Farcry2 Thread: Game Impressions

lol this thread is confused! It seems as you start playing this game, you would not want to play it at all. But once you've played it a bit, you'll keep on playing it and showing off your tongues :p no matter ur earlier opinions...

For me, i gotta find time to start the game first - lol

the graphics looks gud, but not great compared to crysis. The jungles, desert everything looks gud. The gameplay and the shooting is dumb, especially AI. no story.

Single Player is bit less repetitive than Assassin's Creed at most. I could not play this game for more than 1 hour a day without getting bored. Have to agree with the above poster about the "no story" part too.

The min specs for this game state that it requires Pentium 4 3.2GHZ. I have P4 2.93GHZ, XFX 8600GT and 2GB RAM. Will this work on med/low on my PC?

I'm still playing it :S

I can't explain it.. I hate the game, I hate the driving, I hate the repetitive missions, I hate the voiceovers.. But somehow it keeps pulling me back..

I guess it's because of the unique setting. I love the graphics and the environment/atmosphere in general. Weapons are great and the explosions are amazing. That's about the only explanation I can give about why I keep playing it over better games like Fallout 3.

techster said:
I'm still playing it :S

I can't explain it.. I hate the game, I hate the driving, I hate the repetitive missions, I hate the voiceovers.. But somehow it keeps pulling me back..

I guess it's because of the unique setting. I love the graphics and the environment/atmosphere in general. Weapons are great and the explosions are amazing. That's about the only explanation I can give about why I keep playing it over better games like Fallout 3.

^QFT :p.....

^^ I think the real reason people are playing it is because it's just a slickly produced open world game. Clear Sky, Fallout 3 and Warhead were about the only other open world games that people were anticipating this year. Clear Sky was a buggy mess (initially), Warhead was too short and linear, and Fallout 3, no matter how great the gameplay, doesn't really break any new ground in the graphics department. So here's Farcry 2, with it's great graphics, complete freedom to do whatever you want, no crashes, very nice weapons etc.. And the African setting is very unique and part of its appeal. Gamespot made a good point: It squeezes every last drop out of the African setting.

So in a month filled with semi-great releases, this one stands out for its simplicity, stylish execution and lack of pretense. The more you play it, the more you actually start liking it. Now kill me for revising my initial opinion about the game :p

i completed it yesterday... :eek:hyeah:
btw those who have completed the game... what did ya guys choose?? battery or the bag??

i completed the game..............................................

the game rocks...........

i took the diamonds.......

either way the game is gona end the same way............

Okey... I finished the game about three days back and i have started playing it again... Maybe cause this time i will drive and complete all the side and buddy missions along with the main ones and will try different guns :)

And seriously guys... I believe you all should start playing it again...

Hmm I haven't read all the reviews.. but I actually liked the game. I wasnt interested in playing at all, as I had found Farcry 1 totally rubbish...

As Techster says, its the setting. I absolutely loved the African setting, only thing I dint like was the constant non-indulging outpost action. They should have reduced that a lil..

Aces170 said:
As Techster says, its the setting. I absolutely loved the African setting, only thing I dint like was the constant non-indulging outpost action. They should have reduced that a lot..

Fixed :p All those who persisted with the game after the initial few hours would go on to love it :D

Switch said:
Okey... I finished the game about three days back and i have started playing it again... Maybe cause this time i will drive and complete all the side and buddy missions along with the main ones and will try different guns :)

And seriously guys... I believe you all should start playing it again...

wtf :S hehe....i've started with fallout3 - hate the talking part - love the graphics....will start with Far Cry 2 also....now wait for my flame throwing (pun intended)

i started playing the game......found it little boring ...kinda mixture of GTA and FC1......it requires patience to play it.BUT now i really like it, a true African feeling.

Back