Few pics of my AV rig ( nearly complete now)

Thanks everybody for their kind words

sajitsm said:
btw, Where did u get your phones recabled? not in India, I suppose...

I did the headphone recabling myself.DIY FTW.

m-jeri said:
NICE setup...

how did u hooked the wires to wall??...

where did u get it??.. cost???

These are just the normal wire "catchers" you get at the electrician's shop. Nothing too expensive.

titana said:
that was locally, here at Delhi, few months back . I believe it should be cheaper by now.

BTW is there a dealership for Marantz in India? Also service centers? I'm looking for the 8003 etc, more interested in CD/SA-CD then video.

^ hehehe hopefully we will have a mini audio-gear audition meet in Mumbai soon.:)

By the way some Aussie member on head-fi selling a used HD 650 for ~12k-13k. My hands are itching to get it but no cash or cancel/downgrade another upcoming purchase :p Incase anyone out here is interested ,should get it .I guess it's a very good deal considering new one costs 20-25k here in India.

^^first, the new cable is 5m long & allows me to enjoy headphones from the bed.:lazy:

Sound wise, DT880 bass has tightened up a bit & the treble has better definition now. The effects are not huge but are an improvement none the less.Well worth the price !

Yes, I am looking to buy a tube amp for the beyers but will get the DAC first.

BTW, did you compare the usb inputs on gamma2?

Oh yes.

The difference is not that much.. just little more separation and better staging. Bass extension and treble are more or less the same... I think the difference I heard from time to time was placebo. IMO, not worth spending $75.

The Gamma-2 has a really nice USB input.

But Im glad I did get the Musiland as I found out the hard way and confirmed on head-fi that the Gamma-2 can only take 16bit-48k max.. it cant take 24-96 unless in DS.

And I have quite a lot of 24-96 files.. so the musiland helps out there.

Note : the output was the WA6.. I didn't use the Gamma-2 HP output at all.

Back