Farcry2 Thread: Game Impressions

Switch

Skilled
The game is a mix of two or more games IMHO. Its like Jungle Car Sim meets GTA Series meets Mafia :p. These are just initial impressions. While nothing remotely is similar to original Farcry why in the hell is this Farcry 2. I guess ubisoft wanted to cash in on the Farcry franchise. They could have easily renamed the game "This is AFRICA" aka "TIA" like they say in the movie Blood Diamond.

These are just my initial impressions. Will keep adding as the game progresses. I already feel it will take quite a few weeks for me to complete. I just hope i stay hooked on to the game.

Also something really terrible in the game is the voice acting. Its just terrible and something not expected from ubisoft.

...Thanks Switch,

I will be taking my computer apart today and then taking it to Bhopal for Diwali Vacation just so that I can play this there...lol..

I am expecting a lot of good gameplay and they say it is about 30 odd hours long so thats interesting...

yeah its basically like stalker meets GTA....i think they have taken the non-linearity in games beyond limits..if its not named Far Cry 2 then this game would have gone unnoticed :p

karanboochra said:
lol @ Antidote . Ain't it good ? :(
its got mixed reports..some love it..some hate it.. :mad:

cant wait :clap:

Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Saint Row 2
Spider man web of shadows
Fallout 3
Bully
Silent hill homecoming
Red Alert 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Prince of Persia 4

Well as much as i want to play it, my work and home visit during diwali prevents me from starting this game. Will update in nov reg. my experience. From the screenshots, the graphics look dull - its brown everywhere...not very pleasing compared to 'green everywhere' :p

Errr... I think there is something that people are forgetting here. The colors change greatly to the change in 'time' of day in the game - Played at night, early in the morning and in the blinding heat of the afternoon and found the colors to be different everytime.

Maybe its just me :p But, I'd want every individual playing it to check and confirm. And screenshots definitely do not do justice to this game.

just put it up for 5 minutes..... amazing ...i can play even with a 7300 card ...albeit low graphics ...but hey i just want the bang bang and am not here to look at the trees and the smoke :p

Can anyone tell me how in the world to complete the main missions? How do you get it's indications on the map?

I have been at it for like 4 hours & it says only 4% complete. WTF! :mad:

How do you progress?

rPOk said:
^^ well its a long game :p
True but you need to have some clue as to where to go. Completing buddy mission doesn't increase my progress even by a single %. It feels like I'm playing for hours & nothing is being achieved. :(

Any clue for the people progressing faster?

Ethan_Hunt said:
True but you need to have some clue as to where to go. Completing buddy mission doesn't increase my progress even by a single %. It feels like I'm playing for hours & nothing is being achieved. :(

Any clue for the people progressing faster?

WTH ?? :S I've played for like 2 hrs and already at 8 or 9%. Which missions did you complete ?

@Freaky: Most of Qurbani Singh's missions. Now he has no more mission to provide when I'm at Mike's bar. Is this how I'm supposed to go or something else bigger than this? I can't figure out a dam thing in the map about the factions.

Back