Audio Final earphone Upgrade budget 20K

bah ... the FR is BS ...i cant believe that ..ie8 v/s D5000 curve, from what i have read about the bass.

VK, try the TF10 am sure you will like them ,and i am also sure the bass will be less for your liking , inspite that you will like the bass! but when ever you get a chance do try the ie8 :).

BTW you have 20K budget right , why not make a trip to mumbai to try out IE8 :p

miles davis are pritty good :) but IE8 is the only universal that MIGHT give him the lelvel of bass he wants ,

lol, he has already bought the tF10 BTW

strategy said:
lol, he has already bought the tF10 BTW
I know! But, you also bought Miracle, did it stop you from getting FX700? It's like that :eek:hyeah:

That's a good deal on MD. Since all Monster IEMs are over priced to begin with, it's good to see some sane level of pricing (even though I'd like them around the $200-250 mark more than the current $300-350 mark). From ljokerl's review:

The Miles Davis Tribute is undoubtedly a bass-heavy earphone at heart. Like the Turbine Pro Gold, the MD boasts great bass depth and hits very hard. The amount of sub-bass on the MD Tributes trumps all but the FutureSonics Atrio and possibly an IE8 with maxed-out bass. The resulting sound is very full and usually quite pleasant. However, the bass of the MD is more prone to sounding ‘excessive’ than that of the Coppers or Golds, which is not to say that it is lacking control (at least not when given enough power) but rather a reflection of the relative weight of the bass - those nauseated by brain-shaking bass response will probably want to steer clear of the MD. For an in-ear earphone the drivers of the MD can really move a whole lot of air – if there’s any earphone that Monster can justifiably dub an ‘in-ear speaker’, the MD Tribute is it.

Since he is not even impressed by Atrios, I am not sure if he will be satisfied by anything that's out there. Probably his only chances are IE8, MD (does not have detachable cable, but has one time replacement even if you break it) in that order [or] a headphone [or] a custom IEM with 6 bass drivers + 1 mid + 1 high. Anyways, hope he somehow gets satisfied with TF10's good bass.

Guys.. thanks a lot for all your suggestions and views.
Here is the plan. I will try the TF 10's for some time, if I dont link I am confident enough that I can sell these at a good price. If it is not sold, I can go for customs , which improves tha bass.

if it is sold will go wither with westome 3/sm3/IE8/Monster

yeah ...the early birds tell that the bass of new and cheap 1968 (edit ....its 1964 :p ) is very god ....rest of the spectrum is not that good though ....but the bass is being praised on the head-fi thread.

@ santosh : hmm, yeah the the MD turbine look good , and joker's words " brain shaking" sure make it seem that they are meant for VK.

@strategy,

Can you point me to the thread or posts where they say 1964 ears mids are lacking etc.,?

To my knowledge only a few have it right now: ericp10 who considers the "Q" better than any of his universals (SM3, FX700. He also had/has DDM, MD, e-Q7, HJE900, TF10 etc.,), ljokerl has the trips and another has both Q and T (T is for his wife, I guess). I've not read so far about "not so good" qualities of mids or highs.

Besides, this is new and I won't expect a bad review / negative review for a few months in head-fi ;)

hi,

I was a little aghast to hear your description on the kind of bass you need. The ones you like to hear in a Disco or being churned out by the cars, is not natural bass. The "Disco" uses special bass tubes and they also have artificially added sub 20 Hz sound, which generates a pressure in your ears but you cant hear them. (you may see the fabric of your shirt move though). They can damage your ears! I was bowled over by the fact that you didnt care about the mids. "mids" are the sound that we use when we talk or sing songs, the most important aspect of music.

At 20K, its rarely manufactures will like to dwell upon your choice of sound signature. However here are some popular headphones which have pronounced bass ..... IE8 and HippoVB, JVC Marshmallows etc. All of course are at a different price point. None however including the ones recommended by the forum members can give you the "bass" you are looking for and may be you will be disappointed.

