First step into head-fi! :D Well, almost. :\

Gannu said:
I have used the analog outs to the MX5021 and can see a notable difference between this DAC and the Cirrus Logic one used in the DX
Thought you would have said a bit more.

Did you go with the stock op-amps or did you make any changes ?

Anyway, congrats :)

greenhorn said:
even i just got my first DAC a few days back :D
The same one or something else ?

^Everything's on stock - opamps and the tube. In fact, I wanted to open the DAC up but sadly I do not have the hex key of the required size to open up the allen keys used on the DAC - 4 of them. Wanted to see what is the unnamed DAC copied from the Xiang Sheng DC as they say. :p

I'd buy a tube later on when I invest in a proper amp. Btw, the tube has a warm sound signature to it, pretty much evident when we switch between the tube pre-outs and the analog outs. I like! :D

Oh and congrats greenie. What DAC btw? :)

I know you said no comments on the table, but seriously!! :O It looks like it's gonna give away any moment! :p

Please do some justice to your setup. :p

^^^

Faheem i tried em with a essence stx(suggestion from titana and he was spot on) as well as amps. They sound wow. D bass is definitely not lacking nor overpowering and d mids and high r just right.. dont quiet understand lows

BTW-got an audition of the ath-m50's as well as ATH-eS7. i can very safely say that the denon 1001 r definitely out of my wishlist now. Once i get either, will offload the 555's and 485's. Both the ath's r very easily driven..

But still, with an amp, the shure-840 stand out

I was wondering about that, not the usual holiday spot from India.

The Dalmation (yeah like the disney flick) coast is supposed to be very nice tho.

blr_p said:
I was wondering about that, not the usual holiday spot from India.

The Dalmation (yeah like the disney flick) coast is supposed to be very nice tho.

LOL I'm not headed there for vacation. :p

Our client's pissed off for the work being delayed here so couple of us are headed there to expedite the process.

@VB: Yeah yeah I know. But trust me most of us have comfortably sat on it (which explains why the legs are teda-meda now). :ashamed:

Congrats on the purchase! The whole setup's looking great!

Desecrator said:
@VB: Yeah yeah I know. But trust me most of us have comfortably sat on it (which explains why the legs are teda-meda now). :ashamed:

Hahaha.. first time I've seen that being writtten anywhere on the interwebz.. :rofl::rofl:

esanthosh said:
Any idea of Opamp and Tube rolling in the near future? :)

Yeah but not immediately. Once I get hold of a good amp and a pair of bookshelves - essentially when I have funds with me. :lol:

Considering the Cambridge Audio Azur 340A. If only I have a friend coming down from the US sometime soon. ):

greenhorn said:
its a porta corda III i got from BF1983.

Both the maverick & the porta corda are in the same range, decent for starter DAC's.

One's portable and the other not. Does the amp in the corda matter at all in a desktop environment ?

How would they compare soundwise I wonder.

Back