Fiber internet recommendations in Pune

mayank0623

Disciple
I'm looking to get a fixed line connection to my apartment near stanza living Livermore house in Pune, can any viman nagar residents let me know what ISP provides steady, reliable services for reasonable prices with minimal outages? Can't shift my Xstream connection here since it isn't available in my area, hence looking for other options.

Check if you have ISP like Airtel or Jio available? If yes you can go with them and if not, check if you have Hathway or Tikona?
If above options are not availbale, Local ISP are the only option.

Check if you have ISP like Airtel or Jio available? If yes you can go with them and if not, check if you have Hathway or Tikona?
If above options are not availbale, Local ISP are the only option.
Airtel is not available, Jio fiber person will check and let me know by today evening. Tata is available here for sure but I've never used their internet, not sure about hathway and tikona

STAY AWAY FROM TIKONA
That's the impression I got from some reddit reviews as well
Update: jio only offers airfiber in my locality, does anyone know how it compares to ftth in regards to performance, reliability and latency? Other than that I have options for bsnl fiber and hathway

Last edited:
Airtel is not available, Jio fiber person will check and let me know by today evening. Tata is available here for sure but I've never used their internet, not sure about hathway and tikona
Go with Tata Fiber, its second best to Airtel in Pune. If Airtel is not feasible in your area then doubt Jio will be available. I have tried both Airtel and Tata, both are almost similar, however I have felt slower speeds on Tata during peak evening hours.

Airtel is not available, Jio fiber person will check and let me know by today evening.

2-3yr back, was in Sakore Nagar near haytt, Airtel (copper) was available. Can you double check and ensure local dealers are not trying to stop you from getting airtel.
I would recommend against jio, its big time headache. PITA if you would wfh and need office VPN, etc, too many ports blocked... and you cant make them understand.
I was forced to take switched to airtel in the 1st month itself, that time copper available with max speed 40mbps, i'm sure they have upgraded to fiber by now.
if not, go for tata.. (else use 5G form phone/airtel AirFiber).

TIKONA, if you don't have a lawyer in your family who has nothing to do better in their career, don't even think about it.
Hathway is now, Jio, but still operates in its old/independent infrastructures or in Jio's lines.. but you wil face issues same as jio, except the customer care wil spek with you politely.

Last edited:
2-3yr back, was in Sakore Nagar near haytt, Airtel (copper) was available. Can you double check and ensure local dealers are not trying to stop you from getting airtel.
I would recommend against jio, its big time headache. PITA if you would wfh and need office VPN, etc, too many ports blocked... and you cant make them understand.
I was forced to take switched to airtel in the 1st month itself, that time copper available with max speed 40mbps, i'm sure they have upgraded to fiber by now.

TIKONA, if you don't have a lawyer in your family who has nothing to do better in their career, don't even think about it.
I tried getting Airtel twice, once booked a new connection and once tried to transfer my old connection from another city, both times the Airtel installation person called and said that fixed line isn't available in my locality . Think I'll go with tata

If its underground then that will be the most reliable.

Several months back Airtel tried to push fiber. Asked them if their optic cables were underground or not. When they told them that was not the case I rejected their fibre offer.

They tried several times to get me to change my mind saying copper connection will be disconnected etc. I dared them to go ahead. They gave up after.

Nothing beats an underground cable for reliability. If your data, needs can't be met with copper then you pays your money and takes your chances. I'd still keep a copper connection for backup.

Back