Finally....

apollyon said:
na i think hes removed the grills

But I'm damn sure the design has changed. My sub looks a lot different when the grill's removed with those 8 holes clearly visible. This looks a lot glossy. Nevertheless an MX is always an MX. :p

Let the burn-in happen over time and it'll sound even sweeter.

ROCKFELLA said:
NO Rs. 4500 is way too high! I mentioned that the price was high!!!! Not current!!! man u heard about the game chinese whisper? google it :cool2:
The buyer is a 14 year old boy who was ripped!! :mad: :no:

Okiez! Gat it.

thanks everyone :). hehehe ..

thanks to Phoenix ive even got some latest games and HD movies..but for that i will have to wait till weekend..:p no time during weekdays.

@ gannu ..the cloth grill on the woofer was removed by me ..

by the way a small problem,

even though i have removed the jumper from the HDD so that it runs in SATA II mode ..

i am getting max internal data transfer rates at 35 mbps (measured using teracopy ). isnt that slow..

any setting in the BIOS ?

Awesome rig buddy :happy: , highly deserved. Thanks for gr8 PICs.

Observations -

Set LCD sharpness to 4 (Max)

Run memory in dual channel (Same colored RAM slots)

Always faster HDD for OS & Games.

congratulations faheem! i guess you were waiting a long time for the upgrade! and WHAT an upgrade! :hap2:

i wish my dad would have given me so much cash to blow for my pc. :p nevertheless im quite happy with my system.
FaH33m said:
thanks everyone :).
by the way a small problem,
even though i have removed the jumper from the HDD so that it runs in SATA II mode ..
i am getting max internal data transfer rates at 35 mbps (measured using teracopy ). isnt that slow..
any setting in the BIOS ?

check if DMA mode is enabled in hardware properties.

viralbug said:
check if DMA mode is enabled in hardware properties.

yeah checked the DMA mode using HD tune software.

it shows DMA mode 5. active

and HDD supports DMA mode 6.

why is it not working in DMA mode 6 ??

here are a few screenshots.. of HD Tune please let me know if anythings not normal.:S

the main reason i am confused..is while copying files from 1 partition to another (same drive) the data transfer rate is ~ 25-30 mbps ..

using windows XP SP2.(teracopy software for file copying)

while when i used the same HDD internally in my friends PC with Vista SP1 installed the copy rate is ~60-65 mbps

why such huge difference in data transfer rate ?

is 25-30 mbps normal in XP ?:huh:

ive removed the jumper behind the ST2500320AS (500gb) so that it works in SATA II(3gb\s) mode.

also i checked the BIOS settings for storage configuration.

here's what i found.

can some please explain which options need to be selected ?

1)SATA Config

a)disabled

b)Compatiable

c)Enhanced (selected)

2) Config Sata as

IDE (selelcted)

RAID

AHCI

isnt AHCI the faster mode ? but if i select AHCI Win XP doesnt boot :no:

maybe because AHCI drivers need to be installed while installing Windows XP !

any significant improvement in AHCI mode ?

wooh ! show off thread ..turned into trouble shooting thread:rofl:maybe i shouldve created new thread.

anyways.

The average transfer rates seems quite ok to me. IINM it was the ST3500320AS which had transfer rates close to 90Mbps. I dont use teracopy so cant comment on that. :p

hey faheem , i would like to suggest u to asses the HDD performance by a software like HDtach .

Teracopy is not a benchmarking software and often shows erronous transfer speeds (to me atleast).

Back