less than that)

Only negatives I can see is that they don’t give public ipv4, no paid option and ipv6 not yet implemented.

I am done waiting for them to fix my issue. today my Excitel one month trial ended and I just paid my hathway quarterly amount. Just hope they return my 2000 deposit back and take back their shitty router

Reading all these negative reviews I am reluctant to even try them for a month where as my existing plan with Tachyon will end in 25 days so have to make a choice soon

Excitel is sort of good in my area. Nothing beats them with 576 pm for 100mbps. It works well till it works but if a problem arises then it could take 1-2 weeks to be fixed depending on the type.
Also packet loss and latency sometimes is a nightmare

@enthusiast29 how did you get that report?
I've had very bad experience with Excitel, basically a bad nightmare. Completely unreliable for work/banking/payments etc. Connection has never been stable for more than 24 hours for me in over a period of 4 years of use. Yeah, I had no other choice sadly. Every other day the connection went down, something or the other went wrong with the line or power failures. Their ground team is so lazy and worse than MTNL/BSNL employees. Had "Lost service" as a reason attached pic below.
View attachment 102550
Just don't get this headache for yourself, there's a good reason it's that cheap because they never intend to give you that service for the full time period you paid for.
Better get ACT or Airtel, those are the best in service none to minimal downtime and they usually notify before they go down and try to do maintenance at late night times.

PS: those IP address are useless as they are not public.

Reading all these negative reviews I am reluctant to even try them for a month where as my existing plan with Tachyon will end in 25 days so have to make a choice soon
I have excitel too(for an year) and recently got a 9 month 300 mbps plan at ~630pm
the thing about excitel iirc is that their last mile connectivity is handled by leased operators and that controls your service too so it can vary wildly
I can say that the service and speed has been pretty satisfactory for me in NCR(once some cable was broken due to construction and they fixed it at 4am in the morning when I complained at 11pm at night,though this could be an outlier but that's the only time there was a problem from their side)

I have excitel too(for an year) and recently got a 9 month 300 mbps plan at ~630pm
the thing about excitel iirc is that their last mile connectivity is handled by leased operators and that controls your service too so it can vary wildly
I can say that the service and speed has been pretty satisfactory for me in NCR(once some cable was broken due to construction and they fixed it at 4am in the morning when I complained at 11pm at night,though this could be an outlier but that's the only time there was a problem from their side)
I've opted for 1 month plan for 100 mbps and so far its good, got internet outage couple of times and calling local cable guy fixed the issue. now my one month plan is coming to an end and I can't decide if to keep using excitel or go back to tacyon with 50 mbps connection paying more.
Speed is fine but we won't get 100mbps all the time though

I took the plunge and paid 7k for one year plan.. So far so good. My cable guy responds for problems.. Hope it stays that way. 99% of the time.. I do get 300mbps..few times I also got Double that. My cable guy said that's because of less traffic

I am using 200Mbps plan for 3 months (1 yr subscription) and its working well though a month back most popular torrent sites are not working so have to use VPN. Other than that, the local guys are just fine I am not super happy but acceptable

Yeah, seems like they recently blocked torrent sites and streamable. Works with VPN though.
Also, looks like they reduced the price for 300mbps 1month plan from 999(1174 with tax) to 899(1060 with tax). Found out after i recharged :( 999 plan was selected for default on payments page.

I would have downgraded to 3 month plan and paid extra if that was possible but now I am stuck, I work from home so a stable internet is really important for me and seeing the responses of these local cable operators I don't get positive feeling. Just yesterday I called him and he said to submit a complain online where as when they sold me the connection they sell it saying you will only have to deal with him and the guy lives in front of my house. So a mix experience as you will have to deal with unprofessional people who will ask for money after fixing your problem.

How? Via telnet I tried but it needs login details, I tried both admin/admin or admin/router password printed on back but didn't work.
I was messing around with titanium 2122a, seems like you can easily disable the www.excitel.com SSID via telnet. Telnet to your router and type the following commands

tcapi get Wlan_Entry1 SSID
Check if the SSID shown is actually www.excitel.com or not otherwise change Entry* number.
tcapi set Wlan_Entry1 EnableSSID 0
tcapi wlan_commit

I was messing around with titanium 2122a, seems like you can easily disable the www.excitel.com SSID via telnet. Telnet to your router and type the following commands

tcapi get Wlan_Entry1 SSID
Check if the SSID shown is actually www.excitel.com or not otherwise change Entry* number.
tcapi set Wlan_Entry1 EnableSSID 0
tcapi wlan_commit
Right
Post in thread 'How to disable SSID-2 www.excitel.com on Excitel Fiber Routers?' https://broadbandforum.co/t/204908/post-1491197

Hi All - I may have asked this question earlier but cant find that thread. I got excitel 300 mbps yearly plan for around 7K. I am very happy as it works most of the time and whenever it is down, my cable operations immediately sends message on whatsap that he is working on it and he resolves it very soon. thanks to multiple sim cards at home - we are able to tide over this temporary glitch which happens on an average 10 minutes every week.

They give some unknown chinese router. I am willing to spend around 2.5K to buy a third party well reviewed router like the TP link 1200 Archer one. But my cable operator says it may not work. Can you help me here please. I am guessing if I use the excitel provided small white box that takes fiber as input, shouldnt the white box's output go into this third party router?

Hi All - I may have asked this question earlier but cant find that thread. I got excitel 300 mbps yearly plan for around 7K. I am very happy as it works most of the time and whenever it is down, my cable operations immediately sends message on whatsap that he is working on it and he resolves it very soon. thanks to multiple sim cards at home - we are able to tide over this temporary glitch which happens on an average 10 minutes every week.

They give some unknown chinese router. I am willing to spend around 2.5K to buy a third party well reviewed router like the TP link 1200 Archer one. But my cable operator says it may not work. Can you help me here please. I am guessing if I use the excitel provided small white box that takes fiber as input, shouldnt the white box's output go into this third party router?
Yes, I am using MI 3G Router.

Back