experiences with shopyourworld.com

tallyme

Disciple
Hi
i was planning to buy a few items from US
this site www.shopyourworld.com
has a direct tie-up with amazon and 37 other stores

has anyone had any previous experience with this site ?
any reviews and experiences would be most appreciated

I just checked out a couple of items. The listed prices do not include customs duty and seemed a bit high. But worth checking out--always compare the $ price with the Rs price.

the prices mentioned do not include customs duty, the final checkout page lists the customs duty.

i had a talk with one of their customer executives and he seemed friendly.

they have a form which can be filled up to get the stuff under 10k as gifts without customs duty.

you have to provide a overseas address though.

has anyone ordered from them before??

for stuff less than 10k i think Shopyourworld is better i asked fr quotes regarding a rocker and there was a difference of 2k between ICC (more) and SYW (less)

i found the iccworld cheaper by 600 bux on a koss portapro deal. all depends on products basically. ask for quotes on both coz u never know which one turns out cheaper. :)

im still waiting for my transcend compactflash card ive ordered from icc on the 8th of august to be delivered!! (oh yeah, even this was cheaper on iccworld) so dont mind a bit of wait! haha

EDIT - just who just ringd the bell @ 8.30PM - ICC DELIVERY GUY! - (aug 8th order / delivered mumbai 20th) pretty happy with their service :)

bandaid! haha creative nick bro - all u do is log onto iccworld and go to the shop now section (ie: ICC World

give em a direct link to what u want to buy. fill in your details and they usually get back to u in 24hrs.

on shopyourworld. u haveto register and then browse the different sites from within their website.. u get indian prices on amazon n stuff like that in real time... but once u add the item in your cart the shipping + taxes price r shown.. which r usually higher then iccworld's quote. (atleast that was the case for the 2 items that i wanted)

how much does it cost you ?

do they deliver things duty free ? in gift mode ?

toxicdrift said:
i found the iccworld cheaper by 600 bux on a koss portapro deal. all depends on products basically. ask for quotes on both coz u never know which one turns out cheaper. :)
im still waiting for my transcend compactflash card ive ordered from icc on the 8th of august to be delivered!! (oh yeah, even this was cheaper on iccworld) so dont mind a bit of wait! haha
EDIT - just who just ringd the bell @ 8.30PM - ICC DELIVERY GUY! - (aug 8th order / delivered mumbai 20th) pretty happy with their service :)

multifaced said:
how much does it cost you ?

do they deliver things duty free ? in gift mode ?
it cost me round 2650 , they do not mark it as a gift, its a all inclusive price incl shipping to india plus taxes plus delivered price to your place :)

I recently got thet TRITRIX DIY speaker kit from USA through Shopyourworld

was pretty satisfied with their service

2 of the drivers were damaged and they promptly replaced them 4.5/5 for service

the only room for improvement lies in the courier they use aka EXPRESSIT one of the not so good courier companies around

overall value for money

and they do mark goods less than 10k as gifts to save on customs :)

Can someone confirm whether you can order duty free gifts from this site using Indian debit card/ netbanking account unlike 20north which only allows payment in such cases from bank accounts based abroad?

i paid for a so-called "duty-free gift" through ICICI netbanking. :p

saved around 1700 bucks.

Didn't face any issues.

but you do have to provide a foreign address as the Senders Address.

gauravs123 said:
i paid for a so-called "duty-free gift" through ICICI netbanking. :p

saved around 1700 bucks.

Didn't face any issues.

but you do have to provide a foreign address as the Senders Address.

If this works then they got some really cool deals. :)

i placed an order and my order got cancelled and waiting for refund and these guys say that i need to wait for 15days and after a big speech they agreed to give me reference number tomorro which has to be given by accounts dept

I need to buy a Crosman .177 Caliber Air Rifle from Amazon.com. Price is about 5k without Shipping & Customs.

Will SYW do it for me? Also, will they ship it to me as a Duty Free Gift??

Back