Amay

Recruit
I think I have narrowed down the components, but any changes are much appreciated
- I will use it mostly for Gaming, Using Engineering Designing apps, Watching Content, Etc.
- I currently have a monitor that I use with my laptop; except for that, I do not have any old components.
- Previously I was thinking of buying a Custom Pc from one of many stores online, but now I have changed my plan to build it myself, it makes me nervous and excited at the same time.
- So can you guys list the trusted places where I can buy components for the best price without getting scammed?
- I am thinking of building this PC around Sep but nothing is set in stone.
- I want this PC to be As future Proof as I can get in this budget.
- can you guys also check component compatibility?

CPU (approx- 18-19k)
7600, 7600x (currently previously was going for i5 12400f)
MB (approx- 11k)
MSI B650M GAMING WIFI (Confused between MSI and Gigabyte, my only concern is both of them have 2 ram slots )
GPU (approx- 38k)
7700xt
RAM (approx- 5k)
XPG Lancer RGP (16x1) (ill add the second as soon as I can)(I want a 6000mz DDR5 with around CL30)
SSD (approx- 5-6k)
Need a gen4 SSD with a decent read and the right speed
PSU (approx- 5k)
Deepcool PK650D
CASE (approx- 4-5k)
I Need a case with a Panoramic View, the one with 2 side glass (IDK the exact terminology), but I kind of love those cases, IK they have a bit of airflow problem, I have looked up a few.
- Ant Esport Crystal X2
- Zebronics Mercury
- Antec CX200M
This is the most confusing component, there are hardly any reviews (Especially in India) but I also don't want to overthink too much
COOLER (approx- 0-2k)
Deepcool AG400 or stock (I wanted to go for some fancy-looking cooler but it is out of my current budget T.T)
TOTAL approx- 85-91k (I want the keep it under 90k if plausible, while not sacrificing much)

Honestly, 90k is tough.

IMO, it is better to save & upgrade GPU to 7900GRE + 2TB SSD for the above rig, will be about 120k, if you can.

Else, i5 12400F + 7700XT for 90k is kind of possible (no future upgradability).
Ok that's why I dropped the idea of 12400f
This was the build that made be believe 7600+7700xt under 90k is possible

Get the Asrock B650M, any model you like. Been using their B450M since a long time and it works fine plus their boards have 2 NVME slots and 4 DIMM slots.

Much better value over well known brands. B650M Pro RS has all the bells and whistles but a lil over your budget for MB.

Get the Asrock B650M, any model you like. Been using their B450M since a long time and it works fine plus their boards have 2 NVME slots and 4 DIMM slots.

Much better value over well known brands. B650M Pro RS has all the bells and whistles but a lil over your budget for MB.
IT COSTS AROUND 18K, IT 7K MORE THAN WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR T.T

Makes sense, can you tell me trusted places where I can order parts from
Vedant, MDcomputers, PrimeABGB, PCStudio would be my top picks. Honestly all the sellers in pcpricetracker are trusted, but those are top 3 plus PCStudio (Ankit Infotech) is an old store in Bengaluru, they have been trying to compete aggressively with the top 3 for the last few years.

I would recommend the MSI model motherboard over the gigabyte one. It has debug leds.
If you can spring another 3k for the Msi B650-S Pro wifi, it would be better since it has heatsinks on the top vrm, letting you use high power cpus when you upgrade later.

The MSI b650-S also has 4 dimm slots though it isnt recommended to run all 4 dimms with the 7000 series AMD. (probably 9000 too)
The ram speeds drop down very significantly harming your overall performance. Maybe the memory controller of future processors will be able to handle it but cant be sure

It wont have all the bells for sure. Wont have usb 4 (max i think is 20gbps through typc c) and limited to pcie gen 4 but i don't see that as reason to not keep using the system down the line. Your motherboard wont be bottlenecking your performance. As long as the power delivery is decent and has 2.5G lan, probably not missing out on a lot. As long as AMD supports am5 as well as they supported am4, it should be fine.

Vedant, MDcomputers, PrimeABGB, PCStudio would be my top picks. Honestly all the sellers in pcpricetracker are trusted, but those are top 3 plus PCStudio (Ankit Infotech) is an old store in Bengaluru, they have been trying to compete aggressively with the top 3 for the last few years
Thanks Man

I would recommend the MSI model motherboard over the gigabyte one. It has debug leds.
If you can spring another 3k for the Msi B650-S Pro wifi, it would be better since it has heatsinks on the top vrm, letting you use high power cpus when you upgrade later.
Noob Question, but isn't the B650 chipset same in both, can you elaborate/ tell me the pros and cons of both??

Noob Question, but isn't the B650 chipset same in both, can you elaborate/ tell me the pros and cons of both??
Yes, the chipset is the same in both. The difference is the features and build quality.
For example, the gigabyte board doesn't have Debug leds which are 4 lights for cpu, ram, vga and ssd. if something is wrong with your graphics card and your system doesn't turn on, the vga led will stay lit up letting you trouble shoot better. Higher end boards come with Post code which tells you far more specifically what the error is.
Other features are like, how many sata ports, how many ram slots, m.2 slots, pcie gen for the ssd and top x16 slot. usb type c header. Whether the Lan connection is gigabit/2.5gigabit or 10 gigabit. How many argb/rgb headers and such. wifi/ no- wifi
As far as build quality is concerned, things matter like how many phase vrm? does the vrm have heatsinks or not? A crappy vrm will give out a lot of heat compared to a high end one, so if going for a low-mid range board, you need to make sure they have heatsinks and put a lot of airflow. If the VRM overheats, it will throttle your cpu.

Yes, the chipset is the same in both. The difference is the features and build quality.
For example, the gigabyte board doesn't have Debug leds which are 4 lights for cpu, ram, vga and ssd. if something is wrong with your graphics card and your system doesn't turn on, the vga led will stay lit up letting you trouble shoot better. Higher end boards come with Post code which tells you far more specifically what the error is.
Other features are like, how many sata ports, how many ram slots, m.2 slots, pcie gen for the ssd and top x16 slot. usb type c header. Whether the Lan connection is gigabit/2.5gigabit or 10 gigabit. How many argb/rgb headers and such. wifi/ no- wifi
As far as build quality is concerned, things matter like how many phase vrm? does the vrm have heatsinks or not? A crappy vrm will give out a lot of heat compared to a high end one, so if going for a low-mid range board, you need to make sure they have heatsinks and put a lot of airflow. If the VRM overheats, it will throttle your cpu.
oh really, till today was aware about only 1 LED that blinks if Mobo have Power Supply.. such LED's really help if any issue arise in future, less headache for users to diagnose what exactly went wrong or have issue. Thanks for detail reply cum description.

And between b650m gaming and b650 s pro wifi??

Back