Farcry2 Thread: Game Impressions

Switch said:
Nahh... Warhead was pretty decent... And so was DMC4, Assassian's creed and Mass effect :)

not to forget Fallout 3... Seems like few peeps have given it a perfect score...

Already played on console :p

and thats the point in my rant, you pay so much bloody money upgrading you PC and there is not a single game out there or is coming out that i know of thats made me look into my computer specs and wish "Hope my pc is able to run this" and this is not because of the eye candy but just the anticipation so that you dont get left out

i guess way OT in this thread hehe :p

Rave said:
Already played on console :p

and thats the point in my rant, you pay so much bloody money upgrading you PC and there is not a single game out there or is coming out that i know of thats made me look into my computer specs and wish "Hope my pc is able to run this" and this is not because of the eye candy but just the anticipation so that you dont get left out

i guess way OT in this thread hehe :p

Hmmm... Not a bad observation at all. You're thinking, kiddo :rofl:

Okay guys I was desperate to get my hands on it for the PS3, now I am having second thoughts. How is the multiplayer, map editor? Should I go ahead with the buy?

This is a pretty decent game if not a great one. What ruined it for most is that its named Farcry 2 which makes people expect something completely different. Had this game been named something else, I guess, there would have been takers for this game. True its a letdown as a game in the farcry franchise, but its still a pretty good one.

Its a open world action game like Just Cause, STALKER or Scarface. Not everyone likes such games. I personally liked this game and have been played it for 9 hours now and I will be playing it till the end. There are some problems with the game and there could have been more content in the game, but still its not too bad. As for repetitiveness, almost every open world game is repetitive. GTA series is the height of repetitiveness for that matter. You see the same cars, repetitive building interiors, people with same faces and clothing and what not.

As for the Engine itself, DUNIA is amazing just like the COD4 engine. The graphics on Ultra High settings are far better than Crysis on High and I get a lot better frame rate than Crysis does. The engine also seems to be scaling well for multi-core processors.

Lord Nemesis said:
This is a pretty decent game if not a great one. What ruined it for most is that its named Farcry 2 which makes people expect something completely different. Had this game been named something else, I guess, there would have been takers for this game. True its a letdown as a game in the farcry franchise, but its still a pretty good one.

Its a open world action game like Just Cause, STALKER or Scarface. Not everyone likes such games. I personally liked this game and have been played it for 9 hours now and I will be playing it till the end. There are some problems with the game and there could have been more content in the game, but still its not too bad. As for repetitiveness, almost every open world game is repetitive. GTA series is the height of repetitiveness for that matter. You see the same cars, repetitive building interiors, people with same faces and clothing and what not.

As for the Engine itself, DUNIA is amazing just like the COD4 engine. The graphics on Ultra High settings are far better than Crysis on High and I get a lot better frame rate than Crysis does. The engine also seems to be scaling well for multi-core processors.

Everybody agrees to the fact that open ended games are repetitive. The fact that pisses a gamer are neatly given in the thread at XS. Enemies who know exactly where to shoot, guard posts which get populated as soon as you move out of the area its located (Understandable that being set in a scenario where any rebel could take up position in a guard post) but the fact that you fight the same set of guys up and down one single mission is what makes it bad.

Not to forget that all major missions involve traveling extensively from one corner to the other through same routes (You'll probably exhaust all routes in about 3 ~ 5 hrs of gameplay), through checkposts that involve a fight both on your way up and down makes it frustrating to say the least.

Antidote said:
yeah its basically like stalker meets GTA....i think they have taken the non-linearity in games beyond limits..if its not named Far Cry 2 then this game would have gone unnoticed :p

STALKER - now that's a superb game. Only the walking around gets monotonous, else 9.5/10 for realism, atmosphere and action.

i am on 8%, the desert gold mission one. its irritating and tiring now to play. anyone has a decent trainer for the game. i have a few but then games behave weird, till now i have not cheated, i know soon i shall :bleh:

very disaapointed to read all these bad reviews about this farcry2 game as i was expecting a lot and waiting for this game for ages :( .heartbroken :S

Actually if you think of it... Farcry 2 was already out... We all know it as Crysis... Now just hoping Crysis third installment to be better then warhead...

The game is buggy sure as hell. for being an open world it is a closed ended game in terms of linear gameplay... atlest in the first part. One of the point is to scope the point , which i did, i saw a few people and killed them. Themission didnt even start actually because i was not standing at the right place to scope the out. what a dimwitted game.

to top it all off, my guy ( i picked the mauritian ) is such a pansy, starts fainting and falling all throught africa due to malaria. Vision gets blurry because he runs for 5 seconds, jee whiz, while i was in a car too. when i woke up i couldnt find a car nearby and had to walk all the way.

I had more fun playing with mudballs ( read World of Goo )

Nowhere near farcry, or like it. Playing it on and will update u guys if something interesting comes up, pretty much like playing a better version of san andreas though, is all I can say.

Back