Hopefully he will adjust to the TF10s and wont feel the need to spend anymore. Nvk , try and get that need of extra bass removed from your head and your wallet as well as you will be much happier. Try and focus on the other finer aspects of music like the detailing and natural sound of instruments , the beautiful vocals .This is where the heart of music is . You could also become a treble lover with the TF10s if you enjoy the micro-detailing it provides. Even in the bass - try and capture those amazing textures of bass and the deep sub bass in a few tracks to enjoy your music .Basically when you are spending so much you need to concentrate on the Quality and not quantity. If mammoth amount of bass is all that you needed I wouldn't have suggested you to spend so much. A hippo Boom or even the MEE R1 would have been sufficient.The wooden R1 especially is best at producing unbearable (personally) bass :p

I just feel its all in the head , you make some adjustments there and things should be much better for you.. or else the only option left for you will be to make your own IEM which shakes you top to bottom :rofl: .

I am tuning my mind for TF10. Let me listen and will keep you guyz posted.

I have the Hippo Boom as well. Listened to it for 10 min, felt like they have bass less than ME M6. I guess its being out of the box. Let me burn in and listen to it

esanthosh said:
@strategy,

Can you point me to the thread or posts where they say 1964 ears mids are lacking etc.,?

To my knowledge only a few have it right now: ericp10 who considers the "Q" better than any of his universals (SM3, FX700. He also had/has DDM, MD, e-Q7, HJE900, TF10 etc.,), ljokerl has the trips and another has both Q and T (T is for his wife, I guess). I've not read so far about "not so good" qualities of mids or highs.

Besides, this is new and I won't expect a bad review / negative review for a few months in head-fi ;)
I read it all hastly i think thre is no post in which they state that the mids are lacking ...but they do say its signature is bassheavy (the quad).
Also , only a hand ful have the, i cant say i trust them completely ....yeah even ericp ...( he is just a fx700 fanboy :p )

lol btw, fx700 is praised a lot in that thread! :p

@pristinenote & faheem ..: i think he meant , he is satisfied with the mids that he gets from the headphone he has tried, its all good as long as he cvan get better and heavier bass :).

VK, are your TF10 here :O , and DO try the IE8 if you get the chance, cause i get a feeling that you want the mid bass that is plentiful in them. tf 10 are also good in mid bass but the lower end of tf10 is more balanced while IE8 have a mid bass hump :)

strategy said:
Also , only a hand ful have the, i cant say i trust them completely ....yeah even ericp ...( he is just a fx700 fanboy :p )

ericp10 is a guy who likes timbre, texture, warmer, let's say "musical" signature. It's clearer from his rankings ;)

thenvk said:
I am tuning my mind for TF10. Let me listen and will keep you guyz posted

On topic, TF10 to my ears is very enjoyable and doesn't have too many dips or spikes to make it harsh - in short inoffensive. I guess this is your first Balanced Armature phone. Watch for speed, clarity, how it positions instruments in space, how easy it is to decipher different instruments playing during complex passages, how it presents all the aspects of music even at reduced volume levels etc., At the end of it all, it's your ears, your requirement and hence your decision - just give it sometime before deciding otherwise.

I still feel you can audition IE8 accepting the invite from red dragon. It's a completely different beast, which might appeal to you better. If IE8's bass is not enough for you, you can give up IEMs and go for headphones or even better speakers with a dedicated sub-woofer. Those would provide you more for lesser money because probably only JH16 and the likes with 4 dedicated bass drivers are your next choice in IEMs.

^ and mids?

Also how much custom duty?

Mids, I need some time to tell..

Customs...I don't know.. Finally got them through ICCworld for 10.5k as frnd who is supposed to come this month is coming in March

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorry for crappy pics.. but they are huge . Once pic comparing with v moda vibe and one with Cowon D2

Back