Facebook getting too boring

Take a day leave and do the following ........
Block irritating friends (ppl with status updates as Gudmrning frndzzzzz, feeling lazy etc etc)
Block irritating pages 'liked'
Block apps (like who visited your profile, who's your celebrity look alike, XYZ-ville etc etc)
Create list of "important" people you like to 'follow' - updates, photos etc.
Similarly create list for other stuffs (list of funny pages, geeky pages, gaming pages etc)
Block all email. Block photo tagging.

Or "Deactivate Facebook account" and do the following
Get a hobby - gaming, reading, painting, web-developing, playing some music instrument...blah blah.
Switch to google reader for all kind of news updates.
Be active in various forums. (TE!!) :)

google+ is good . Needs little bit of improvement tthough . I am waiting for this new social networking site Psocial .

Begin your adventure by choosing one of the following.
A. Google Plus.
B. Myspace.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously , forums are way 2 intersting ! Atleast they are people to answer your silly questions . :)

Take a day leave and do the following ........
Block irritating friends (ppl with status updates as Gudmrning frndzzzzz, feeling lazy etc etc)
Block irritating pages 'liked'
Block apps (like who visited your profile, who's your celebrity look alike, XYZ-ville etc etc)
Create list of "important" people you like to 'follow' - updates, photos etc.
Similarly create list for other stuffs (list of funny pages, geeky pages, gaming pages etc)
Block all email. Block photo tagging.

Or "Deactivate Facebook account" and do the following
Get a hobby - gaming, reading, painting, web-developing, playing some music instrument...blah blah.
Switch to google reader for all kind of news updates.
Be active in various forums. (TE!!) :)

Join G+ and choose your passion over there. You will get lot of interesting things. I like Photography and I have lot of friends/acquaintance over there.
Unlike FB, there are no spams and non sense posts.

You have made unknown friends based on ur interest 'photography' ?

Join G+ and choose your passion over there. You will get lot of interesting things. I like Photography and I have lot of friends/acquaintance over there.
Unlike FB, there are no spams and non sense posts.

Pound for Pound there is no better social network than Youtube.
The more time you spent there the better recommendations you get. And its never boring.
You can choose your track from documentaries to funny videos to ted talks, I say its golden.
Besides it is highly recommended to invest time in an activity that doesn't require your computer
like reading books or gymming or learning a new activity ....

And I have another set of thoughts here. Fb is what you make of it and I have usually found that
people who find it boring are boring themselves most of the time coz they do too much Fb & nothing else.

Once you invest your time outside into learning new stuff or get a new activity, you suddenly become
more interesting by virtue of this new activity you know and talk about with people. And that is when my friend FB
will again be more interesting for you, coz you'll be more interesting to others.

These are my thoughts. No intention of personal attack at anyone.

PS: If just browse TE nicely, there is so much stuff here in all genres from movies you last saw, latest
tech news to people talking about coding, new ideas or reporting fradulent members :p that TE alone can be a good substitute to FB.
I spend hours here reading stuff & the time just flies. :)

How about Battlefield 3? Its a great social networking platform, and at the same time, it teaches you essential life skills. You not only make friends, you learn the importance of team work, taking care of fellow humans, dealing with a life of continuous stress* etc. May be you will find some other hidden skills as well. Some guys in YouTube have made really spectacular machinimas out of it (BF3 One my favourite).

*Before BF3, I never knew how it felt to be living in a jungle, constantly on the look out of preys, while staying away from predators. You will learn quickly to hide behind rocks/trees/grass/buildings to protect your dear life.

I spent a lot of time browsing reddit/r/funny as well.

reddit!! Note that most of the default content kind a sucks on reddit, it is only when you get into the non default subreddits (sub sections)., does it get really really fun.

TechEnclave
xda-developers
Tom's Hardware Forums
NolanFans
ComicBookMovie
deviantart
tumblr
Kongregate
Cracked
TvTropes

There, why ask for one when you can have many :)

get a puppy. I would prefer labrador. you get to meet a lot of people during the morning walks :)

What's this battlefield ? And there's another social networking site psocial . Its about to launch on the 10th i suppose

- - - Updated - - -

Ooo.. your so caring :yahoo: . Will visit reddit now . :)

Why do you want to ruin his life, once you go reddit, you dont come back.

- - - Updated - - -

yea may be they are all boring . Hardly any one comes online dese days , or post sum images .

Facebook can only be as interesting as the friends you have on it. Maybe you have boring friends !

- - - Updated - - -

Got it ::p

get a puppy. I would prefer labrador. you get to meet a lot of people during the morning walks :)

Back