Budget 90k+ First time PC buying advice needed

1. What is your budget?
    • Under 2 Lakhs preferably unless it's REALLY worth going higher without diminishing returns.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - MSI G273Q 27" 1440p 165hz
    • Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - MSI G273Q 27" 1440p 165hz
    • Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    I'm fully open to suggestions. I was using a laptop until now but I've settled somewhere for the next 5-6 years and I feel like this is a good time to get a PC. I will likely only be using this PC for the next 6 years so it doesn't have to be very future proof but I want it to run everything I throw at it at near max settings. I already have a decent 1440p 165hz monitor so I'm thinking of continuing to use it, unless you think an upgrade to 4k is worth it. If there is a prebuilt option that meets my needs and isn't much more expensive than a custom build, I'm very open to that. In fact, I'd rather have someone experienced assemble even a custom build for me than doing it entirely myself.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final, not looking to upgrade.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Vapi, Gujarat
    • Can easily make trips to Bombay
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • General Multimedia
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I would prefer MSI or Asus as I've had good experiences with their products but I'm pretty open.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Age of Empires 4
    • Racing - Grid Legends, Forza Horizon 5
    • Action - Elden Ring, Devil May Cry 5, Monster Hunter World
    • Open World - GTA 6, Red Dead 2, etc
    • Emulators - RPCS3
      Want everything and future 6 years of these types of games at near max settings.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1440p at minimum. Can consider 4k if worth it.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    No, I'm not familiar enough with it to risk a brand new system and I imagine I shouldn't need to at this budget.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 or 11

For a budget of 2 lacs, you have a lot of choices.

Get Ryzen 7 5800X3D and pair it with 3080 or 3080 Ti from Asus or Zotac.

Add a WD Black or Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB drive (2 of them, if you want), 16x2 DDR4 3600 Mhz RAM from Corsair and slap them all on an MSI Tomahawk board.

Feed them through an Asus Rog Strix 850G PSU and put them all in a nice house (cabinet) of your choosing, add some fans and an AIO if you wish, to keep them all cool. You're good to go.

1. What is your budget?
    • Under 2 Lakhs preferably unless it's REALLY worth going higher without diminishing returns.
Several questions-
1. Do you want to go all out on RGB?
2. Black or white case/theme?
3. Do you care about ray tracing/cuda/nvenc streaming?
4. How much storage do you need?

Note that with the hardware you buy today, you won't be running games at near max settings after 3-4 years.

Rough templates for a new build
AMD - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/80230389-967d-4979-8e3e-fe2edee35028
Nvidia - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/5faae327-991c-4f7a-9e9b-0833e77180de

Several questions-
1. Do you want to go all out on RGB?
2. Black or white case/theme?
3. Do you care about ray tracing/cuda/nvenc streaming?
4. How much storage do you need?

Note that with the hardware you buy today, you won't be running games at near max settings after 3-4 years.

Rough templates for a new build
AMD - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/80230389-967d-4979-8e3e-fe2edee35028
Nvidia - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/5faae327-991c-4f7a-9e9b-0833e77180de
1. I do appreciate lighting but I don't want a disco rave in my room. I would prefer cool but relatively subtle RGB. One case that really captured my attention was the LianLi O11 Dynamic Razer edition, for example.
2. I'm ok with both black and white actually. In fact, a combo of both are usually even cooler.
3. I barely know what any of those do tbh, so likely not that much.
4. Total storage around 3 TB. I'm thinking 1 TB SSD + 2TB HDD

1. I do appreciate lighting but I don't want a disco rave in my room. I would prefer cool but relatively subtle RGB. One case that really captured my attention was the LianLi O11 Dynamic Razer edition, for example.
2. I'm ok with both black and white actually. In fact, a combo of both are usually even cooler.
3. I barely know what any of those do tbh, so likely not that much.
4. Total storage around 3 TB. I'm thinking 1 TB SSD + 2TB HDD
Do have a look at builds I posted in the other comment. It's a good rough template to begin with.

Do have a look at builds I posted in the other comment. It's a good rough template to begin with.
Yes, I did take a look and it's actually pretty close to what I was thinking. I'm just hashing out what case I would like the look of vs price. And I also decided to wait a bit until the next gen AMD GPUs come out next month.

I do like your build. I feel like I'm approaching a clear idea of what exactly I want.

What do you think of this configuration?,have added and adjusted few parts to stay relevant.

Attachments

• BAAAE889-8C55-4E10-A56E-6703029EA356.png
    BAAAE889-8C55-4E10-A56E-6703029EA356.png
    695.7 KB · Views: 76
first of all wait until amd's new GPU drops which is on December's 2-3rd week. your best options are 4080 or 7900XTX.
i believe anyone aiming for such high price should have every setting enable this includes ray tracing that's why even 4080 (even though very bad pricing) is mentioned.
entry level 4080 currently comes around 1.2L so enough room for a 5800x3D system in the remaining budget. 7900XTX will be even less pricy so just wait for it to come out and compare it to 4080.

first of all wait until amd's new GPU drops which is on December's 2-3rd week. your best options are 4080 or 7900XTX.
i believe anyone aiming for such high price should have every setting enable this includes ray tracing that's why even 4080 (even though very bad pricing) is mentioned.
entry level 4080 currently comes around 1.2L so enough room for a 5800x3D system in the remaining budget. 7900XTX will be even less pricy so just wait for it to come out and compare it to 4080.
If going for 4080 i might recommend waiting a little. Who knows if Nvidia will come to their senses and drop the pricing a bit? I mean one can hope

If going for 4080 i might recommend waiting a little. Who knows if Nvidia will come to their senses and drop the pricing a bit? I mean one can hope
One can only hope for something like that to happen,however i feel it’s highly unlikely unless 7900XTX really blows 4080,which i very much doubt it will,judging by the way amd presented these new 7900 cards,even they didn’t bother showcasing against any nvidia cards.

yea 4080 price will definitely drop to $1000 since laterally there is no reason why anyone would not just spend the extra 400 to get the best of the best. also there is no much demand for just card since 30 series is so easily available now and used market is flooded with good cards.

Back