Extreme low voltage. Best Air con stabilizer

But from 2011 the syscom guys say that the transformers are made with aluminium wounding and no where in India they supple copper wound transformers, not sure whether it true. I can see the Vguard is overpriced. All we need to check is the transformer on these stabilizers. I heard the triple boost works from 110 volt and 5KVA costs around 4.8k.
Dont fall for branding, stabilizers is a simple concept and the main thing is the transformer.
Stabilizer is nothing but buck - boost transformer inside with necessary relays to actuate the coils. But now a days most of the coils are made of aluminium. This is the fact. I got a quote from servokon for copper toroidal transformer is around 6K for aluminium its 1K less. I have paid around 4K extra for V-guard just because I need the damn product immediately and nothing else.

Vijay

In our area we have a voltage hovering around 145V in the peak time. Im using 1.5T LG 5 star AC. I was using Premier single boost stabilizer, but already got repaired, I ve asked for the servicing, which they have promised in 5 days time. Meanwhile reading all your useful threads im unable to conclude whether I should go for Vguard VWR 400 or VEW400 or some other company stabiliser which has 3 years warranty and good service in Chennai.
Since there is a huge demand, they are making money with stabilizers at this point in time. Request your suggestions which model to buy and where to buy to get the b

Vijay

In our area we have a voltage hovering around 145V in the peak time. Im using 1.5T LG 5 star AC. I was using Premier single boost stabilizer, but already got repaired, I ve asked for the servicing, which they have promised in 5 days time. Meanwhile reading all your useful threads im unable to conclude whether I should go for Vguard VWR 400 or VEW400 or some other company stabiliser which has 3 years warranty and good service in Chennai.
Since there is a huge demand, they are making money with stabilizers at this point in time. Request your suggestions which model to buy and where to buy to get the b
Since I have used both the models, I would definitely suggest VWR400. VEW400 is just waste of money if you have persistent low voltage issue. As I mentioned it needs 160V to start the compressor and simply its not drawing enough current to run the A/C. No toroidal transformer and inbuilt fan runs like mixie and heats pretty much.

Yesterday it was just 90V and the A/C was running. VEW400 heats little bit because its rated at 12A whereas vew500 is rated 15A. There is a price difference of 1500 between both models.
I couldnt able to understand the logic behind 4KVA and 5KVA ratings.

Old post, so I guess irrelevant, but with VGuard, ignore the model numbers

400 does NOT mean 4KVA, 500 does NOT mean 5KVA

Just look at the Amps rating

I have enquired 2 companies (servokon and purevolt) and purevolt said they will ship to chennai. Waiting for servokon reply to make the final decision else I am going with purevolt. The price they quoted is quite shocking compared to chennai rates :drool:

Regards,
Vijay
@vijaycool, thanks for all your research , picked up a VEW500 and seems to be handling things fine. Its boosting the power from 150v to about 210v
vijay,

Even i have similar problem currently,,,can you suggest which is the best option to chose now and the company.

Thanks
Regards
Raja

In my locality voltage goes below 110-120 and this made me bound to purchase VGuard (VEM 400 Plus) @ 90 – 270 volts replacing my 140 volts stablizer. It is working fine but it is very noisy and during low voltage like 100-110 , some spark’s light is seen from inside the stablizer giving crackers’ like sound. Can someone suggest whether this spark like thing is normal or dangerous?

I use Godrej Votz at present. Its really good for an AC. No problems and deals with voltage issues very well. I got that for around 5k but that was like 8 years ago lol.

In my locality voltage goes below 110-120 and this made me bound to purchase VGuard (VEM 400 Plus) @ 90 – 270 volts replacing my 140 volts stablizer. It is working fine but it is very noisy and during low voltage like 100-110 , some spark’s light is seen from inside the stablizer giving crackers’ like sound. Can someone suggest whether this spark like thing is normal or dangerous?
Its normal only if Billy Joel is singing "We didn't start the fire" at your place :p

Thats not an issue. Heavy duty relays does its work. You have hear vew500 sound, good quality heavy duty relays makes noise.

Hi,
My home voltage at evening time drops to around 120-135v, my frontech 600va ups does not five backup at this range. I have to wait till 9pm for the home voltage to rise. My frontech input voltage range is 140-290v. Because of this I ordered Premier 1KVA MULTIKONECT Voltage Stabilizer from snapdeal (which has not yet arrived ). The premier stabilizer has the following spec:
Capacity : 1kva
Input voltage : 90-270v
Output:200-240v
I inquired to Premier whether the mentioned item serve my purpose. I got the reply from Premier, "it wont". I also asked snapdeal and the snapdeal replied me that the stabilizer is for led TV, set top box, home theatre and not for computer.
Now I'm confused, please someone enlighten me!

Back