Farcry2 Thread: Game Impressions

Naahh... Actually there are loads of shortcuts in-between the woods and the rivers and the buses which you can take to complete the missions... Also there are two maps in the game... The second map which comes after 50% of the game has much lesser driving then the first map...

Also guys at one point i got hold a glider in the game... But i could only fly for 10 seconds before i was shot down...

BTW forgot to post this one; most of you'd have already done it by now :p

You could actually set the ammo stacks (bullets, grenades etc) on fire with a grenade or a couple of shots and see the result. Its awesome. :D

Something of a first kind in any game I guess. Not even in Crysis. :p

But no clue if this'd happen in reality in case of bullet stacks.

Gunman said:
BTW forgot to post this one; most of you'd have already done it by now :p

You could actually set the ammo stacks (bullets, grenades etc) on fire with a grenade or a couple of shots and see the result. Its awesome. :D

Something of a first kind in any game I guess. Not even in Crysis. :p
But no clue if this'd happen in reality in case of bullet stacks.

Exactly :eek:hyeah: I once threw a grenade inside a shack I was in by mistake. It had an ammo stack. I stood away from the grenade thinking I was safe only to find the ammo stack go burst like crackers under my a** :rofl:

Did it again from a distance and it was wonderful to watch :p

i wanted to know whether this is a glitch or it's supposed to be this way...whenever i clear out a guards outpost and reduce it to a burning pile of s**t...dey respwan pretty quicky...it kinda gets pretty annoyin cos whenever u cross an outpost dey come after u in jeeps and it gets pretty repetitive...hope ubisoft comes out with a patch for this...

i've started playing this game finally - and it seems very boring....where's the action :( i'm all for mindless action...its a freakin fps not a storytelling and roaming around in cars!!!

rPOk said:
i've started playing this game finally - and it seems very boring....where's the action :( i'm all for mindless action...its a freakin fps not a storytelling and roaming around in cars!!!

Just make sure you dont go about doing the buddy missions. The game does not progress if you complete buddy missions. Head for the main ones. Those're pretty interesting. In the midst of it, you'll also run out of tablets. So you'll have to hunt for those as well. :)

As soon as you're allotted the main missions by the big bosses within the cease-fire zone and you come out of the building, you'll get a call from your buddy (a buddy mission!).

When you run out of tablets, you'll have to get them; which'd be another mission (mostly handing over the passports to the guy in exchange).

A legend is given that tells you what icon indicates what. Check it out. :)

Back