Audio Fiio E7 availablity in india

greenhorn

Patron
Apart from a post By A Certain Ex-Dealer claiming to get it within a week back in february, i can't find info about this particular Fiio.

anyone has any idea?

The actual production units of the Fiio E7 are not yet out .The ones floating around a few sites are most probably prototypes / review samples.The newer ones will have a upgraded firmware (can't be done by users) and some final touches.

Anyways why would you want to go for an E7 ? The initial reviews haven't been so great. There are much better options @ the 100$ price point .

FaH33m said:
The actual production units of the Fiio E7 are not yet out .The ones floating around a few sites are most probably prototypes / review samples.The newer ones will have a upgraded firmware (can't be done by users) and some final touches.

Anyways why would you want to go for an E7 ? The initial reviews haven't been so great. There are much better options @ the 100$ price point .

I'm in the same boat. While the E7 is only looking to be marginally better than the E5, it just looks so damn awesome! XD
That alone is not reason enough to buy one, agreed, but I have a feeling the retail version will be a bit better than the review samples.

BTW Faheem, when you say there are more options in this range, you mean the Nuforce icon mobile right? Anything else? Thanks heaps! :)

nuforce udac is the best dac you can get at that budget or the small 'decent' dac sunny bought last year

better wait for e7 reviews to be out before deciding on it...unless you get one to review :p

It looks like a mini-brick with good finish,anyways looks can be subjective ;). Here's what my dream amp is like - super sleeek and capable of driving even a HD650 they say.

Headphonia.com - Headstage Arrow 12HE (High Efficiency)

OR

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f61/headamp-pico-slim-portable-amplifier-424448/( Someone's already ordered it on TE :O )

^Only if I had the moolah or didn't have to decide between a pair of better cans or portable map as the future upgrade :(

@Greenhorn, if its only a DAC that you need, look at the NuForce uDAC -sounds brilliant for the price and its amp is good enough to drive entry level cans easily.If you need an amp + DAC the Icon mobile looks like a good option.Both are slightly above your budget (E7~80$).Even the hot audio DAC that BF1983 has and maybe plans to sell is really good for the price.

I'm not looking for any Hi end stuff :ashamed:
something to drive my EP 630's and HP 805's better than the crappy onboard realteks

Detail, I'm not too worried about.

Drive - I like to crank it up :eek:hyeah: is what i need :D

^Buy a uDAC then. Suits your budget and in the due course of your MBA pursuit should you upgrade your headphones from the EP630/HP 805 to something slightly better, it'd drive those as well. :p

Rockfella said:
^ u want to blow money for looks?

I'm ashamed, but yes, I am considering it. :ashamed:
Ironically, I'm from the "function over form" camp about 99% of the time. :p

@Guys recommending the uDAC
I don't think that would work for someone looking for a portable amp. + DAC would it? AFAIK it has no battery. The Icon mobile is a more oranges to oranges comparison. Correct me if I am wrong though.

EDIT: Just Faheem's post in whole. Any other alternatives for an amp+DAC?

Whats up with you guys suggesting the udac ? He wants a portable DAC/AMP !!!!

I would suggest you get my Meier Corda Porta III but it looks like an ambassador car in front of the Merc (E7) !

But performance wise the Ambassador will smoke the Merc ! :D

Otherwise the Nuforce Icon Mobile is the only reasonably priced AMP+DAC that comes to mind.

BF1983 said:
I would suggest you get my Meier Corda Porta III but it looks like an ambassador car in front of the Merc (E7) !
Otherwise the Nuforce Icon Mobile is the only reasonably priced AMP+DAC that comes to mind.

Thanks. I guess thats a case of unclear requirements :ashamed:

I guess i really do need a DAC/AMP as opposed to a just a DAC.

FaH33m said:
It looks like a mini-brick with good finish,anyways looks can be subjective ;). Here's what my dream amp is like - super sleeek and capable of driving even a HD650 they say.
Headphonia.com - Headstage Arrow 12HE (High Efficiency)
[

Unfortunately that is not true. I was under the same impression as you that the HD650 was not too hard to drive. I used to think even my Ibasso P3+ could drive them well as I got sufficient volume. But the Audio-GD Compass has really proved me wrong. :ashamed:

BF1983 said:

Greenie's OP asks for a DAC

greenhorn said:
Thanks. I guess thats a case of unclear requirements :ashamed:

I guess i really do need a DAC/AMP as opposed to a just a DAC.

wtf.. you can't keep changing your mind like this :mad:

stalker said:

Yes but I kept asking about an AMP+DAC and got ignored for the most part :( :p
You guys mean srs bsns when it comes to thread pirates. XD

stalker said:
Sorry, I guess when I posted this

greenhorn said:
I'm not looking for any Hi end stuff :ashamed:

something to drive my EP 630's and HP 805's better than the crappy onboard realteks
Detail, I'm not too worried about.
Drive - I like to crank it up :eek:hyeah: is what i need :D
I had something that could do duty as an AMP as well in mind :ashamed:
thats also the reason why I had zeroed in on the E7 in the first place

Back