FIFA World cup 2010 discussion thread

So, any predictions for tonight?

I really hope England does well tonight. But I have a bad feeling about that game.

And I hope Germans dont screw it up tonight. (Unlikely to happen with this team.)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Crap!

England won, but USA scored in added time taking them top of the group. That means England will most likely meet Germany if they win against Ghana today. Too early for these teams to meet :(

I hope england faces germany and dies a horrible death, they donot deserve all this attention they seem to garner ! :)

gogo USA and the mighty donovan :)

Yep, have to agree on this one, US topping England, despite having two perfectly legal goals disallowed (!)

Why is it the smaller teams play with everything they have and the more established ones just take it easy.

England played well in the first half but the second one they looked like Greece, world beaters they are not.

Wat a match ... was a beauty to watch the Slovaks defeat the Romans .. best match of this WC till now .. the Slovaks deserved the win .. :)

Wow, What a win Japan.. Also, Italy out of the world cup :O

We're gonna get shocking results in Round of 16 too :p Remember my first post in this thread ;)

Round of 16 teams -

Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina, Korea Republic, USA, England, Germany, Ghana, Netherlands, Japan, Paraguay, Slovakia, Brazil, Portugal, Chile, [Switzerland/Spain]

Round of 16 matches -

Uruguay Vs. Korea Republic - 26th June

USA Vs. Ghana - 26th June

Germany Vs. England - 27th June

Argentina Vs. Mexico - 27th June

Netherlands Vs. Slovakia - 28th June

Brazil/Portugal Vs. Chile/Spain/Swiss - 28th June - to be finalized

Paraguay Vs. Japan - 29th June

Chile/Spain/Swiss Vs. Brazil vs. Portugal - 29th June - to be finalized

Of the commentators we've heard so far which do you prefer ?

Dave Woods
Gary Bloom
John Helm
Kevin Keatings
Steve Banyard

My vote goes to John Helm, no contest, full of energy and gives you a summary whilst the ball is in play of every player that touches it. He does quite a bit of homework before a game begins as this old article shows.

He's quite entertaining as well :)

Villa is class !!...but there r some dirty cheaters in that spanish team who are hell bent on gettin the opposition players sent off.
Feeling really bad for chile....they have played some real good stuff at this WC....looks like they r gonna b out. :(

^^^...they hav pulled back a goal....but fabregas just in...hes gonna finish this game. :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

yeaaa !! Chile r through....happy for them. :)

cheers.

But look who they play tho..Brazil :fear:

What is outstanding is all five S.American teams made it through.

Will this be a pure S.American final ?

Round of 16 matches -

Uruguay Vs. Korea Republic - 26th June

USA Vs. Ghana - 26th June

Germany Vs. England - 27th June

Argentina Vs. Mexico - 27th June

Netherlands Vs. Slovakia - 28th June

Brazil Vs. Chile - 28th June

Paraguay Vs. Japan - 29th June

Spain Vs. Portugal - 29th June

Back