First step into head-fi! :D Well, almost. :\

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Got my Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 yesterday. :D

167714becff2440c2c.jpg

167714becff249c127.jpg

167714becff24cd666.jpg

Set it up overnight. The Toslink out from the PS3 was connected to the optical input and the main system through USB. The device was instantly recognised by Windows 7 without any need for installing the drivers. Tried playing few flacs through Foobar v1.0.3 through DirectSound (DS) since KS and Wasapi wasn't supported. The USB outputs at 16-Bit/48kHz by default, however there's a tweak in Foobar to have the 24-bit/96kHz enabled. :D

The DAC does get warm over the period of usage. Not hot, but warm to touch. As of now, I have used the analog outs to the MX5021 and can see a notable difference between this DAC and the Cirrus Logic one used in the DX. I shall be heading to ANP!!!'s place soon to have the tube pre-outs tested with the Norge 2060 amp + Wharfedale bookshelves combo. Soon enough this DAC shall serve as the pre-amp since I'd invest in an amp and bookshelves' setup after my post-Croatia trip. :p

The Audio Technica AD700 is what I intend to pair with this amp. Last checked, the cans have already been shipped by Amazon to my contact's place at VA, US. *yay*

Last but not the least, I owe my thanks to Ryan of Maverick Audio (for the gyan he shared over the IMs and shipping the DAC from HK), Gautam of Pristine Note who kept his word with the shipment delivery date, apna in-house IEMs and head-fi'er Faheem (who brought Gautam into the big picture!), vercetti (who gave me Gautam's contact number :p), Brendon, Titana and Superfrag (for the cans' recommendation - unfortunately I had to opt the AD700 since I was on a financial crunch :ashamed:) and lastly Sangram (for his recommendations and suggestions).

This is what could probably be called my first step into head-fi and a small leap at it. :)

Congrats dude !

IIRC you were looking for a closed headphone, What changed your mind ?

BTW, how can wasapi not be supported ? Did you install the foobar wasapi plugin ?

6pack said:
congrats :)
should i ask the damages? :p

Oh yeah apologies! :p

12, 160 INR after using the 1k off ebay coupon and a free Hippo Epic IEMs along with the package.

titana said:
Congrats dude !

IIRC you were looking for a closed headphone, What changed your mind ?

BTW, how can wasapi not be supported ? Did you install the foobar wasapi plugin ?

Couldn't find much reviews for the A700 which were the closed ones similar to the AD700. Some say they use the same drivers as that of the AD700 as well. Went by the reviews and decided this one.

Tried the Wasapi plugin and still foobar says it's not supported. :(

Maybe I need to dwelve more into the thing and find out if there are alternate workarounds.

Congrats Gannu :D A great setup to start with ,I am sure it's not going to end here .. :bleh:

Metalspree said:
If you are a basshead then the AD700 is a BIG NO.I prefer the Dennon AH D2000

Dude the price difference is more than double ;)

Dark Star said:
Please post one full size pic of the setup with the lappy ;)

167714bed643e7dcdb.jpg

No complaints on the table please. :ashamed:

I'm getting a simpler wooden one this month end.

A nice way to hide all the cables if you ask me. That small shelf houses the UPS, cable modem, router, HDMI switcher and the dangling cables. :bleh:

udayrulz said:
Congrats Gannu ! , When are you getting the AD700's ?

Thanks Uday. Getting it by June 3rd week when my contact lands in India. :)

FaH33m said:
A great setup to start with ,I am sure it's not going to end here .. :bleh:

Heh I bet this isn't stopping here! :p

Back