Windows Extremely Frustrating Wi-Fi Adapter Issue

Finally bit the bullet and bought the tp-link Adaptor.
IMG_20210902_113013.jpg

Tested it for an hour. The connection seems to be stable. But the speed doesn't go above 1 Mbps now fml. Installed all the drivers and everything.

Fast.com on my mobile shows above 10 Mbps but testing on the PC is always 900 Kbps or thereabouts.

@JMP can I PM you about some doubts I have regarding BIOS updation ?

I used to have a laptop that no matter what dongle i used, cheaper or better ones, it never gave me good speeds. kept disconnecting and tons of issues.
the laptop had a common bluetooth and wifi receiver and i think that was the issue. but even using external dongle for wifi didnt help
when i used to connect any bluetooth device, my internet would become very slow and crawl.

I think this issue happens with how certain wifi devices, isp setup (modem router configurations) and bluetooth interfere and leads to issues. i could never diagnose or solve the issue.

The same laptop at a friends place with wifi dongle or onboard wifi never had any issue with wifi and bluetooth connected simultaneously or independently (his isp was different)

I used to have a laptop that no matter what dongle i used, cheaper or better ones, it never gave me good speeds. kept disconnecting and tons of issues.
the laptop had a common bluetooth and wifi receiver and i think that was the issue. but even using external dongle for wifi didnt help
when i used to connect any bluetooth device, my internet would become very slow and crawl.

I think this issue happens with how certain wifi devices, isp setup (modem router configurations) and bluetooth interfere and leads to issues. i could never diagnose or solve the issue.

The same laptop at a friends place with wifi dongle or onboard wifi never had any issue with wifi and bluetooth connected simultaneously or independently (his isp was different)
I have the same issue with my laptop. But instead of buying a WiFi adaptor, I bought a bluetooth adaptor instead and since then no issues when using bluetooth and internet together.

I have the same issue with my laptop. But instead of buying a WiFi adaptor, I bought a bluetooth adaptor instead and since then no issues when using bluetooth and internet together.

never did that, nor thought of it :/ . I sold the laptop anyways

Usually happens when both devices are sharing ports and interrupt request (or IRQ). Common on older and currently in cheaper laptops though mostly now a days such architecture is obsolete.

Back