Feedback on elcytec.com

I had the same question. Then I read online on a few comments that they were a fraud company posting ads all over OLX for graphics cards. The website seems suspicious to me. For so low prices, they must be popular, if they sold genuinely. I checked their facebook page too. On their posts, the comments are always "Fake. Fake website".

I can confirm this website is a fraud. I came across them on OLX and their site looked legit but the prices of GPUs were raising red flags for me.
They were, very generously, offering Cash on Delivery but the caveat being I have to pay 500 bucks for "handling charges" and the rest I can pay on delivery! This was the first time I encountered a scam where they were not looking for a huge sum of money to order the product.
My doubts further rose when they charge this "handling charge" per item in the order. I was willing to order 1 GPU at that price even though I was 99% sure this is going to be a scam but the risk to reward was just 500 bucks loss versus getting a GPU at half the market price.
I ended up taking the wager which, of course, failed in the end.
It has been 2 months since I placed the order and I haven't received a single communication from them of course.
And their address and phone numbers all look dodgy to me. The phone number doesn't even exist.

So yes, please don't get duped by this.

P.S. Attached proof of the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
@amitlath Thanks man! Totally forgot! I am new to the sub and don't see an intuitive way to edit my message.
Do you know how to?
I see an option to edit this message and I did here also but not the one with the attachment.
If any admin/mod is reading this, please help out.
@vyral_143 Sorry to bug you but I interacted with you recently on a thread and know you are a staff member.
Can you please help me remove/edit the attachment in my previous post in this thread:

Would be really grateful! Sorry for tagging you here but as the screenshot has my personal details (forgot to redact), I got a bit worried.

Last edited:
@amitlath Thanks man! Totally forgot! I am new to the sub and don't see an intuitive way to edit my message.
Do you know how to?
I see an option to edit this message and I did here also but not the one with the attachment.
If any admin/mod is reading this, please help out.
@vyral_143 Sorry to bug you but I interacted with you recently on a thread and know you are a staff member.
Can you please help me remove/edit the attachment in my previous post in this thread:

Would be really grateful! Sorry for tagging you here but as the screenshot has my personal details (forgot to redact), I got a bit worried.

Done !

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to the people who ordered something from our website last year. When we went live, we received an overwhelming response and we were not expecting that kind of demand as we were promoting our website through OLX only. We had to cancel many orders and initiate refunds as we couldn't arrange many ordered items because of the supply constraints but now we think we can serve our customers a lot better.

Since then, we have tremendously improved our services and fixed our supply issues and now we have shifted more towards "Audio" categories. We try to provide partial "Cash on delivery" on numerous items for that we charge a fee that covers shipping and packaging expenses and also prevents the order from getting rejected at the time of delivery. We don't operate on high margins so, we have to keep the rejections as low as possible to generate some amount of profits to fuel the business operations.

We have also launched a new service where one can request the product pictures and other product related info before making the purchase for a nominal fee and ascertain the quality and authenticity of the product that is going to be delivered.

For more information you can also visit our improved website (https://elcytec.com), Instagram page (@elcytec) and YouTube channel (@elcytec8269)

We are currently reachable via WhatsApp (+91 8882514197 ), Instagram (@elcytec), Email (support@elcytec.com) and Text Message (+91 8882514197 ) and will soon be answering queries on the call.

a new service where one can request the product pictures and other product related info before making the purchase
i believe in the e-commerce business this is referred to as the "product page" or "product listing". It's a pretty new concept, I admit, so you might not have heard of it, but check it out, it could compete with your new service.

i believe in the e-commerce business this is referred to as the "product page" or "product listing". It's a pretty new concept, I admit, so you might not have heard of it, but check it out, it could compete with your new service.
Lol I think they were referring to the actual unit (the unit of the product you will be shipped) pics not just generic product pics.

Has anyone used elcytec.com? Are they genuine and trustworthy?
Beware of the lucrative offers. Don't fall prey to the repeat offenders.
I am sharing my story as it happened.
Unbiased, no spices added.
I was using mi headphones during my treadmill run in gym, which I thought of upgrading.
I was stuck on Marshall major 4 but didn't find it value for money as the headphones didn't even come with ANC
I used to check prices for this on Google routinely.
One day I came across this elcytec website showing Marshall major 4 for 9000.
I ran through it and came to know that the product will be used/demo/unsealed with app 6 months warranty.
I started surfing further and saw some Bose headphones too.
I liked Bose QC 35.
The sealed, brand new headphones were available for 14000 but were out of stock.
The MRP of these was app 29000 but sold for app 23000 on all major platforms before they were stopped by the company for QC 45.
As of now brand new QC 45 even from Bose showroom or Amazon or Reliance or Croma will cost approximately 23000.
As new sealed QC 35 were not available, the next best option was ALMOST NEW/ NEXT TO NEW WITH ONLY SEAL OPENED QC 35, which were available for 12000.
These came with 6 months warranty.
NOW COMES MY EXPERIENCE.
The. Company has provided a contact number, only for WhatsApp and an email Id for queries.
I asked them both on email and WhatsApp about accessories, box, invoice and warranty.
My main concern was warranty by Bose or the company, which I know nothing of.
The ELCYTEC didn't reply in 2-3 days.
They don't reply at all or will reply after 2 days.
They said their products were legit.
THEY NEVER COMMENTED ABOUT WARRANTY.
You will feel like that they are donating you something for free.
Anyways I purchased the same for 12000 Rs.
The product came within 4 days.
THE BOX WAS TORN BUT WAS THERE.
THERE WAS NO AUDIO CABLE.
THERE WAS NO INVOICE.
The product looked legitimate, however I don't know how to check authenticity with Bose website but the headphones connected to Bose connect app immediately.
As per the company policy of raising objection regarding missing accessories within 24 hours, I did send them email and WhatsApp.
NO REPLY FROM THEM FOR 3 DAYS.
The company has 7 days return policy for manufacturing defects.
THEIR ENTIRE EFFORTS ARE TO BYEPASS THESE 7 DAYS.
They said to send invoice in next 24 hours.
But in reality, I got the invoice only after 7 days passed.
FUNNY THING IS AFTER THE RETURN POLICY GOT OVER, THEY SAID THAT YOU WILL GET 6 MONTHS WARRANTY FROM US AND NOT FROM BOSE.
In the last conversation, they said that you will receive your missing audio cable by 20-8 but I have not received it even on 27-8.
Pros-
Cheap, legitimate products as far as I know
Cons-
ZERO COMMUNICATION, ZERO SERVICE, MISSING ACCESSORIES, LATE INVOICE, NO PHYSICAL PERSON TO TALK TO
Overall I will like to avoid it.
A person who is buying 12000 Rs headphones can very well buy 23000 Rs headphones as well.
Atleast you can be sure of authenticity and prompt service.
Avoid it.
Buy at your risk knowing that there will be no support, what so ever if things go south.
Hope it helps.

Back